Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-05-2020, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The truth is what it is, it's neither Christian nor Buddhist. In the Sangha I occasionally go to we speak the truth and what is not true regarding Buddhism is pointed out.
You are constantly Posting things about Buddhism which is not true and is definitely
a ' Turn off '. If you have a Buddhist Wife/Daughter and Family wouldn't it be easier for them to explain Buddhism?

I have pointed out to you that what you Posted about being Two Buddha's at the same time is not true and fake/false news, I'll leave it at that....

Please give examples of when I have posted "things about Buddhism which is not true and is definitely a ' Turn off '?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-05-2020, 06:58 PM
ketzer

Quote:
One was a previous Buddha as I explained, the Disciple Kasyapa is a different person and there is no reference to his death as Kasyapa was a popular name .Wouldn't your Buddhist Family know all this info: ?

Two Buddha's never live at the same time and only appear when Dharma has been forgotten.... All Buddhist know this....
Pfff.... rules! I say let the Buddhas loose.

Why can't there be two Buddhas at the same time? Who makes these rules? Who enforces them?
What would happen if there were two Buddhas living at the same time? Would there be Buddha wars? What kind of war would Buddhas have? Would they try to out nice each other like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTBqim2Vg4
Maybe one at a time is best.

Anyway, glad to see the interfaith strife back at it again. Carry on all.

P.S. Who let the Buddhas out, who, who? Who let those crazy Buddhas out who who? Who let em now, who, who?
Old 06-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Pfff.... rules! I say let the Buddhas loose.

Why can't there be two Buddhas at the same time? Who makes these rules? Who enforces them?
What would happen if there were two Buddhas living at the same time? Would there be Buddha wars? What kind of war would Buddhas have? Would they try to out nice each other like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTBqim2Vg4
Maybe one at a time is best.

Anyway, glad to see the interfaith strife back at it again. Carry on all.

One Buddha is enough, I couldn't cope with two sets of Suttas....
Old 06-05-2020, 07:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
One Buddha is enough, I couldn't cope with two sets of Suttas....
Buddhists have Canons too!? No wonder why they are always fighting with the Christians, you both have all those Canons! What do you belly shakers need all those cannons for? If you have a Canon you are just going to want to shoot it at something. It's like having a button on your desk that you are never supposed to push. Well, I am glad you have them anyway, I hate to imagine what would become of us heretics if all those Christians canons were aimed at us at all the same time. Being Canon fodder, now that is true compassion.

That said, I don't see a problem with two Buddhas both having Canons at the same time. Its not like they could really hurt each other given they have those big Buddha bellies for protection.
You could have a Buddhapalooza and raise money for the poor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0kX...=youtu.be&t=65

Old 07-05-2020, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Buddhists have Canons too!? No wonder why they are always fighting with the Christians, you both have all those Canons! What do you belly shakers need all those cannons for? If you have a Canon you are just going to want to shoot it at something. It's like having a button on your desk that you are never supposed to push. Well, I am glad you have them anyway, I hate to imagine what would become of us heretics if all those Christians canons were aimed at us at all the same time. Being Canon fodder, now that is true compassion.

That said, I don't see a problem with two Buddhas both having Canons at the same time. Its not like they could really hurt each other given they have those big Buddha bellies for protection.
You could have a Buddhapalooza and raise money for the poor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0kX...=youtu.be&t=65

I don't think there's much hope for you Ketser but I'll say a Prayer for you.....
Old 07-05-2020, 07:03 AM
Master
Hi guys. I never heard of the other guy, but Buddhists say a of of things which no one has any way of finding out or have reason to believe.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:58 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I don't think there's much hope for you Ketser but I'll say a Prayer for you.....
You're not saying you are going to pray for God to have mercy on my soul are you? Because that is always what they pray for just before they light the match.

You're probably right, there's not much hope for ketzers. That is probably why there are so few true ketzers around, at least those we know of. When the lions come looking for dinner, the Buddhists are all over there crowded behind their canons. The Christians are over there crowded behind theirs. Everybody is grouped up and looking like tough meat except those outspoken ketzers, they can't even come to a consensus between themselves. The smart ketzers at least keep quiet and pretend to believe. Which is a shame because they live in perpetual fear of being sniffed out. Much easier and safer if one can make themselves really believe, then they smell the same as everybody else in the flock.

Anyway, when those evil lions finally bring the ketzer down and start dining, all look out from behind their canons and shudder and say, "Do you see Kids? That is what happens to poor misguided ketzers who have no canons to protect them."

And then they shake their heads as they walk away and say, "May God have mercy on their souls." Which, is said rather mindlessly, like the Our Father, almost as a formality, just something they are supposed to say without thinking about it or really meaning it, they may not even know they said it.

Secretly, most of them don't really believe mercy will be the case anyway.
Many may even hope it wont be.

Last edited by ketzer : 07-05-2020 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Poor ketzer, did it to himself..... better start believing before the same happens to you!
Old 07-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:

Two Buddha's never live at the same time and only appear when Dharma has been forgotten.... All Buddhist know this....

Are you sure about this?

Were there not Arhats who had become so during the Buddha's time and through his methods?
Old 07-05-2020, 12:54 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Are you sure about this?

Were there not Arhats who had become so during the Buddha's time and through his methods?
What did he just say! Go get em Sky!
https://youtu.be/VcgPMxbgapE?t=62

Old 07-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Are you sure about this?

Yes I am sure from what I have been taught. Theravadins believe that all Enlightened beings are Arhats, but that just one in each eon is a
Buddha.

One Buddha for each Eon, as Christians have one Pope at a time....