Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-05-2021, 07:14 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But is it a 'New Age idea'? Maybe some people like transhumanism but surely not every New Ager is like that.

'New Age' is rather ambiguous. Not sure what it means to you (?).

To me it means a departure from traditions, the "spiritual" self-development practices that developed over centuries, millennia perhaps, some of which are difficult and require pre-development of strong discipline. They remained "occult" for obvious reasons of persecution. In the UK things began to ease up after the repeal of the Witchcraft Act in 1958. You can no longer be executed if caught with Tarot cards!

In a way I see the new age industry as those earlier practices "made easy."
Some of the fanciful stuff I read here (as in this thread) has been the subject of Science Fiction writers for a long time. It could indeed be that they hit upon (or connected with) energies/ideas/forces that are now emerging revamped as varieties of spiritual development.

To me, they represent different viewpoints around similar things. The internet however has allowed interpretation to run wild and as with matters re the physical world, the internet has become a spiritual minefield too. Twin flame matchmakers at $400 per shot? DO leave off!
Old 06-05-2021, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
No i don't think it's speculative. Many scientists are talking about it, but it's not reported in the msm : Mike Yeadon, Dolores Cahill, nobel prize Luc Montagnier,
judith mikovits, sherri tenpenny. Robert f kennedy (not a scientist).

Here's Mike Yeadon speaking out about the covid vaxx: https://rumble.com/vf8fz5-dr-mike-yeadon.html

I'm not telling anyone what to believe and I don't really know what to believe either. It's information.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
To me, they represent different viewpoints around similar things. The internet however has allowed interpretation to run wild and as with matters re the physical world, the internet has become a spiritual minefield too. Twin flame matchmakers at $400 per shot? DO leave off!
Yes. I now recall a definition I used a while ago: The New Age is not so much a specific path or set of beliefs, but an approach to spirituality ((pick-and-choose, loose attitude, less concerned with structure and historical and theological authenticity)).
Old 06-05-2021, 07:40 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But regarding the issue of consent, I suppose there is the idea that our everyday waking conscious awareness is just a small part of our overall conscious awareness. While we inhabit a limited physical form operated by a limited brain then our everyday conscious awareness is extremely limited.
It's certainly true that humans are limited by their senses but a good deal of spiritual development is the expansion of "conscious awareness" surely? It's why I believe that we must tackle our dark sides a) to explore what's hidden (to come to terms with Self); b) to try to reach our inner Mysteries (for various reasons). There are short cuts to that, a subject prohibited here, and it seems possible to reach deeply with deep trance.

You're right though. Most people are rarely consciously aware of anything that's happening in their physical bodies anyway, let alone their genetics.

Limited as our brains may be, they oversee horrendously complicated processes to keep us in homeostasis (Lol, in the face of environmental adversity!). Even the genetics spoken of here are hugely regulated. There are procedures to deal with errors such as broken DNA strands. I know too little of the subject to comment on how except that they're there. Cellular DNA can be overridden (it's what viruses do when they take over a cell). And they can be changed internally via Reverse Transciptase but that normally occurs through internal processing.

So, conscious awareness or not, changes to our DNA can only happen because our brains say so - or if they miss the trick and our immune systems fail through external forces like viruses.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:26 AM
Master
https://www.powerofpositivity.com/he...fect-your-dna/

Changing Our DNA through Mind Control?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-mind-control/
Old 06-05-2021, 01:21 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

It's worth your while reading that Scientific American paper critically. The title is slightly misleading as can happen with populist scientific journals but it has things to say.

It makes one huge assumption: mind.
What is mind?
To me veering closer to the neuroscientific it's the processing of the brain. It isn't some magic airy-fairy thing that swathes the mass in our heads.

It parallels the 19th century view of the living cell. Until Bertalanffy, biologists looked on the cell as a bag of chemicals bestowed with a mystical property called "life". His thought (as a founder of General Systems Theory) led to the realisation that it was a bag of biochemical processes about which there was nothing mystical - the basis of how it's viewed today.

Our inroads into neuroscience tell me that "mind" is looked upon similarly - the mystical property of the brain - when really it's a collection of processes. Just a superficial research should convince anyone of its intricacy.

The Scientific American article points to an interesting discovery but also limits its reach. It grants credence to my remark that DNA won't be changed without the say-so of the brain (short of physical damage or chemical or viral intervention); allowing for brain plasticity that can be influenced by concentration, trance etc., if constantly focused and practiced.

It's an interesting subject. The article is dated December 2014. In neuroscience and endocrinology, 6 1/2 years is a long time so things have probably moved on. My source books were out of date by the time they were published.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:22 PM
Lorelyen

Incidentally, a few articles from Nature (the scientific journal) on the subject of Reverse Transcriptase, the enzyme allowing RNA to act as a template to synthesise DNA, first researched in connection with how "changed" DNA led to tumours.

I'm not commenting on it because though they intermix this is a spiritual not a scientific community but if you're interested, here's one of several articles:

https://www.nature.com/scitable/topi...d-the-use-553/
Old 07-05-2021, 01:51 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

Thanks for those links smilingsun, they were very interesting reading. I've heard of this before but it's good to be reminded. But "preserved telomere length" is not really 'changing' your DNA in it's coding and more like stopping our natural DNA from deteriorating, as telomeres exist to prevent changes happening to our DNA. Adding to the length of telomeres is surprising and great to know but it sounds more like 'growing' something that is already there, rather than changing the DNA's intrinsic nature. Depends how you define 'change' I guess. But good to know.

As Paul Simon sang "mama, don't take my [chromasomes] away"
Old 07-05-2021, 06:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Here's Mike Yeadon speaking out about the covid vaxx: https://rumble.com/vf8fz5-dr-mike-yeadon.html

I'm not telling anyone what to believe and I don't really know what to believe either. It's information.
Thanks, i will take time to listen. I already read a few and heard some of Mike Yeadon interview and i think he's telling the truth. That's sad.

Former Pfizer VP: ‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.
https://groups.google.com/g/talk.pol.../c/VTgp6pK2bcM
Old 07-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks, i will take time to listen. I already read a few and heard some of Mike Yeadon interview and i think he's telling the truth. That's sad.

Former Pfizer VP: ‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.
https://groups.google.com/g/talk.pol.../c/VTgp6pK2bcM

Established practices may have increased number of deaths as well: https://time.com/5820556/ventilators-covid-19/

There will be so many more discoveries about this whole plandemic years from now. Will the general population care though or will they shrug their shoulders like they did after the ''Weapons of Mass Destruction'' debacle? I mean, folks like Blair still walk around without consequence and post articles in the MSM!

The DNA thing is hard to believe, but it's a strange world. I've had dream experiences that impacted my physical body so who knows what is possible. Although there are boundaries, there is also a grey area..