Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Experiencer
How to handle it ?

I m wondering as a human ,after realizing what is real reality ,what is the way of buddhism,shall I still work hard to earn money? Shall i still get married and live with a man/or woman?

The teacher told me there were two ways. If i chose the first one,i would not be allowed to eat meat or get married. and not allowed to work some jobs.
If i chose the second, i need to go back to the world ,still do whatever i used to do, i still need to work hard and get married,raise children.

I understand the first way but dont understand the second.
How to handle a money seeker job after 'enlightenment'?
How to handle a husband or wife?(I feel i need to become a monk to be a true buddhist. marriage seems shallow to me now).

why would we still go back to do the same job same life,or what we need to do as before?
Old 19-04-2021, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
I m wondering as a human ,after realizing what is real reality ,what is the way of buddhism,shall I still work hard to earn money? Shall i still get married and live with a man/or woman

why would we still go back to do the same job same life,or what we need to do as before?

Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment chop wood carry water....
Old 19-04-2021, 02:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water, after Enlightenment chop wood carry water....
but not the same mind and heart,i think?
Old 19-04-2021, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
but not the same mind and heart,i think?

Seeing things in a new light, maybe
Old 29-04-2021, 02:56 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

what about after marriage and having children? before marriage and children, chop wood carry water, after marriage and children, chop more wood, carry more water.

life decisions like to marry, to have children, what kind of job to take if any, will make a huge difference in our lives. but then i don't really believe we have a choice though it seems like we do. i think all of those "decisions" were planned before we were born.
Old 29-04-2021, 03:08 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
I feel i need to become a monk to be a true buddhist. marriage seems shallow to me now.

it's just a different life style. both can be deep or shallow. the thing with a monks life is one can usually focus on meditation and contemplation more. a secular life, well sometimes ones work can take up so much of our time. i had a job where i was working 65 hours a week. but even there, i could practice mindfulness sometimes. but it seemed like i was always at work dealing with work issues.

now a stressful life can make spiritual practices very difficult. like money struggles, relationship struggles, so that's probably where there's a difference. not much to stress about as a monk, but then if one is drawn to relationships or having children or freedom to do what one wants when one wants where one wants, a monks life would not be good.

i actually felt more free as a monk than i did when i had that 65 hour a week job. but i was only a monk for two years, then karma took me in a totally different direction. so even if we plan one life, karma can make us end up with a very different one
Old 29-04-2021, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky

i actually felt more free as a monk than i did when i had that 65 hour a week job

Freedom comes from within.... It is a state of mind...
Old 01-05-2021, 05:28 AM
Master

Quote:
after realizing what is real reality..

After realizing what is real reality, you can go forth in the direction of your true heart and be at peace. Whether that is in a monastery or as a husband/wife with credit card bills to pay, it is all Dharma. The blessing is in the realization and not the surroundings.