Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 27-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Maslows hierachy of needs actually includes a step which is generally left out in textbooks.
It is one 'above' self - actualization needs.

Transcendence is the missing 'level above the commonly known self - actualization.

Interestingly Maslow later commented that each level of need is not dependant on getting to the next level...

It is all dependant on personal values. So one could reach the stage of self - actualizatiin without having met the 'lower' needs such as physiological needs or belonging needs for example...
It is all based on where our values are
So personal values are a person's main motivating factor...

Which is what I have found when creating a lifestyle suited for me personally.
When my lifestyle is aligned with my values- and not solely goal focused... I feel my happiest.
I agree with that, but I feel it only works that way up to a point... I mean, everyone needs safety, shelter, food, clothes etc. The basic needs have to be fulfilled, regardless of your personal values.
I seriously doubt you could evolve if such basic needs aren't met and you have to worry about how on earth you are going to feed yourself and your family today, how to pay the rent so you don't get evicted. Or when you are in desperate need of medicare but cannot afford it. You do need a basic level of safety in order to be able to grow and find happiness.

I wonder if Maslow elaborated on this or whether it was stated this black & white?
Old 27-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Master
I love this thread thank you all and to Psyche for starting it. It would appear that we are all going through a similar thing. Other half said he has hit a wall financially.

I see that high level souls are more caring and nurturing and therefore the whole status driven, competitive, wants driven culture is at odds with the very fabric of who we are.

Don't get me wrong I have earned very well in my time. Yet, the needs based, self-serving fabric of society just has me hitting wall after wall. I just can't do the whole patriarchal, male based dominant driven culture anymore.

My twins struggle would indicate that we are more feminine based in our thought processes. Maybe when he gets it licked so will I!!! One can dream, right?

I saw a tarot reading on you tube the other day, the reading was brilliant - she said that the feminine's are nearly there re: abundance - it's just that there is a collective block that is limiting us. The more of us that get through this the more supportive energy there will be in the planet. I think that the masculines are going through it too. The reading that I watched was for the feminines though so she didn't allude to it specifically.

I would share it with you, but ya know forum rules as it's a commercial venture.

I send all my support to all of us, we'll get there. I am sure of it.

Oooooooh, major uber thank you, you guys have just given me an idea *does happy dance* Love
Old 27-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I have seen a few posts now about integrating the 3D and 5D, this wasn't even something that I had considered. I was looking at it more of moving past the 3D. I am wondering how to integrate them. The only thing I know to do is to trust that everything that happens is happening for a reason, and trust that needs will be provided for. Beyond trust though, how do you integrate them?

Another thing I saw someone write on here was that you should not concentrate on your lacks. I am wondering how to not concentrate on lacks, I get that you can think about what you do have...I get that part, but what I'm saying is, how do you not concentrate on lacks when you have to think about them in order to get them fixed?
I'll give an example, my roof is currently caving in, there is literally a hole in my roof which can be seen every time I walk into my daughter's room. I have to apply for loans to get it fixed... so I have to think about what I need for the loans, I have to think about the bills that they told me have to be paid before they will put my application through and how they are not caught up. I have to think about all the stuff I need for the loan application. I cannot take care of this problem without thinking about it.... plus the fact that it's there, every time I go into my daughters room. So my question is, how do you not think about stuff that you have to think about in order to fix it? And it must be fixed, or my roof will eventually cave in.
We all have to deal with such things, some more so than others. But it's about how you deal with it, how you view it. You can view it as disaster, as lack, as negative. Then you will send that into the Cosmos and attract more of it. In your situation you have already asked for a solution and it is there. Now you have to get to a place where you can receive it. That requires trust. You cannot get from fear/lack to trust in one go, too big of a step. But you can start looking at it differently.
For instance, don't call it lack or disaster or whatever. Call it contrast. THat is lighter than the first. One way or another you will have to get yourself to a higher vibration concerning this issue so you become a match to receiving it. If focusing on this problem won't work because it is too overwhelming, you will have to focus on something different entirely, something that IS great and working out. That could be anything from a lovely Christmas tree, to a canary, to your beautiful curtains, your gorgeous hair. Anything that makes you feel lighter.
If you do that, and do it consistently, you will start to feel better, and you will get into that place where you can receive the loan/solution to the roof problem.
Appreciate every little thing you can, every day, all day. Finding a parking space in a busy lot, getting a discount somewhere, finding that book you'd been looking for for ages, how delicious the meal is you are eating. Appreciate appreciate appreciate.
Get your attention of that roof. And if you see it when you walk into the room, envision it fixed. Smile, know that the Cosmos is helping you, and it will all work out. Then get out of there and focus on other things that make you feel good.
If you can do this, you may be surprised at how fast this loan suddenly comes through. But you really have to want to do this 'focus' work.
You could even do focus wheels. Check out YouTube on how to do this. They are great to get your attention of something or to get into a better place concerning something.

