Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 28-10-2020, 05:14 AM
Master
Made another donation.

Money well spent.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 28-10-2020, 08:15 PM
Master

I started donating once a month once they said the site was going offline in august and then decided to recind. They said they could use more money and it feels right to help out.
Old 29-10-2020, 10:00 PM
Experiencer
Good your still There

I really thought it was the end if the server is old it does not last forever any software problems can create havoc . I once saw a second-hand server which was owned by a tenant I visit doing my job it looked really rugged built he told and showed me it had a backup supply which would be plugged into a different power supply circuit in case normal supply was to go down he told me he used it like a normal pc. That's why cost such a lot of money
Old 06-11-2020, 11:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
I really thought it was the end if the server is old it does not last forever any software problems can create havoc . I once saw a second-hand server which was owned by a tenant I visit doing my job it looked really rugged built he told and showed me it had a backup supply which would be plugged into a different power supply circuit in case normal supply was to go down he told me he used it like a normal pc. That's why cost such a lot of money
It doesn't cost such a lot of money. You basically rent space from a company who's got thousands of others on their servers. Because they got so many it actually becomes quite affordable.
I know as I had a web shop for years and renting web space including domain name was not a big cost at all.
With so many people making donations they're probably good for another 10-20yrs.
It would also help if all the old stuff would be dumped after lets say 2 years of inactivity. Even a year would be good.
Energetically a good move: cleaning up old chit makes space for new and fresh.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
It doesn't cost such a lot of money. You basically rent space from a company who's got thousands of others on their servers. Because they got so many it actually becomes quite affordable.
I know as I had a web shop for years and renting web space including domain name was not a big cost at all.
With so many people making donations they're probably good for another 10-20yrs.
It would also help if all the old stuff would be dumped after lets say 2 years of inactivity. Even a year would be good.

Only those involved can know for sure the financial side of operating this particular website but I thoroughly agree with the suggestion about clearing out old material.

Regular housekeeping gets rid of clutter and keeps things tidy. There may be an argument for retaining any resource materials but retaining chit-chat has little value and wastes storage space.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:02 AM
ant

Good to see FairyCrystal back,showing the light and positive spin on things as always.: p
Old 22-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal

Perhaps threads that have been inactive for years could be deleted or at the very least locked, unless stickied for importance or the YourSpace section. I noticed that old threads often get bumped, sometimes decade old threads, and I don't understand why. It's always possible to just make a new thread if that old topic is so important to you.

By the way, really love your new avatar!
Old 22-11-2020, 03:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Perhaps threads that have been inactive for years could be deleted or at the very least locked, unless stickied for importance or the YourSpace section. I noticed that old threads often get bumped, sometimes decade old threads, and I don't understand why. It's always possible to just make a new thread if that old topic is so important to you.

I, too, would lock old threads but leave them visible so anyone interested could try starting a fresh conversation. I see no merit in having 'dead' threads hanging around on a forum although whether they take up significant amounts of electronic storage space I have no idea.

Even then, though, someone would have to go through section by section and manually change the status of each old thread, no small task. It could be done but quite what would be achieved by all the effort is moot.
Old 24-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Master
Perhaps an indicator of the optimal reserves needed (as assessed by admins ... maybe say 1 year future costs anticipated) versus shortfall or surplus on a dynamic basis may enable members to take a view on their donation amounts and periodicity ...
Old 24-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Made another donation.

Money well spent.