Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 19-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Experiencer
Stone for quitting smoking???

Hi everyone, I have been trying to quit smoking for about 3 years now, I was successful for 2 years but this last year has been tough for me, does anyone have any recommendations on a stone that might help me along??? thank you :)
Old 19-08-2016, 12:43 AM
Master

Im quite creative when using crystals, one thing I would probably try to do if I found myself in your shoes would be program a clean quartz crystal to wear and ask it to absorb and neutralise the energy (thoughtform) of any cigarette cravings I get.

I'd also ask it to work on absorbing any old thoughtforms or thoughtform entities I carry around wanting to smoke which are still there too.

(energetic clean the crystal regularly).

I'd also look at what else causes the cravings to smoke in you .. if it is stress and anxiety situations, get a crystal type to wear which is calming. Get yourself a smooth crystal you can rub in you hand in such situations (instead of having a smoke in your hand)
Old 19-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Guide
Programming a quartz is definitely a good start! Iron pyrite can help break addictions and bad health habits, and lepidolite can help with the anxieties. Ooh, chrysocolla also helps to calm and break bad habits! Remember to set the intention of your crystals after you cleanse them...easiest to just hold them one at a time in your hand and focus on what you want it to do for you.

sea-dove is right, I've always thought that crystals helping with addiction or doing strong work for your energies need to be cleansed regularly, and definitely with every full moon, helps them to become more powerful for your intentions while preventing them from giving their all.

Good luck with this though, and it helps to tell yourself with every craving that you don't want it, distract yourself with activities (doing quiet work lets your mind still yell at you), and tell yourself all the nastiness that goes along with smoking, and that you are going to be a better you at the end of this!!
Old 19-08-2016, 04:37 AM
Guide
I wanted to share something I just learned, red jasper is a great stone for self-control, willpower, and discipline.
Old 19-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Pathfinder

Staurolite cross and Astrophyllite for breaking addictions. And Uakite Jasper. Please give some feedback to this suggestions if you happen to do the experiment.
Old 19-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I wanted to share something I just learned, red jasper is a great stone for self-control, willpower, and discipline.

Blue Aventurine also is said to enhance the self discipline.
Old 20-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Knower

I'd second staurolite. I own one and they are a neat little crystal.

Also, I read recently about getting your vibrations right before quitting, and I believe this to be true. I have an addictive personality so I have to cut down on coffee every once in a while when my intake gets too high... From experiencing quitting many times, along with nicotine, I can tell you it will happen when it happens if you really want it. Quitting after taking something for years is a marathon, you just gotta have persistence, and be prepared to feel like dirt for a while. Don't listen to any of your negative thoughts while your quitting, they are a byproduct of your wacked out physical state. As strange as it sounds, sometimes something like smoking came into your life for a reason, to help with stress or depression etc., it was what you needed at the time, and when it overstays its welcome it will certainly leave when it needs to leave if you really want it to. Remember to pamper/treat yourself during and after quitting. Take a hot bath (epsom salts), buy yourself a present etc.... good luck.

Last edited by kybe333 : 20-08-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 20-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Master
Smokey quartz is the stone to help with quitting smoking. And I believe snowflake obsidian can help too. What I do know, is that regardless you need to want to quit.
I once had later treatment to stop craving. Worked a treat. No craving whatsoever. But .. I didn't really want to quit, so I kept smoking nonetheless. Meaning I wasted some E250 on the laser treatment.
Old 20-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Seeker

When I was a few years younger and going through a terrible, awful addiction... a healer gave me amethyst. I did research and see that it had metaphysical properties for being sober. I consider smoking an addiction so perhaps amethyst can help you.
Old 20-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Experiencer
Wow these are all wonderful responses, I am trying to set mind to quitting but its been hard because of my anxieties, the crystals i have on me now that some have you have mentioned, is clear quarts, pyrite and amethyst, I will have to try these for now until I can get to the New Age store to try some of the other suggested stones, I have never tried my clear quarts, I will try to program it and see how it works for me, does anyone have any suggestions on how the program my clear quarts, I have never done this before, I sage them and pray over them but never tried to program one, I must quit this time, its very important i do, due to some medical issues, If anyone would like to say a little prayer to help me on this journey, I would be very grateful, thank you all for your great responses, I will keep u updated on how the stones worked for me :) thank you again for all the support :)

Last edited by faithy : 20-08-2016 at 11:35 PM.