Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 13-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Adam23

Anxiety during meditation, third eye

Hello all. I have a certain problem that I hope some of you will be able to help me with - I have a fear of accidentally opening my third eye chakra. But let me start from the beginning.

I am an OCD sufferer, I’m still on a therapy and working towards being cured. Among many of my obsessions, I was suffering from scrupulosity and fear of demonic possession, selling my soul to the devil and the like – even though I was on a verge of atheism. My beliefs were fluctuating among the years, I went from being Christian to almost atheist (more like agnostic though, I think), now I would call myself a theist, but I don’t follow any particular religion. The problem is, the closer I am to any kind of spirituality, the harder it is to fight the anxiety that comes from my old obsessions. I can deal with them well when not believing in the paranormal, which is already a big success, but have a hard time dealing with them now. Actually things were going smooth until recently.

For some time I was practicing simple meditations, self-hypnosis, mindfulness. Not long ago I came upon mudras, I got interested, read about it and chose one to practice for myself – Apan Vayu mudra. That is because due to stress and anxiety I have benign heart palpitations (I was checked several times by doctors, I have a healthy heart), which are disturbing to say the least. So, I put the mudra to use and I have to say the results are great – the palpitations are not completely gone yet, but there’s definitely an improvement.

Problem is, I was once told by someone how to open/work on chakras. I remember practicing some of the lower ones for some time, but that was it. However, because I remember how to do it I now have intrusive thoughts concerning it – mainly that I will activate my third eye chakra, which I obviously do not want to activate due to my obsessions regarding fear of demons, evil ghosts etc. It’s not only the thought that I may activate it – during meditation, I actually can’t stop thinking about it. I have thoughts about a light opening on my forehead, or an opening flower etc. Yesterday during meditation I had this weird sensation, like something was pushing on my forehead – I got scared and had to stop meditating. It’s also starting to bother me outside meditations which is not helping either.

Now, what I learned on therapy, the best way to deal with the obsessions is to confront the anxiety head on – the thoughts you fear about having – think about them more. And I do this for every other thing. But this, where my knowledge is minimal – I don’t know. I don’t know if thinking about it more will help, because if it will open the chakra I will have even more things to dread.

Therefore my questions are – should I confront this fear and actually think about this until the thought goes away, will it actually open the chakra, or other thing I could do to solve this problem? I only want to have my regular meditations back, chakras, astral projections and the like I don’t plan to practice in the nearest time – I’m emotionally too unstable for such things.

Also excuse the length of this post, I thought this required some explanation.
Old 13-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Knower

Are you seeing a therapist or other professional? This sounds like something that a professional should handle, because it's been an ongoing issue. I wish I had some more specific advice.
Old 13-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Adam23

Yes, I do. I'm not sure if psychologist is the right person for this issue. I mean, obviously my disorder has a huge say in this, but I'm not sure if it isn't more of a spiritual problem.

I may be completely wrong though. That's why I wrote here - I'm not sure what I should do.
Old 13-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Guide
Sounds like you have a fairly active third eye since you have a high sense of demons and fear (associated with third eye). When you don't have these imaginations of fear and demons, your third eye is closed. Some people naturally have active third eyes, but not all know how to remove that negative energy that is causing the fear.

Sounds like you may benefit from the same thing that benefited me when I opened my third eye. When I first opened my eye, I had dreams where demons and spirits visited me and I was constantly fearful at night like I was being stocked by something. So I bought some sage and Epsom salts. I did some ritual in my house with the sage and salts, and prayed to God/higher source for protection. Let's just say the feeling after that prayer was amazing and after that my fear was gone. The fear comes back once and a while but the rituals get rid of that negative energy. Crystals are a great tools aswell.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 13-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Adam23

Hmm... I don't entirely agree with your post. I don't have a sense of demons, visions, or anything. I have intrusive thoughts, doubts and anxiety concerning it - but so do I have with other non-spiritual things, which is usual OCD stuff. The reason the OCD attached to that topic is because I was going through different phases of believing and non-believing, I also read a lot about the occult. Thus I think doing what you suggested might be compulsion in my case, unless I was sure I had this chakra opened.

However, I will take your advice into consideration, thanks.
Old 13-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Guide
Nothing to do with the occult. Many religions believe in the third eye aswell. And prayer and different techniques of replacing negative with positive are seen in all religions including Christianity. I guess I miss understood your situation.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 13-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Adam23

Yeah, I meant the occult as in it being a trigger for my fear which then got fueled by OCD. I shall try the prayer anyway though, haven't done that in a while.

Really what I would like to get from this topic is to know what to do when these thoughts about opening third eye chakra (and anxiety related to it) appear during meditation. The harder you try to not think about something the worse it gets. But then wouldn't just letting these thoughts be open the chakra? I just don't know if that's another obsession of mine, or are my fears rightly placed. And I don't have the ability to just simply stop thinking about something and focus on something else, unfortunately.
Old 13-04-2015, 11:22 PM
madera23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam23
Hmm... I don't entirely agree with your post. I don't have a sense of demons, visions, or anything. I have intrusive thoughts, doubts and anxiety concerning it - but so do I have with other non-spiritual things, which is usual OCD stuff. The reason the OCD attached to that topic is because I was going through different phases of believing and non-believing, I also read a lot about the occult. Thus I think doing what you suggested might be compulsion in my case, unless I was sure I had this chakra opened.

