Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 28-08-2022, 09:58 PM
Master

[quote=Miss Hepburn
Sagitarrians have very good senses of humor...laugh easily.
Taurus men are all a like, lol!!! ---sensitive, delicate hands, poetic, thoughtful.. love the ladies.
[/QUOTE]

So funny about the Virgo thing, never live with them

As a virgo, I can say that I more then likely prefer to live alone haha. In tarot, the sign is represented by the hermit.

As to Taurean men, the two I dated were sensitive to the point of abuse. Passive aggressive, aggressive aggressive, would stonewall me as punishment, Hitler was a Taurus hmmmm....

Sagi, my good friend, funny guy

I love Aquarians, funny, entertaining, outta this world.

It's all so dependant on a person's overall chart though, I think, compatibility appears to be not as straightforward as I would have thought many years ago when looking at my chart.

I often wondered why I loved so many air and fire signs as opposed to earth signs :-)
Old 29-08-2022, 12:00 AM
Master

I mainly learned in a similar fashion to Miss H, through the study of my own chart and other people who came into my life for various reasons.

DISCLAIMER: My Taurean ex's were sensitive and romantic to begin with, I just want to mention, on balance that no sign is completely tyrannical - every sign has it's shadow and light aspects I just happened to witness the very possessive and controlling aspect of Taurus.

I worked for an artist who loved astrology and she taught me a lot too. She was somewhat psychic and when she felt a sense of someone, she would look at what their charts were doing and correlate her senses with what she saw on the charts. She was a really interesting woman who also inspired me to learn and observe more.
Old 29-08-2022, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers

I love Aquarians, funny, entertaining, outta this world.

A friend of mine has North Node in Aquarius, her North Node includes trying different things in life and maintaining friendships that cherish her. So interesting!

I really think the importance of North Node, alongside understanding things like Jupiter placement or Chiron should not be overlooked in astrology - the North Node needs more hyping up, in my personal view

I love my North Node, regarding not refusing the self simple pleasures in life, away from the 11th South Node
Old 29-08-2022, 11:16 AM
Master
I’ve looked at general signs and can often sense intuitively people’s sign and general nature.

I haven’t don’t any courses etc.
I’m a feb born Pisces (ox) and my partner a feb born Aquarius. (Rat)

According to our essence ( related to the philosopher gurdjeiff) we are both Venus essence.

My son is a Taurus (ox)- I’ve had huge lessons with Taurus males. Probably four in total and profound to my healing. My first husband was Aquarian also.

My partner’s sister was an astrology teacher ( very loved and respected) but passed over age 50
Old 29-08-2022, 11:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
I really think the importance of North Node, alongside understanding things like Jupiter placement or Chiron should not be overlooked in astrology - the North Node needs more hyping up, in my personal view
I agree that those are important, but I don't think they fit into astrology for beginners right away, which is what this topic is about.

It's easier to first get a basic understanding of the Sun, Rising, and Moon signs and eventually expand with Venus.
But I don't think it'd be easy to connect all the dots until you have a good solid understanding of your Sun to begin with. Then interaction of that with Rising, with Moon so you have a good foundation and understanding of your own (astrological) 'you'.

I remember when I first came across North Node, Chiron etc. I couldn't relate to it as I still lacked the foundation.
Apart from that I think it also depends on general development of Self whether you are ready to understand the meaning of the N & S Nodes.
In teaching/coaching personal development & growth I wouldn't start with the life/Soul purpose either. First create a foundation.
But that's my view.
Old 29-08-2022, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
As to Taurean men, the two I dated were sensitive to the point of abuse. Passive aggressive, aggressive aggressive, would stonewall me as punishment,
Hitler was a Taurus hmmmm....
It's all so dependent on a person's overall chart though,
Oh my gosh. Now see, to me, that is a perfect example of them having 5 planets in some other thing ....gee whiz,
reminds me of Scorpio (tendencies)...they really do have a sting.
(I know since my Mars is in Scorpio...I have it in control, tho... now.)

Hey, speaking of 5 planets...Man, ever know people with 4-5 planets in Pisces*??
The nicest people, most forgiving - peacemakers...and you know what else?
They all, male and female, could have been NPR radio personalities because their voices were so, I dunno - sexy, deeper, melodious.
(Added: the females, are a bit ditsy, I found - fun.)

*Astrologers here ---ever notice this? Think about it...I'll bet you will remember people and put that together!
About their voices...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-08-2022, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
could have been NPR radio personalities because their voices were so, I dunno - sexy, deeper, melodious.
(Added: the females, are a bit ditsy, I found - fun.)

*Astrologers here ---ever notice this? Think about it...I'll bet you will remember people and put that together!
About their voices...
My ex... first time I heard his voice I melted... it was like coming home, something within calmed down that I didn't even realise wasn't calm. In other words, I energetically anchored deeper inside my body. Just because of his voice. I could never get enough of it! His accent, deep timbre, everything!
He didn't have many planets in the same sign though. Cannot recall coming across Pisces in his chart, but then I cannot recall his entire chart.

And he felt the same about my voice, he loved it, my accent, inflexion etc. Often he didn't even really hear what I was saying, he was just listening and loving the sound of my voice, hihi.
I have my moon, Saturn, Chiron, Lilith in Pisces. Dunno if those count as planets though, or if any astrological aspect would count.
Old 29-08-2022, 07:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosendust
I'm wondering how to get started in astrology, what are any tips you'd wished you'd knew yourself when you practiced/started your practice?
The easiest way to begin is through studying your own chart. There are various online sites which will calculate this and maybe provide a limited free interpretation and explanation - try Astrodienst.

Look at the planets in each sign, paying particular attention to the Sun, Moon and the Ascendant. Each planet and each sign expresses particular qualities. Again, plenty of online sites explaining what it means to have a certain planet in a certain sign.

And also look at the twelve houses, the twelve areas of life. So, for example, Saturn in Capricorn in the 4th house has different implications to Saturn in Capricorn in the 12th house.

And look at the aspects between the planets, the number of degrees separating them. Some aspects are harmonious (e.g. a trine of 120 degrees) other aspects can be difficult (e.g. a square of 90 degrees). Your calculated chart should display the various aspects between the planets, Ascendant, Midheaven, etc. And again, plenty of online information about the meaning of these aspects.

Astrodienst will also give you details of planetary transits - the current positions of the planets in relation to the planetary positions in your natal chart. The inner planets move fairly quickly and their influence may only last a few days. The outer planets move more slowly and their effects may last a year or more.

This is probably enough to get started. The good thing about examining your own chart is that you should know yourself well enough to see how accurate the information is.

Peace
Old 02-09-2022, 04:29 AM
Master
The rising sign is the sign that all your other signs are "filtered" thru for a lack of a better word. It...influences all your other placements. So this is why when folks say "oh I'm nothing like a gemini" it's likely bc of their rising sign. Which will influence all your other signs.

personally some people think the moon sign is more relevant but when looking at a natal chart you should check the other planets, the houses, the aspects, and so much more. I think a person's rising sign is also important because it how everyone sees you.

Essentially the Sun sign is your essence--your core personality, Moon is your inner world--how you are alone, at home, or w/ your family/childhood, Rising is what you present to the outside world--your mannerisms, what you like to be perceived as, and how you choose to present on first sight, and ultimately its how people see you from the outside looking in.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:59 AM
Master
the "big 3" (sun, moon and rising) are together the most important but every aspect, house and placement plays a role.