Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 24-08-2021, 07:35 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
So far I find most links between them a little far-fetched
Seems like just non-sense entertainment mostly. I'm expecting someone to post the Buddhist version of Noah's Ark next. Then somebody will say, "that is not Buddhist" and they will say, "Yes it is!" because they changed Noah's name to Buddha or something or the author has a blog full of copy and pasted Buddhist quotes. The wisdom of the internet! Where anybody can claim to be an authority and expert on anything. Really if someone is so bored with Buddhism they want to re-write Christian scripture and prayers so they sound a little Buddhist and then claim they are Buddhist teachings, why not just do the whole bible? It would keep them busy and that's good.

Buddhist Genesis 1
1 In the beginning were the heavens and the earth, they had no creator and were always changing. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and Buddha was hovering over the waters...

I'm a fan of comparative religion and it is a deep scholarly pursuit, but some of this stuff is pretty silly. But they are trying to figure out a universal meaning so that is good. One day they may find it. The universal truths pointed to in all that have found them, no matter what religion they have been conditioned by.
Old 24-08-2021, 07:57 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
hmm bait, why though?
The was very insightful actually. Shows a higher awareness. A deeper understanding. Like what one studies in behavioral psychology, the study and analysis of observable behavior. I always try to figure out the why and often do. To understand others is to understand oneself.
Old 24-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Buddhist Genesis already written:- Verse 1, Chapter 1 of the Dhammapada:- "All things are led by mind, created by mind"
Old 24-08-2021, 08:38 AM
Master
Blessed are the pure of heart,

for they have looked into their heart of darkness and smiled with the wisdom of a Buddha.

Darkness of the heart in Buddhism is Ignorance, if we can use wisdom as a light the darkness is dispelled.
A man is not called wise because he talks and talks but if He is peaceful, loving and fearless then He is in truth called wise, that's a Blessing.....
Old 24-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Buddhist Genesis already written:- Verse 1, Chapter 1 of the Dhammapada:- "All things are led by mind, created by mind"

Well said Cobb we can see where the mind leads some The Buddha was wise when He said, Guard well your thoughts......
Old 24-08-2021, 08:56 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why do they need to be interchangeable?
The title and the link show how the beatitudes could be seen from a Buddhist perspective. From what I read on other similar account of the beautituted and noble perceptions in Buddhism the main practice seems to be to show that both religions have similar qualities.
I assumed that that is where you wanted to go with this.
Old 24-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
I assumed that that is where you wanted to go with this.
I personally am just observing the reactions of others on the Buddhist Vision and it's obvious..... I am not wanting it to go anywhere, it will go wherever one takes it I just take it as seen from the thoughts of the writer who practices Buddhism which I'm enjoying....
Old 24-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Eelco

Fair enough, just goes to show I should really drop assuming anything.
Just curious is what Steven goodheart describes your experience as well? I do like the sentiments he describes. They come across as thoughts of goodwill for those with the disposition he references.
The sentiments themselves though feel tainted to me, not necessarily blessed. Those who mourn for instance may have an opportunity to find what Steven discribes. My experience though is that often they are just suffering. Same goes for many of the others. They suffer and even though wishing them well and hoping they find the path. Most will not for whatever reason and certainly don't feel blessed.
Old 24-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
They suffer and even though wishing them well and hoping they find the path. Most will not for whatever reason and certainly don't feel blessed.
And ' Blessed ' are those that do find the 'Path '
Old 24-08-2021, 05:34 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
The sentiments themselves though feel tainted to me,

It's really horrible writing in parts. Just think, if "darkness of the heart" is ignorance, that blogger is literally saying babies have dark hearts if you expand out his logic as babies are ignorant of so much.