However, I will take your advice into consideration, thanks.

it is demons that cause intrusive thoughts, doubts, stress, anxiety and fear that can ruin your life. Demons get control of thoughts. Never fear of opening your eyes under normal circumstances, There is cause for your fear of opening them for you might see the thing you fear.,
I would like to recommend a 7 minuet meditation that soldiers are getting help from ocd, fears, stress and anxiety.
All those are symptoms of demonic control.
Go to antidote for all.com. It is free, absolutely free.
Give it a try and let us now how it has helped you too.
Best of luck to you.

PS It is a Christian meditation from the bible.

Last edited by madera23 : 14-04-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 14-04-2015, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam23
Hello all. I have a certain problem that I hope some of you will be able to help me with - I have a fear of accidentally opening my third eye chakra. But let me start from the beginning.

I am an OCD sufferer, I’m still on a therapy and working towards being cured. Among many of my obsessions, I was suffering from scrupulosity and fear of demonic possession, selling my soul to the devil and the like – even though I was on a verge of atheism. My beliefs were fluctuating among the years, I went from being Christian to almost atheist (more like agnostic though, I think), now I would call myself a theist, but I don’t follow any particular religion. The problem is, the closer I am to any kind of spirituality, the harder it is to fight the anxiety that comes from my old obsessions. I can deal with them well when not believing in the paranormal, which is already a big success, but have a hard time dealing with them now. Actually things were going smooth until recently.

For some time I was practicing simple meditations, self-hypnosis, mindfulness. Not long ago I came upon mudras, I got interested, read about it and chose one to practice for myself – Apan Vayu mudra. That is because due to stress and anxiety I have benign heart palpitations (I was checked several times by doctors, I have a healthy heart), which are disturbing to say the least. So, I put the mudra to use and I have to say the results are great – the palpitations are not completely gone yet, but there’s definitely an improvement.

Problem is, I was once told by someone how to open/work on chakras. I remember practicing some of the lower ones for some time, but that was it. However, because I remember how to do it I now have intrusive thoughts concerning it – mainly that I will activate my third eye chakra, which I obviously do not want to activate due to my obsessions regarding fear of demons, evil ghosts etc. It’s not only the thought that I may activate it – during meditation, I actually can’t stop thinking about it. I have thoughts about a light opening on my forehead, or an opening flower etc. Yesterday during meditation I had this weird sensation, like something was pushing on my forehead – I got scared and had to stop meditating. It’s also starting to bother me outside meditations which is not helping either.

Now, what I learned on therapy, the best way to deal with the obsessions is to confront the anxiety head on – the thoughts you fear about having – think about them more. And I do this for every other thing. But this, where my knowledge is minimal – I don’t know. I don’t know if thinking about it more will help, because if it will open the chakra I will have even more things to dread.

Therefore my questions are – should I confront this fear and actually think about this until the thought goes away, will it actually open the chakra, or other thing I could do to solve this problem? I only want to have my regular meditations back, chakras, astral projections and the like I don’t plan to practice in the nearest time – I’m emotionally too unstable for such things.

Also excuse the length of this post, I thought this required some explanation.

Besides what you think of, the reality of the experience as you described it is a pressure feeling in the forehead. That's is a very common experience among meditators. People tell a lot of stories about this and that and other stuff, which incites the imagination to all nature of speculations, and many even make these imaginings into 'meditation techniques', such as the flower opening that you described. As you realise now, there is a risk that these cause issues similar to those you describe here. As such, there is a demarcation between the reality as it is experienced and the things that we imagine or think about that experience, and the issues relate to the latter and not the former itself. There's really no need for imagining these things, but as you say, it so happens to be the case, but at least we can isolate the issues to the 'thought about' things, and understand they are of our own making, and are not present within the actual experience itself.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:00 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Sounds like you have a fairly active third eye since you have a high sense of demons and fear (associated with third eye). When you don't have these imaginations of fear and demons, your third eye is closed. Some people naturally have active third eyes, but not all know how to remove that negative energy that is causing the fear.

Sounds like you may benefit from the same thing that benefited me when I opened my third eye. When I first opened my eye, I had dreams where demons and spirits visited me and I was constantly fearful at night like I was being stocked by something. So I bought some sage and Epsom salts. I did some ritual in my house with the sage and salts, and prayed to God/higher source for protection. Let's just say the feeling after that prayer was amazing and after that my fear was gone. The fear comes back once and a while but the rituals get rid of that negative energy. Crystals are a great tools aswell.

Random question The Back Seat, what's the night like for you generally? Its become a strange time for me recently.

Adam, this book might be of interest to you. It's called The Imp of the Mind by Lee Baer.

I used to be tortured by bad thoughts for a long time. You have to recognize what is generating the thoughts. You need to become more aware of your ego (self), or the area at the solar plexus chakra. Opening your third eye (at least somewhat) will actually calm your thoughts down because you will be able to literally see what is generating them. I recommend you look into the throat chakra too. It will help you bridge the mind with the lower chakras. It's so often overlooked.

Thoughts are only what they are. It's the meaning we give to them that's the problem. Let them happen and simply become aware of the space inside yourself.