Good luck!

Old 27-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I agree with that, but I feel it only works that way up to a point... I mean, everyone needs safety, shelter, food, clothes etc. The basic needs have to be fulfilled, regardless of your personal values.
I seriously doubt you could evolve if such basic needs aren't met and you have to worry about how on earth you are going to feed yourself and your family today, how to pay the rent so you don't get evicted. Or when you are in desperate need of medicare but cannot afford it. You do need a basic level of safety in order to be able to grow and find happiness.

I wonder if Maslow elaborated on this or whether it was stated this black & white?

There is some more information on it (which I have as a print out).
I'm not certain how in - depth this information currently goes - alot of these articles tend to be written from a social workers perspective so only go as far as to explain it within that lenses.

For an example I once studied a case of a homeless man who was recieving the support of a social worker.
He spoke to the social worker about his goals to get some art supplies and find a home to live in. The social worker organised a flat for him to live in with furniture and bedding and also organised for him to attend an art class and got him some art supplies. He remained in his apartment for a few weeks before returning to the streets but still doing his art and attending classes.

When asked by the social worker her said that his real goal was his art and that was which he prioritised over anything else.

If one looked more deeply into this example it could be possible to find complex pshchological issues as to why he decided to leave his flat - often homeless people actually become accustomed to living on the street and actually feel safer there - but in this example it wasn't delved into as it was coming from a social workers perspective and social workers work to a different goal then to psychologists.
There are a couple of different examples - less extreme- say a person might forgo their 'belongingness' needs and pass straight into transcendence (one could be inclined to argue that it could be a form of escapeisim in this example though... depending on the personality of the person).
Old 27-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
I know for myself personally though... I have forgone a regular and steady paycheck as my values have changed.

I became very uncomfortable in my last job precisely because my values had changed and so I had to start looking to design a new life based upon my new values.

And as you were outlining earlier some values of the age of Aquarius such as unity and community... (I will add creativity and relaxation as well for myself lol) my values of living have completely transformed or rather gone back to what they have always been but what was once very heavily discouraged or not actively available to me by the world I lived in.

So for me... I actually find it very difficult to manifest anything if my values are not aligned with it. This to me speaks very Aquarian age as we shift away from the domination of the lower chakras... fight or flight... survival... material ladder.

When their are more inclusive and resource sharing communities in place the theory is that the needs of the many would be met... and so the many can then shift to the higher chakras as their base operating chakras and manifest from their heart and in alignment with their values... well that is the theory of course
And now my mind is wandering- - far far away! Haha.

I'd also add that the age of Aquarius in my feeling will also have a stronger focus on the role of creativity and spirituality in science and education- it is becoming more difficult to bridge the gaps in science without the balance of these more feminine aspects.
Old 27-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Experiencer
This really is a great conversation!! It's funny... Sometimes I have a frustration that I feel like I need to air on here, which is not normally my style but I find that there's so many other people feeling it that is helpful to many! LOL

I've only skimmed all the conversations because there's so much great points that have been made but I want to also point out that the 5D is not the end game. We will still be using currency and other forms of trade for a while. The general economic system will be different but not so much so that we can give up on making a living all together. The one thing that big business tycoons have contributed to society is creating systems in which we workand create. If we collapse all of those systems then we are once again Nomads roaming around.

The 5D versus the 3D will have very different focuses. Kind of like a third world vs first world countries. We have much to work with but we'll still have all the issues unless we ditch the attachment issues around not enough, personally and globally.

I'm going to go back and read all the juicy goodness in here. Try to remember that if we are dissecting a problem that we are allowing it to engolf us during those moments.
Old 27-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account
I notice that when it comes to money - I have tended to sway to extremes.

When I didn't have it... I was always focusing on it, striving to get more... I hoarded what I had...or alternatively I ignored it and formed values around everything else but money.

