Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Master
Wim Hof breathing and cold technique ?

I heard interviews of Wim, he's quite a lovely and enthusiastic guy.
He has many world records of being able to resist cold climate, he did some scientific experiment where he was inoculated a bacteria and he went not sick.
He have gained some ability to control his immune system with his breathing and cold technique.

He said he can also go into deep altered state of consciousness, to his ancestral, genetic memory.

Do some of you practise his techniques ? And can this have some spiritual benefit ? It's technique has a benefit on the well being of the body and the emotion at least.
Old 23-09-2021, 04:11 AM
No, but have read all about this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2021, 05:06 AM
Deactivated Account
going in cold water shocks the nervous system. i do it as often as i can. it may be the best practice that i do. although its not really comparable to meditation because meditation can go for far longer periods of time. while a shock comes and goes quick.

breathing exercises have been used since time immemorial because they open up the chakra systems and passages. i do pranayama when i run as a synergistic effect. i haven't been doing them because i hurt my knee, tendons, and i dont know what else some months back doing sprints in the sand. its just finally feeling healed enough to run again i think. lol. hopefully tomorrow i can get back to it. will have to adjust my run if i do because im now OUT OF SHAPE. LOL

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-09-2021, 07:04 AM
Ascender
I don't practice his technique specifically but I do pranayama (although I did try his for a period of time).
He just re-labelled existing things to make it his own.

Yes, his technique brings benefits, no doubt. Spiritually and emotionally.

I would say that the breathing is an "emergency practice".
It pumps a lot of energy, when done correctly it really generates DMT on demand (sort of), but at a certain cost.

What I don't like is that it "forces" things to happen.
To quote one of his videos comments: "This is eastern wisdom brought or applied to a caveman".

The guy is clearly mad. Or exceptional. Out of the ordinary. His life is crazy!
I mean, we can't blame him because he made a breathing technique popular, and sort of created a shock, shouting "hey, this is not fake!". And he got reactions.

But I think that, in essence, he is utterly wrong. Because he uses techniques that should go with a philosophy, a state of mind, a ground let's say.
But again, we can't blame him, because he brought a lot of attention and he is inspiration to take from.

And cold showers are great!
Old 23-09-2021, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account
i would argue ideology is not a requirement to bliss and silence. nor is a certain personality. the idea of such is mind made.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 24-09-2021, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume

I would say that the breathing is an "emergency practice".
It pumps a lot of energy, when done correctly it really generates DMT on demand (sort of), but at a certain cost.

What is the cost of that ? Do you think this can have adverse effects ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume

But I think that, in essence, he is utterly wrong. Because he uses techniques that should go with a philosophy, a state of mind, a ground let's say.

I don't know. I think, listening to his story that cold and breathing is what saved his life when he was very depressed after his wife died. He found something which worked for him and wants to share it with the world.
Old 24-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
going in cold water shocks the nervous system. i do it as often as i can. it may be the best practice that i do.

True, even a cold shower is a shock for the nervous system and if done correctly and not in excess you feel great after.
Old 24-09-2021, 08:22 AM
Master
Thank everybody for your feedback. I find the breath something fascinating. It can open many doors inside you.

A book i read recently and i really like is Just Breathe by Dan Brulé.
Old 24-09-2021, 09:02 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
What is the cost of that ? Do you think this can have adverse effects ?
Do it a few times in a row (holding you breath as long as you can), you will see that after 3 or 4 times, you can feel pains.
Once I used it a lot, and the next day I couldn't pump any more energy with that technique (without damaging anything in me).
Old 24-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Master
If memory serves he's been doing this since the 90s. That's when he came into the news, still a much younger man then.
His brother, a little younger, has developed a similar technique and teaches this for the most part abroad in Bali, Australia, NZ etc.
He's got an over the top muscular body, so much that it's just creepy. He also uses the cold ice water.

Whether it's truly healthy is another thing, at least I think so.
When you look at either they don't look beautiful and young, and aging is a result of stress, whether that is physical, toxic input, mental.

I remember dating coach Matthew Hussey did a course or workshop with Wim in Eastern Europe and loved it.