Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 05-05-2021, 05:06 PM
ImthatIm

sentient

Quote:
Maybe Reiki is “New Age” – but it has got something to it.

I think it is an old practice and New Age has adopted it.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

I have had a similar flyover experience.
Though I did not paint it. It also has no meaning to me other than it is apart of me.
and it is cool to fly, that way.
You mean a part of you – yes?
If yes – that is it.
And yes, it is cool just to float above, soaking in the scenery.

Quote:
Though the death experience is not something I wish to repeat daily, to find out more.
Really?!!!
Because I went to that 'Ravine' (later on, a couple of years later) to have a “death experience”, & that is, I trust, what the Ravine had been used for.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:58 PM
ImthatIm

sentient
Yes would be yes.

"Death Experience" is important.
In your case there was importance.
In my case or experience it is yet to be unfolded, Maybe.
It has never linked to anything other than ancestry and other ancestral stuff.
Maybe in the future it will link up.
I will not be trying to recreate the experience to find out more about it.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:27 AM
Master
There are different kinds of “death/awakening” experiences, me thinks.

The sudden ones brought on by Thunderbird Lightening and when the “rains” come a Clear New Reality dawns.

Then another kind, where through initiations & latter initiation ceremony – one goes through an “Earth Portal”, the Stone Guardians looking on …

Not that this is one, but just to illustrate:
https://render.fineartamerica.com/im...coffee mug-11

Old 06-05-2021, 08:11 PM
ImthatIm

sentient

Me thinks so too.

The experience I was referring to in my case, was of the sudden Thunderbird variety.

Seen your signature video(Shaman's quest) for the first time.HAHA funny.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Me thinks so too.

The experience I was referring to in my case, was of the sudden Thunderbird variety.

Came across this curious video, where they talk about “The Cross” (the vertical and the horizontal coming together).
Hear also the ‘heart’-like or ‘thunder’-like sound of the vertical pole (that is what I hear anyways):
One could also emphasize the 4 beats of the vertical pole at the end …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opGTh4Y8ikQ

Quote:
Seen your signature video(Shaman's quest) for the first time.HAHA funny.
Ah, “TUK” is my hero, my idol

Last edited by sentient : 06-05-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:16 PM
Master
^
That “Cross” was true enough and the Joiking, but the association with Druids – that perhaps is “European Paganism” which does include Scandinavia, but of which I do not know anything about …
And it starts to sound a bit like: “I call you a ‘shaman’ and you call me a ‘shaman’ – therefore we are ‘shamen’. And the whole thing starts to get messed up, watered down and lose its meaning.
https://greywolf.druidry.co.uk/category/the-world-drum/

Also, when a non-indig. tells an indigenous mythological story – things do get twisted around …
Quote:
https://folklorethursday.com/myths/924/
The double-bottomed lake is associated with the idea of a stratified world; the lake offered access to the world below.
True. This symbolism still lives so strongly in the collective subconscious, that if for example one sees a dream of a departed one, in the dream, he or she might be in a ’boat’ going under water …

This is a story of a girl missing her departed boyfriend.
The shaman calls him. BUT. It is the departed who send an owl (real or other-dimensional) to the living as an indication of a wish to communicate – not the other way round, like in this film.
Besides owls do not make a sound when they fly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXGO2Q1UWTQ

So. If one doesn’t live one’s culture in some way, soon it will be owned by another's imagination and turned into something else.

NAFPS does have a point, it is just the tactics I do not agree with …

P.S.
But. Once one makes contact with the departed – all the sadness vanishes. i.e. How can ‘you’ mourn someone, when you are talking to them … him or her.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:28 PM
Master
^
'Talking to the departed' was so common in olden days, nobody thought anybody was having ‘special powers’ ….

“Having special powers” is something that lives in Western imagination, as it was only seen as acknowledgement of the simple fact that physical death is no barrier for communication.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:20 AM
ImthatIm

The video called "Saiva" WOW. That grabbed me the whole way through.
Love, Love that kind of artistry.

Your Sami and Druid gathering grabbed me with the singing and the beat.
At least the pounding with the pole.I thought it odd to beat the pole with the rock though.
I did think it might make a good Sasquatch calling beat, though.LOL
But I smelt frog skin religion though, I believe.(especially when I heard the clapping of the audience)
Same with the Greywolf link. When I smell frog skin religion I back off, cause
it is tricky. I have a hard time deciphering frog skin spirits from Divine Spirits.
To much sorting out to do for me.

I don't gather when there is a flyer or entrance fees for Spiritual purposes, I might for social purposes.

I don't like judging what a person needs though, if the Sami and Druids need to gather in that fashion
that's their business.
I myself just get funny about them frog skin religion spirits, cause they're tricky sifting thru (for me).

Your folktale sight has cool pics. The story I will leave for you to feel one way or the other about
because I don't know who is telling it or if it is a hockey-pokey telling or not.
>>hockey-pokey meaning<<
>>(2.informal•US deception; trickery.)<<

It was fun, fun though!

And I don't really know anything about NAFPS.
I imagine it all depends on what Spirit they are operating from.
Oh, I watched Storm Boy. NICE.

PS: I do realize you are not endorsing any link. You are just using them as examples.
Though I hope your endorsing "Saiva" because it's special.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:26 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
^
'Talking to the departed' was so common in olden days, nobody thought anybody was having ‘special powers’ ….

“Having special powers” is something that lives in Western imagination, as it was only seen as acknowledgement of the simple fact that physical death is no barrier for communication.

Know a days we got inter-webs.LOL