Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 27-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Newbie ;)

what counts as a post?

moreover im asking if replies count as a post
and or do i have to start a new thread to count as a post
Old 27-05-2021, 12:02 PM
Hi, Replies always count as posts, yes ...unless they're from Big John ---they never count.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-05-2021, 12:43 PM
Deactivated Account
It's questionable how useful it is to set a minimum number of postings because a member could anyway post any nonsense or just a couple of words just to make up the requisite number of postings.

New members eager to post links always get me wondering why and elsewhere I routinely check for suitability all links posted. I find that a far better way than having a minimum number of postings. It also avoids inappropriate or irrelevant material appearing.
Old 27-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's questionable how useful it is to set a minimum number of postings ...
Professional spammers rarely take the time to make the 15 or 25 posts needed..it's a small safeguard...
maybe it only works 50% of the time who knows.
It's there to protect you guys.
Overnight on one thread we had lengthy posts that took up 9 pages the other day.
And just to mention ---members commented, but never told the Mods.
We can't get to every thread 24/7 -tell us, pls, in a pm.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Newbie ;)

thank you

I do appreciate the feedback. just trying to get to know my way around. all the do's and dont's. and yes, this was an inquiry based upon posting link to my site. not be spam, but in hopes to be a productive part of the community

any site owner would be lying if they tried to say they were not interested in posting a link to their site, you will find me to be very upfront and honest.

And while im asking, is there a topic to speak about spellcasting?
Old 27-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Professional spammers rarely take the time to make the 15 or 25 posts needed..it's a small safeguard...
maybe it only works 50% of the time who knows.
It's there to protect you guys.
Overnight on one thread we had lengthy posts that took up 9 pages the other day.
And just to mention ---members commented, but never told the Mods.
We can't get to every thread 24/7 -tell us, pls, in a pm.

I was considering the situation only concerning the posting of links that were irrelevant and/or lazy..... Spamming is another issue altogether.

I don't see that only posting links constitutes a worthy contribution to a conversation in a forum and that - after all - is what forum-based websites are about. Links are fine and dandy when a subject is under discussion and references are posted to material mentioned in the conversation. I'm not impressed by anyone whose sole contribution is the posting of a bald link, no comment, no involvement in the conversation.

The long posting you mentioned above wouldn't be prevented by any of the present conditions anyway but such probably-overlong pieces can readily be removed by an administrator with a couple of admin clicks. I do agree, though, that members should let you guys know if they see obvious abuse of the forum pages. That way you can deal with them promptly.
Old 27-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShilohCyrus
I do appreciate the feedback. just trying to get to know my way around. all the do's and dont's. and yes, this was an inquiry based upon posting link to my site. not be spam, but in hopes to be a productive part of the community

any site owner would be lying if they tried to say they were not interested in posting a link to their site, you will find me to be very upfront and honest.

And while im asking, is there a topic to speak about spellcasting?

I believe there's a part of this website for the posting of links to other websites etc. I would hope where a new member does that they play fair by posting a link to this one.

Speaking solely about my own experience elsewhere I've had quite a few new members appear whose SOLE reason for joining appeared to be to post a link to their own website and then disappear without making another contribution.
Old 27-05-2021, 02:18 PM
Rem to click FAQ and then the Rules - we are a bit diff than other forums I've seen.
I'm on another forum that if you place only a link it's deleted!
You have to say 'something ' about the link you want people to spend the time opening and looking at.
You'd luv it there, bobjob.
(And if you question a Mod? Bam -you're gone. Depends if it's forever or a month, each Mod is diff.)

Old 27-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, Replies always count as posts, yes ...unless they're from Big John ---they never count.
Some of my replies count.........
the following reply counts even if I forget to say anything.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Master

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.