Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 05-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Pathfinder
Chicken Soup for the Soul

CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL

Following in the path of the books, I would really love to read your stories of learning life lessons. Perhaps tales of real turning points in your life where you had an experience that really made you think differently about life, changed your outlook or shaped your morals and the person you've become today. Thankfully I grew up in a loving and structured environment with brilliant parents who gave me great tools, but there is only so much they can give you before you begin to learn on your own. My personal experience was thanks to my parents actually.

One of the main things I have carried with me thanks to them was to always be kind as you never know what others are dealing with. However, it was on my own that I learned to never bite the hand that feeds you. Although these may seem like simplistic things, it is only as I have gotten older and sadly lost people dearly close to me, I came to realise we are not on this earth plane forever, life really is so precious and fragile.

I look back and regret some of the times I have been hasty or snappy/argumentative with my mother when she and my father have literally done so much its unbelievable, they have gone way above and beyond and it has made me so much more grateful. Instead, I now relish in every opportunity to do the small things because that's what matters to me now. Hearing stories of other peoples fractured relationships or lack of support from their loved ones and unfortunate circumstances has over the last few years made me re-think, and also given me a bit of a reality check for which I will be forever grateful!

What do you have to say from the good times and the bad? Pass on some inspiration!

Love and peace
Old 05-09-2017, 03:48 PM
boshy b. good

thank you

our people love us. therefore [ they'd ] endure us.
the rain shall pour down up on to us with people
that love us, we know, that too shall come on. our
people's love is shy'd and bashfull maybe at out
there, but it is be there. not like romeo's love maybe
maybe as a cover us and keep us "as best can"
at the keep going'd much like a straight path'ds
going to soar in and at us alike it's ships

Last edited by boshy b. good : 05-09-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Pathfinder
Lovely excerpt !
Old 13-09-2017, 10:21 AM
boshy b. good

will that work

no heap is larger enough from - with - them we hold on w(ith) thru

my new wisdom -
Old 13-09-2017, 10:27 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthAngel
Lovely excerpt !

EARTHANGEL'S
Old 13-09-2017, 10:37 AM
boshy b. good

Had something what to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good

not like romeo's love maybe
maybe as a cover us and keep us "as best can"

at the keep going'd much like a straight path'ds
going to soar in and at us alike it's ships

"as best can"
is maybe not
a total and "as"
is work'd mode'd

soar and alike it's ships is
rewritten as straight by
making correct as a it's
all correct od-on sufficient'ed
what we wherabout the
way the straight paths
raised us to do off
and through, without
sufferage and skims
of feel goods just cause
we are be hanging around
and that as unknowingly
tough, just cause we
are be built by what
exact-o and ready
for cheering it
stuff that is

Last edited by boshy b. good : 13-09-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 15-05-2020, 05:56 PM
Knower
An open mind fosters an open heart.

There's a long story to this lesson, but summarized, when I believed my truth was an inerrant revelation from "God" that could not be challenged, it closed my heart and mind to the rest of the world and blinded me to the suffering I caused by my arrogance and loose lips. When everything I believed was tested and my faith crumbled, I was reborn with a more understanding, open, and compassionate heart. Once my mind was open to the fact I could be very very wrong, and once I had been wrong, my heart was opened to the voices around me.
Old 23-10-2020, 09:44 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

A major turning point for me happened in my early 30s (I'm 71 now.)

Up until then I had a melancholic/fatalistic disposition, i.e. this is how it is, nothing can be done etc. At the time I was studying psychology (for my degree) and chose a psychotherapy module. There I encountered concepts that were alien to my thinking, e.g. freewill, choice. People were choosing to change their reactions to life situations and feeling the benefit of doing this! At the time I recall thinking they were just duping themselves.

However, I was in a bad way - clinically depressed e.g. finding it hard to put one foot in front of the other i.e. to walk! So I had nothing to lose. I took a leap of faith, opened my mind to the possibility of using freewill/choice being real and tried it out.

Long story short - it worked i.e. is very real and empowering! I embraced this new way out of the depressive pit, finding it to be a vital/invaluable tool. It developed into acquiring a positive mindset....now hardwired into me some 4 decades on!

I made the transforming experience into a short story (about 3 paragraphs) which was accepted onto a depressives website to help others.
Old 25-10-2020, 04:57 PM
Master
I fell of a roof and got seriously injured.

Later, 4 nice young gentlemen pulled out their 'real' machetes and demanded everything I had.

Today, I have overcome most of my health issues. For me, I was one of the 'fortunate ones'. I learned a lot on the way and expect to learn a whole lot more.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