Now I have money and I am slowly finding some middle ground... I am not ignoring it anymore which is a start towards making better financial decisions lol.... but have noticed that I have tended to become less bothered by it haha...

Instead I assume that my needs will be provided for reguardless of where I am or what I am doing....
The next step from here is into goals territory- where I am learning to assume that my creative goals are worthy enough... and I am worthy of my creative goals to push forward with the assumption that the money I need for them will he provided

So nothing really is stopping me... with these bold assumptions of being provided for... and life has proved to me over and over again that it's got my back.

I think the biggest assumption I have which is a not so wonderful assumption is that the universe somehow expects my ideas to always 'work out' haha... I change my mind alot... which is often seen by society as 'flakey'... but to me it is a perfectly natural process of discovery... and the universe is neautral about this - the univsrse is always naturally experimenting anyway...it is not bothered by me changing my mind - it simply matches my own energy output into a pursuit...

So If I happen to find something along the way... which aligns with my current needs and values - then I will see the results of that... my energetic output will be matched...
So I really... we are reflections and products of an experimental universe - and we are safe to be curious, try new things and change our minds haha...

Ok... cool - I have unravelled one single thread! Lol
Old 28-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Seeker

What an absolutely beautiful thread, such wisdom flowing through all the replies.

Thanks,

Centered
Old 28-11-2017, 02:46 AM
Experiencer
The title of this post drew me in and then reading it man...so many people I identify with. Money, positive thoughts vs. negative thoughts and yeah sometimes I just feel just like your opening sentiment.
Old 28-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I notice that when it comes to money - I have tended to sway to extremes.

When I didn't have it... I was always focusing on it, striving to get more... I hoarded what I had...or alternatively I ignored it and formed values around everything else but money.

Now I have money and I am slowly finding some middle ground... I am not ignoring it anymore which is a start towards making better financial decisions lol.... but have noticed that I have tended to become less bothered by it haha...

Instead I assume that my needs will be provided for reguardless of where I am or what I am doing....
The next step from here is into goals territory- where I am learning to assume that my creative goals are worthy enough... and I am worthy of my creative goals to push forward with the assumption that the money I need for them will he provided

So nothing really is stopping me... with these bold assumptions of being provided for... and life has proved to me over and over again that it's got my back.

I think the biggest assumption I have which is a not so wonderful assumption is that the universe somehow expects my ideas to always 'work out' haha... I change my mind alot... which is often seen by society as 'flakey'... but to me it is a perfectly natural process of discovery... and the universe is neautral about this - the univsrse is always naturally experimenting anyway...it is not bothered by me changing my mind - it simply matches my own energy output into a pursuit...

So If I happen to find something along the way... which aligns with my current needs and values - then I will see the results of that... my energetic output will be matched...
So I really... we are reflections and products of an experimental universe - and we are safe to be curious, try new things and change our minds haha...

Ok... cool - I have unravelled one single thread! Lol
Interesting you mention this. I've also done a wide variety of things... teacher English, medical assistant, office worker, secretarial work, proprietor of a wicca webshop and so on.
I also started a number of studies, only to never finish them.
For a long time I thought I was just all over the place, not knowing what I wanted. I felt it was a problem that I simply couldn't 'specialize'. It took me quite some time to realize I was not supposed to specialize in any of those things as none of them are why I came to Earth this life. They are merely learning points, guiding points, to get me to my purpose. All these things gave me the wisdom and insights I needed in order to get there at some point.
So I don't see it as changing my mind. I now feel that is a slightly negative approach. It's more like being at school and having different subjects to learn. You don't change your mind when you go to a different class each hour at school. It's just part of the education to do English, French, Arts, Maths, Geography and so on. That's kind of how I see it now.
I think the thought/feeling it's 'changing your mind a lot' comes from having to justify ourselves in society, and to family and friends as well. Or even to yourself. I know I've often felt like, "S***, she's done university! Why didn't I? Now she has a management job, I could've had that too!" Or other things along the same vein.
And then there's self-criticism and judgement: I'm lazy, I cannot focus, I don't know what I want. It's my own fault, I should've done...
Comparing yourself to others is detrimental, and I'm so good at that...
If only there were Bachelor and Master's degrees for what we do, then we'd never have to justify ourselves anymore, haha.

Not sure if you can relate to any this?