Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-05-2021, 04:19 AM
Guide
Libyan desert glass

So I’ve meditated with it twice so far and today was one of the most intense meditations I’ve ever had. It was like watching a movie of all of my painful experiences in life and getting validations for how I felt at that particular time. Anyone else experienced this before?
Old 11-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Knower

Just wondering, what's the difference between Libyan/Desert Glass and glass from a beach, lake, or any other body of sand? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2021, 10:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentenz
Just wondering, what's the difference between Libyan/Desert Glass and glass from a beach, lake, or any other body of sand? Thanks!
It is a tektite, so yes, totally different!

Libyan Desert Glass is an impactite Tektite. She was created when a Meteorite struck Libya ages ago, causing the space rock to fuse with earthly sand. The crash sent this newly formed mineral flying into the air. Libyan Desert Glass was ejected across the East Sahara and West Egypt

Found only in the Western Desert of Egypt and Libya, desert glass is known as the somewhat gentler sister stone to moldavite. Even though its energies are less intense than moldavite, it's still a powerful solar plexus stone that helps you to connect with who you authentically are, and then radiate it fearlessly!

Its other name is more common to me, and feels better: Libyan gold tektite.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentenz

I'm not sure there is much structural difference. Pretty much melted then solidified sand, I suppose. Just the desert stuff was formed by a meteor impact and the stuff on the beach is old broken bottles.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not sure there is much structural difference. Pretty much melted then solidified sand, I suppose. Just the desert stuff was formed by a meteor impact and the stuff on the beach is old broken bottles.

One big difference is Libyan Desert Glass has virtually no water in it whereas glass does. Moldavite and Libyan Desert Glass are Glass, but both will scratch Glass.

When we get a full understanding of Tektites, we might have solved some of the mysteries of the Universe.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 12-05-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 17-05-2021, 11:17 AM
Knower

Thanks for enlightening me, everyone.