Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-04-2024, 04:47 AM
Master

Earliest Memories......

I can remember being an infant, no words as words did not come until I learned a spoken language. But I did have feelings, most of the time it was natural joy, but when I was uncomfortable I cried. I was consciousness in a body not knowing what a body was, or what to call my surroundings.

When the Christian Bible says “you must become as a child,” I feel like they are referring to an infant, and I remember now in my seventies what it was like to be an infant, although I do not feel the need to pee or **** on myself. For me, as an infant, I had no thoughts. Although it may have been different for others.

Our earliest memories can take us back to a state before we called ourselves “adults.” before we became so attached to language, details, and the complexities of modern living. Along the way my mind and body grew but the essence of my consciousness basically remained the same.

I filled my mind with all sorts of things and explored my growing body with words and actions before getting to know my consciousness, yet my consciousness had been with me much longer than my chattering mind or body. So what are some of your earliest memories of being?
Old 22-04-2024, 05:16 AM
Master
My oldest memory is coming home from the neighbor's pond and finding my mother on the stoop with a broom in her hand in a frantic state. It was spring time. My Mother was afraid of snakes and when she saw me with baby snakes in my hands and snakes hanging out of my diaper.......

That is all I remember.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-04-2024, 05:50 AM
Master

BigJohn, it seems you were not afraid of those snakes, which brings up the question when did fear first set into our consciousness? Not necessarily you John but anyone. We were not afraid as babies, and your mom was rightfully frantic. Its like don’t touch the hot stove you may get burnt. You did not know about snakes as a baby and yet you were not afraid of the unknown; which leads me to believe that fear starts in the mind and babies have undeveloped minds. Thanks for sharing that story.
Old 22-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Administrator
For myself I was aware of spirit as soon as I was born at the time I thought everyone could do it.
I remember my dad saying to my mother that I needed to see a doctor
because I was babbling away to spirit.
He could never grasp the idea of Spirituality,
My mother had more of an understanding but she would never speak about it.
Especially to me. she used to call me names to my siblings.

I ran away from home when I was about 10 or 11 I went to my grandmothers house she knew about spirituality so She taught me a lot but when I was toddling about a man stood right in front of me he told me he is my guide then he told me his name,
It was my guide and my grandmother that taught me

Namaste
Old 22-04-2024, 08:53 AM
Master

My earliest memories were of being a toddler around about 15 months old.
At age 4 I knew I was different when I started school, but in those days spirituality was never discussed or even heard of in those days .
Mention "sensitive" or "Empath" in those days to the mums stood on the doorsteps yakking over the wall to neighbours wearing pinnies, curlers in hair, fag hanging out of mouth and a screaming baby on their hip and they'd be like "you wot luv ..? Come again ?..."

But I agree it's crucial to never lose the wonderment of being a child , to see everything through the eyes of a child in order to live in the most magical way which is what I've always done.

I feel many many emotions, but fear is not I e of them , not in everyday life.
Of course I am afraid of my end of life given my diseases , but I'm general I walked a path where even angels would fear to tread , and that was just going to work every morning !!!

...oh sorry.... Forget to say, I got no support or understanding from anyone except
my loved ones in the afterlife and my Angels...
( Bit of a bug*er when you got to rely on the dead to get you through life !!!!!!......
Something to ponder on ..! )
Old 22-04-2024, 10:58 AM
Master

I have found that most spiritually attuned people had a difficult childhood. Like Native spirit, I also ran away from home when I was about 11-years old, and like AngelBlue, I also had no one to talk to about my perceptions of the spiritual world when I was a child. I agree, there was no such thing as the word “spirituality” back then in the 1950’s, but very strict religious views were present and I just did not fit in to that.

Most people who pursue spiritual development today, in my experience of meeting those kind of people, they come out of misunderstood homes or even dysfunctional families. They got away from that situation, and one way or another found their way into the depths of their own being. Generally people who pursue spiritual development just do not want to stay on the surface and most, in my opinion, are in touch with their inner child.

I believe that inner child is where the depths of the journey begins. For me, it seems to be always beginning; the never ending journey.
Old 22-04-2024, 01:00 PM
Master

My first memory of this life is being in an energy field, like a bubble, floating, being healed, being breathelessly given love... I guess that is my first understsnding of love ever. I had thoughts, a mind, I felt at ease however... It was after my experience of in between lives.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 22-04-2024, 02:03 PM
I was not walking yet, in a play pen while my mother was doing dishes.
I vividly rem looking at kitchen objects, tilting my head like a doggie...
trying to figure out what WERE these things 'floating in space'...you know, like a refrigerator...
I know of many stories like Native's...they make you feel like a nut. :(

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-04-2024, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
BigJohn, it seems you were not afraid of those snakes, which brings up the question when did fear first set into our consciousness? .......... We were not afraid as babies, and your mom was rightfully frantic. .......... You did not know about snakes as a baby and yet you were not afraid of the unknown; which leads me to believe that fear starts in the mind and babies have undeveloped minds.

When I was about 8 years old, I propped up against a tree and tried sleeping. I never did get in to a deep sleep because of the bugs so I woke up. Much to my surprise there was a big, black snake coiled up in my lap sleeping. I jumped up and tried flying back to the house. I guess my Mother had 'instilled' in me the fear of snakes. For several years, I would have nightmare, fell out of bed and in many cases, would wake up under the bed or in the walk-in closet.

As an adult, I bought 11.2 acres of land with a house and garage on them. I tore down the house piece by piece and rebuilt it and doubled its size. I had several acres of land which I raised organic food. I also told all the animals not to mess with my gardens. One day, a turtle messed with one of my raised beds. I let her do her thing: she needed a place to lay her eggs.

As time passed, I noticed somebody was eating my strawberries. One day I caught sight of him. I was at one end of a row of strawberries and he was at the other end. He would only eat 1/2 of a strawberry. Just enough to irate me. He was 'standing up' as in defiance. He was a snake.

Soon I became friends of him. Other snakes I had seen before, I literally kicked off my property. This chap, I left him alone. Next, I saw snakes crawling in the fields, swimming across the water and hanging from trees. We became friends and co-existed.

Not too long, some Japanese tourist took pictures and videos of me dancing during the day time. Behind him was a Cobra who was also dancing with my movements. Another time, same scenario but that time, there were 2 Cobras behind me. I have a picture somewhere of a Cobra around my neck and I kissing the Cora's hood. I don't think I will ever do that again. LOL!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-04-2024, 06:56 PM
Master

Thank you all for your wonderful sharing. BigJohn you bring up nightmares. Children seem to have more nightmares than adults; I know I did as a child and now as an adult I don’t have any. That may be due to the decades of me doing quiet meditation and keeping my mind still when my physical body falls asleep. Amazing how we start our conscious journey of human life.