Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-10-2021, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have seen Hayagriva in front of certain Buddhist Temples. Very powerful protector.

I used to go to this one famous Temple and you would see two beautiful, giant protectors, protecting the entrance.

You will also see Nagas, snake like creatures, used for protecion. Reminds me of the 'snake' in the Garden of Eden story.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:33 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The one who bows and the one who is bowed to are both, by nature, empty
If everything is empty then there is no right nor wrong.
Everything is empty and we all have buddha nature, but because of my karma I'm am asleep. Praying to a buddha helps me to wake up from this dream or sometimes nightmare that I believe to live in, and that is what I believe in.

What is your method to attain enlightenment? How would you wake up from the nightmare of ghosts and evil energies? If it's good and makes sense I shall follow it.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antilope
If everything is empty then there is no right nor wrong.
Everything is empty and we all have buddha nature, but because of my karma I'm am asleep. Praying to a buddha helps me to wake up from this dream or sometimes nightmare that I believe to live in, and that is what I believe in.
If it helps you to pray to a Statue then you should continue, you could look at it as ' Mind over matter '. What I'm referring to is Buddha's Teachings which makes sense to me.
Prostration before a Statue is based on the perception that a Buddha has a separate self from your own, and that you have a self separate from the Buddha, this can only be called Superstition according to The Buddha. Emptiness has nothing to do with 'Right or Wrong Antilope. There are multiple Teachings available in which The Buddha talks about praying to Idols, amulets, ancestors etc: .... But to each their own
Old 11-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I used to go to this one famous Temple and you would see two beautiful, giant protectors, protecting the entrance.

so ~ kinda like fu dogs ?

I am thinking that feng shui would probably try to address this situation ~ I just don't know too much about feng shui

I guess I could pay more attention to picture healer channel

not really buddhism but I only take from buddhism what I find useful ~ I get around to more than one religion ~ I think they all have something to offer
Old 12-10-2021, 05:29 AM
Master
Those chaps are sorta like the fu dogs.

As for Feng Shui, something you might be interested is something I have tried promoting and that is Feng Shui for the desert.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Those chaps are sorta like the fu dogs.

As for Feng Shui, something you might be interested is something I have tried promoting and that is Feng Shui for the desert.

I love the desert ~ God told me to live in the desert ~ I don't belong anywhere else ~
Old 15-10-2021, 10:42 AM
Seeker
As far as I understand, Buddhists have a method of praying for higher spirits to guide them.
This is primary true in temples because they are known to be a place of learning spirituality, and reach higher state of spirituality. These places often attract great / good spirits come and guide the monks or whoever seek enlightment.
So naturally, they will also protect temples from negative energy, which technically comes from malicious spirits who seek disturbance, manipulation for their own gain.

Last edited by Antonio94 : 15-10-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 15-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio94
As far as I understand, Buddhists have a method of praying for higher spirits to guide them.
What are 'Higher Spirits' in Buddhism ?
"The one who bows and the one who is bowed to are both, by nature, empty,"
The Emptiness of Prayer... Zen Master Thích Nhất Hạnh.
Old 15-10-2021, 03:49 PM
Master
Thích Nhất Hạnh is the one that cemented in to me the Walking Meditation which I consider the best form of meditation.

As for your quote, the rest of it says "Therefore the communication between them is inexpressibly perfect" which shed a completely different meaning on what was initially presented.

Old 15-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Ascender
just my walking meditation alone works magic to fend off a lot of negative energies ~

combined with other forms of meditation like yoga and taiji ~ also regular meditation and study ~ it's that much stronger

but there are other negative energies such as thoughts that can be a full time job to stay on top of

putting up all of these protections is always a full time job for me ~ 1 second at a time

mostly looking for a system to practice on a schedule so I won't be neglecting the importance of the situation

I function better in structure than I do in chaos ~ all of my meditation etc. is on a daily schedule chart ~ I think putting up magical protection should also be on the schedule