Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 15-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Newbie ;)

All my attantion at my anus. (Root Chakra problem) "Anxiety nightmare!!!"

Well this whole thing happened 1 year ago when I thought of balancing my chakras.
And so I started searching on how to open them, I stumbled upon wikihow and there was a very clear explanation on how to open the chakras.

I started by grounding myself for about 10 minutes, and simultaneously thinking on the role of the root chakra.Than after that I started meditating on my root chakra and chanting the mantra LAM. But... all of a sudden, while trying to visualize the opening of the red lotus, I got interrupted by my father and the whole thing was a waste of time.
Afterwards I learnt that it didn't was just a waste of time but it was counter-effective too. As from that day, I got very anxious, a felt very very uncomfortable around people, every situation was awkward, and so I developed social anxiety. And beside all of that, every where I am, every where I go, all the time my attention is at my anus, I just cant think any other thing, sometimes it feels like it isn't clean, sometimes I think that it smells, just pure paranoia. Like when people have a [erection] or like girls that are in their period, but for me this is 24/7 for almost a year now.

I don't know what to do, if anyone of you could help me get through this, please feel free to post?

edited by staff
Old 15-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Guide
Are you extending the root down your legs and out the feet. The root extends from base of spine down legs. You may have a blockage somewhere
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 15-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Newbie ;)

The back seat, Yes before I start to meditate, I "ground" myself, but what I think my problem is, is about visualizing it being opened.

Is the visualization part important? Can that cause blockage on my root chakra?
Old 16-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Knower

I've been saying this many times on the forum. Don't ever work on the traditionally known chakras (The ones usually discussed in the chakra literature that come in from the front)
You see, the chakras come in pairs and a dynamic is established between the two. Think of the dynamic as a type of battery, we store energy and when there is too much we release. The traditionally known chakras govern the discharge/release of energy. What you did with your root chakra was discharge prematurely - you gave away what little you had to stand on so to speak. Now you are feeling the symptoms of a deficient/weak chakra. Stop doing work on the chakras. Build up your energy rather than release. Build up the root by taking responsibility of your survival anxieties - for example if you are scared something is going to happen - do what needs to be done in order to ensure that you have prevented it. The importance is your assertion of your right to be alive and secure, this is what charges that chakra. Also try visualizations of being surrounded by wealth and all the material possessions you may want.

Don't worry about "Grounding" and "rooting" through the legs into the earth etc. All that is doing, is perpetually bleeding your root chakra charge. Forget about discharging/grounding into the earth. Right now you need to gather for yourself, become separate - a healthy amount of separation is necessary. The charge will benefit the chakra, your body will be less anxious and you will lose most of your anxiety related problems.
Old 16-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Deactivated Account

I had a similar problem recently when my root chakra was expanding further. You see all the traumas you've suppressed over the course of your life have space to move rather than staying stuck and closed off to your consciousness. So as the previous poster suggested, what is happening is a stage of 'releasing' going on. That is why you feel your anus is dirty or smelly, you are actually noticing the state your root chakra has always been in but never realised until you put your focus there. So you can sort of say these issues with social anxiety were always there stored in your unconscious mind until you were ready to deal with them. It seems that time would be now as otherwise you would not have been able to expand your root chakra as you did. For me what helped was continually telling myself that the fears about that part of my anatomy were not real, only in as much as they pertained to my energetic system, not my actual physical body. So reminding yourself of that will definitely help. The next thing after that is to work with the other social fears that pop up, rather than try to push them away. You need to allow the releasing process, so that new better energy can take its place. So unlike the previous poster I suggest that the releasing is good but rather that you need new healthier energy to replace it, which is what you're missing at the moment. Allow yourself to accept the social fears, say to yourself "I can't change this for now so I will work with it, I will not put myself in any situation that flares up the anxiety if I can help it".... it's not about running away from the fears but rather giving yourself mental time to deal with them. Rome wasn't built in a day, you need to go through the releasing process. The best way to 'fill up' with healthier root chakra energy is sitting outside in nature, with your butt solid on the ground (grass if you can, not concrete) and your feet firmly planted on the ground too. It's the surest way to regain your sense again, half an hour outside every day(it takes that long for the new earth energy to be stabilised in your system), and whenever else you feel anxious.

Again I dealt with this problem myself only about a month ago, and at times it still pops its head up to say hi but I remain present with the sensations and try not to push them away and accept the fears for what they are and then they disappear never to be seen again. It does get easier with more practice (I've been on the spiritual path now for a couple of years and have had to deal with intermittent flares of anxiety as I go through this process), and eventually there will be less and less anxiety and you will feel better afterwards for having gone through all that than you ever did beforehand(so it is all worth it in the end). Good luck!
Old 16-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Guide
Maybe work on your solar plexus to build up some power and courage.
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Old 16-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Pathfinder
Personally I think that doing chakra work meditations from the internet and without the guidance of a qualified meditation teacher can be very dangerous. There are so many chakras that can cause serious problems with your physical or mental health if tampered with in the wrong way. This can be as simple as adding energy into the wrong chakra or having the wrong intent or not being calm while doing it. Also a lot of sites like wikihow are content farms people just post stuff on there to get views so they can make a cut from the advertising, most of the people arent experts in the articles they post, they just pick it up from elsewhere on the net and make a post.
Developing anxiety and restlessness of thought that does not dissipate over a few hours or a day or two is in no way a good thing. If it is continuing for the entire course of a year it is an indication that something has gone very wrong. In my work as a medical qi gong practitioner I have come across cases where people have seriously screwed themselves up with incorrect usage of pranayama and kundalini meditations, one of the latter has now been in severe pain for years and is now suicidal and beyond any kind of assistance. I wish more people realized that a lot of meditations are actually dangerous if not done right. If you are interested you can pm me and I can take a look at the issue sometime and see what we can do to fix it. Based on what I can pick up of the problem right now it is not reducing nor moving towards cessation and seems to be pretty serious to me.
Old 17-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Guide
Learning to relax the mind with meditation is definitely a prerequisite to working on chakras. The mind is a wild monkey not meant to deal with the chakra energy
The child is grown
The dream is gone