Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Newbie ;)

New be to Tarot all over again.

Some four decades ago at the age of twenty I happened to be at my mother-in-law's bungalow and noticed a box of Tarot cards. When I went to reach for it and just as my hand was above it my entire hand felt a prolonged pulse of what may be described as hightened blood pressure in just my hand alone . After picking up the pack and having pull the cards from it the sensation subsided.
Intrigued I also pulled a somewhat used set of directions and card meaning from the box. Never having been one to read directions I bolted head on with crypt in hand and began making readings almost right away using a simple 7 card platform. Of my own accord I made an instant decision never to hear or see any question directly from whomever I was giving the reading to. I only asked that they keep their qustion in mind. I did this for several months and never profited. Most of my readings were gift enough
for the clear majority of people that said it really helped.
Unfortunately the whims of youth and the blessed irresponsibility that comes with it inevitably lead to the deck and I parting.
Over the years I've laid my hands over many a tarot card deck never to get that same feeling of Bond.

No deck that I've tried to use since then has ever been satisfactory in outcome. Do I keep searching for that elusive deck or is there more to it than that?
Any response would be welcome.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its more than that. You were in a place and time where life did not give way to the want or need for more than the explorations of the cards. You were tapped into your pure intuition as you never openly asked for the question.

I was a teen and I would get "Flashes" of Tarot Cards but if I had been caught with a deck at home (as my Mom snooped my room often for no reason) in so called cleaning it....I did not dare explore more. I never understood why the flashes and I so did not want to be that lady in the mall sitting doing readings. I did though go to one at 18 for a reading. That was very accurate years later.

I was in my 40's when I finally picked up a deck The Halloween Tarot a fun whimsical deck, that sits alone now on a shelf. I never overly used them.....but they opened that intuition door wider with me and that place of confidence to do readings. Not for profit as I do many here, for free. The time was right is all for me to have the time for readings.

I have many decks that for some reason I wanted but I do not use, some never used.....for readings. The I found the "one" like you do a person in your life that one deck that is ME. No use for the Guide Book....but the cards are me. I have gone through a few decks of them now from use....now I keep a new deck to sub out worn cards.

Its about FEELING them in your gut space as to what calls to you. They say never judge a book by its cover....but that is how I found these cards the cover of the box was "me" in the feeling from the image.

The deck I use the most is The Psychic Tarot by John Holland (though many like the Guide Book I have no use for it the images speak volumes.

You too have to ask yourself what you want from the cards....profits from readings this time, just to do and practice readings again. If its for profits this could be a block that is there holding the energy back.

Lynn
Old 07-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Newbie ;)

I have no desire for profit but would like to help when possible. But as stated before no other deck has effected me or been as helpful as that one I felt that one time. The figures on it we're courtly in the proper way of feudal kingdoms but drawn more in a realist manner of the 18th century. I've not seen another deck like it since. Could it be my intuition is all that's involved and the energy I felt was a fluke?
Old 07-08-2017, 04:14 AM
Administrator
Hello

It is possible that you made an energy connection to the deck and maybe to someone that used them that might have passed over. In this the spirit of the person could interact with you in the readings being done. Like when I would "see" the card images without the cards present. I was being shown them by a Tarot Reader that had passed over.

I would not say the energy is a fluke more that you were in tune enough to feel it present. Its something we all have with us so its dormant not gone.

I would Google 18th Century Tarot images see what comes from it. I have one deck from that time period. I too have some "recreation" decks.

Being that it was that old most likely Rider Waite.

