Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-07-2022, 09:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Thanks for the clarification though I think reason is used to justify experience.
Reason is used to make sense of it, that's what the mind does and the mind abhors the 'vacuum' of not knowing. Often this is where karma comes from, it's the mind trying to find rhyme and reason for what might otherwise be a random event.

Everybody has reasons for what they do and they drive intentions which then become experiences, very simply. There could be any number of reasons you do anything but the only experience is the one you experience, the rest are possibilities/what-ifs.

Experiences are not physical, they are unconscious responses to the physical. If someone punches you on the nose the brain gets flooded with adrenaline and you either punch them back or you run, if you are very Spiritual you'll forgive them. Those are all different responses to and therefore different experiences of the same event.
Old 25-07-2022, 11:43 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Those are all different responses to and therefore different experiences of the same event.
Yes…..so if one has second thoughts about what you call an event, he/she can have additional experiences? Essentially you seem to be indicating that one event has the potential of producing multiple experiences within one person ? And does the most recent experience negate one’s previous experiences ? Or do they still count as your experience of that event ?
Old 25-07-2022, 12:35 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Yes…..so if one has second thoughts about what you call an event, he/she can have additional experiences? Essentially you seem to be indicating that one event has the potential of producing multiple experiences within one person ? And does the most recent experience negate one’s previous experiences ? Or do they still count as your experience of that event ?
There's an old adage about a man who, while walking in the dark, sees a piece of rope, thinks it's a snake and gets scared of being bitten. So at that time he's creating an emotional response - fear on this case - to what he perceives as a snake. What he's actually seeing is what little human squinty eyes can see, his survival instincts kick in along with all kinds of unconscious stuff. Because he's been brought up in a country where dangerous snakes are rife, the possibility of it being a snake is higher than it would be if he lived in the middle of a big city. That comes into the equation too, because there are a number of different factors involved in turning that physical lack into a snake.

Someone gets a flashlight on the snake and it becomes a rope.

The event itself remains the same but what changes is our perceptions of the event, and it's those perceptions that stay with us. What we experienced at the time is our perceptions of what happened at the time and that becomes our reality. Shining a flashlight on the snake is a different event and that becomes our reality too. Our realities are 'updated' and hopefully we learn from the experience, and the experience becomes the memories of our perceptions.

However, those memories can become just as real as if we're experiencing them again, in the present. So to answer your questions -

"And does the most recent experience negate one’s previous experiences ?"
We can forget the events experiences and the experiences but their effects can remain, often the effects of our childhood experiences remain long after we've grown up, as psyschology will tell you.

"Or do they still count as your experience of that event ?"
When you're reliving your past? Coming to a realisation is a different 'event'.
Old 26-07-2022, 02:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
You don’t require justifying an experience that just is. You can be in an experience completely aware without interference and still it’s happening.
Of course, not only your experience. I like to use teachers and their experience. There are other experiencers as well. Many don't reach that level and many seek spiritual experience but say they can't which to me isn't spiritual but physical. People tell themselves they can't and that is physical not spiritual. I think we can tell ourselves we can't and that manifests in that experience. I think interference are not spiritual but by us many times by the body. We use to call these barriers. Interference can be anything. As I am not without interference I simply know them. I acknowledge them because I have seen and experienced them. I have seen many instances of the physical overriding the spiritual where many justify the physical if it is to be done again.
Old 26-07-2022, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
. Interference can be anything. As I am not without interference I simply know them. I acknowledge them because I have seen and experienced them. I have seen many instances of the physical overriding the spiritual where many justify the physical if it is to be done again.

Within the uniqueness of all experience and each person experiencing there is a tendency that we find what we need, rather than what we want. So experiences can be spontaneous and ‘not known’ and often it’s through these, you gain deeper awareness of you as the unknown in you. If you totally discount experience as the teacher you can sit believing where you are, is all that there is within the whole dynamic and interplay of life both outside is and inside us.

Experience opens and expands our self awareness our life experience ongoing. It’s through these our reality and experience changes, but life is the experience, so you can’t entirely negate it, or life,as life is

All interference or barriers are part of the interplay ongoing to build a creation and view without them.