Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-09-2021, 02:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

How to Do Green Tara Practice

Lama Palden Drolma teaches how to visualize the deity Green Tara, who embodies one’s buddhanature. Illustrations by Tomi Um.

lionsroar.com/how-to-do-green-tara-practice/

Ask her for a teacher
Old 17-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Master
I like Green Tara.
I am surprised that virtually nobody on here is interested in her.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-09-2021, 03:07 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Empty of what

that
Old 19-09-2021, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
that
'That' bluish underground cavern with waterfalls
Old 19-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
it's funny but an ego can't imagine no ego. it's impossible.
When you practice 'Astral Projection' what happens to 'Ego', do you leave it behind or does it go with you on the trip ?
Old 19-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

You have allways ego. You can dissove your ego but I think it would be best to work towards the benefit of all beings
Old 19-09-2021, 09:32 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Empty could lead you into to the realms of non form were you exist in no form - because you meditated a lot.
It's not the best Idea if you have goals like nirvana or being a bodhisattva. Mantras would help you get pass. And if you add mantra meditation you'll find different samadhis until the last one, quicker.
Old 19-09-2021, 09:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

If you could imagine no ego you probably attain nirvana right there
Old 20-09-2021, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antilope
You have allways ego. You can dissove your ego but I think it would be best to work towards the benefit of all beings

Buddhism views a healthy/flexible ego as necessary to interact with the World in skilful ways.
Old 21-09-2021, 12:57 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Buddhism views a healthy/flexible ego as necessary to interact with the World in skilful ways.

It would be more accurate to say some person {and yourself obviously) who believes themselves in someway a "Buddhist" or teacher or self appointed authority of "Buddhism" teaches that. You posted the web site where you got that belief from once and I went there and read it. I was actually amazed someone would teach such a thing. But there it was! Word for word what you believe and frequently post about as some kind of Buddhist teaching.

It's obviously not "Buddhism" as a whole that teaches that, it's some individual and some others who are into a teaching or interpretation like that. There have been many threads about ego and people are pretty entrenched and attached to their beliefs so seems to me such discussions are pointless.

People believe they are right and others wrong and that's that. No one can agree on what the ego is either. Basically, the above belief is based on defining "ego" as our personality or self which is fine if one likes using the word ego in that way.

I myself find such a definition of "ego" limiting. To me, ego is something created by a particular relationship we have with our content, our mechanical thoughts and conditioning etc. The thing that makes one person believe they are Christian and another believe they are Buddhist and another believe they are somehow neither but "above" both. All this judgement. Judging others by what they believe or "think" or by what they believe themselves to "be. It's back to the I am right and they are wrong ego thing. Back to creating differences. Ego is identification with our content and conditioning. To me that is what it is. To others no, ego is who they are. Their personality like I said or some variation of that.

But people know what they know. They believe what they believe. Nothing anyone says will change that. They believe themselves right and others wrong. That's life. Human life. A spiritual life, well judgement stops. One sees things how they are. I see people attached to beliefs. Attached to their thoughts and opinions. There is only this current moment. It "becomes" an assertion of ideas usually. Asserting ideas gives us individuality. It creates an "ego."

It's ironic as one can say I am doing that. Asserting ideas, assenting ego. Asserting opinion and belief and thoughts. I am communicating my understanding. It's how I understand what I am. Truth is truth. If I see a dog biting another and I say, "look that dog is biting that other one" this is simply a description of a truth. One can claim it is an opinion or belief or ego but it is not. It's a description of truth. An observation of truth.

This post is what I observe to be true. Is it true? To me yes. To others maybe yes and maybe no. We can believe anything we want. To one is it truths, another ego.