Lynn
Old 07-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Newbie ;)

That makes sense to me. My mother-in-law had said the deck was left when a friend brought a few friends over to visit and a girl (to my mother-in-law at the time someone under the age of thirty) had left them there and never returned to retrieve them. I myself have been sensitive to presence at times and though never having seen appearances I can gauge thier intent. Most times they seemed annoyed at my intrusion but rarely have they felt malevolent. Both my grandparents on my father's side were Spiritualists and my mother has seen full bodied apparitions. So it is possible there lies within me the seeds of sensitivity that I've not tried to bring out. But I digress. Is it possible that the deck I seek would have to be imbued or is there a way to just get a deck I like for it's art and be able to use it with the same success as the deck I lost so long ago.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Administrator
Hello

I so feel that like crystals choose us not us choose them its the same with a deck. Its a vibration that says "yes" to us. Like the crystal I have on my neck today. Normally I would not wear clear quartz with a predominately white top, but it is what called out this AM. I felt it vibration from the jewelry box.

Its the same with cards, I found my favorite deck by looking at images of tarot cards that were out there. I knew I wanted something graphic in the details in the image. So when you look for a deck put aside what was and open to what is that now place your in. Many stores have samples out that you can try and see what they feel like.

There are traditional Tarot cards that follow the original deck rules, there are Tarot Oracle Cards that have foundations of the original but add something different to them, then there are Oracle Cards that are outside the realms of traditional tarot.

As your open to the energies and your family line has a strong connection so that will help guide you. Go to a good quality shop where you can touch the cards.

Let us know how the journey goes.

Lynn
Old 07-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for your help. I'll continue my search for a new deck keeping in mind the importance of what the Tarot art represents to me. Here in Las Vegas they're are, for lack of a better word, occult shops that carry Tarot though I've been disappointed in the lack of energy. You've inspired me to dig a little deeper and again thank you for taking the time to help.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Administrator
Hello

Oh and Occult Shop my favorite of places to venture into. There was on in Glastonbury England that I so fell in LOVe with. I walked in and it was dark and light all at the same time. I was with my now husband "Heart" a member here on SF. I was chatting away to "air" as he was out as fast as he went into the place. The shop owner came up to me and goes he vanished LOL your talking to yourself my dear. Then he goes its amazing your knowledge of what is in here and more amazing YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT .....as it is a tourist shop in a tourist area.

I chatted to him for quite some time and finally Heart came back in to find me.....for the shop keeper to go your lady knows her stuff good thing she also is pure of Light. Heart goes that is what worries me she does know this stuff. Out he went again......

So a shop might seem to have that heavy energy to it but it does not mean that your not going to find what calls to you there. You hold the energy when you enter a shop, the shop is but a building. I got something from his shop that I value greatly.

Lynn
Old 10-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Newbie ;)

It seems my search for the elusive deck began yesterday and a strange beginning it was.
My customer (I'm a Carpenter) offered the lunch if my choice and Mexican food came to mind almost at once. He said he knew a place close by and it was one of his favorites. We arrived only to find it closed for renovations. His next choice was a block over but when we pulled in there was a sign explaining they were closed due to their air conditioners being down. (Middle of summer Las Vegas) We next tried a Mexican restaurant he hadn't been to before but had wanted to try. As we came to the entrance I looked next door and saw an occult store. I excused myself for a minute to run in and check out what they had to offer. In my minds eye I can picture the art of the deck but as yet haven't seen it on my many on line searches. The cards weren't obvious when I walked in and had to ask for help. A younger gentleman pointed them out to me in a case that was right out in the open. I should have seen them right away but curiously all the decks we're wrapped in plain white paper. I might add also the the shop was obviously of a South or more probable a Central American Spiritual theme. I thanked the shop keeper after his offer of pulling the decks out but explained I didn't have the time but would be back.
Today it slipped my mind and after I was well across the valley on my way home it came to mind just about the time I came across The Psychic Eye. I hadn't been there in years but thought why not. Their decks we're on full display and one in particular the Smith/Waite centennial addition was much in the style I am looking for but not quite there. The shop keeper was kind enough to open the display and allow me to feel for energy but there was none there. Seeing my disappointment he explained they have new decks coming in next week and I may find what I might be looking for after I explained how I saw them. He mention two decks but I for the life of me can't remember what they were. The quest continues.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:04 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its nice to see that your exploring the occult stores without the hesitations to them that was there. In opening more to all that is out there I a sure you will find what your looking for.

Lynn