Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
ha thanks. hey, perhaps we could use raki to smooth any holes in the aura or sage to purify it?

mahakali, one of the first things that I was taught when I was studying Reiki was to never do Reiki on anyone who had been using alcohol or anything other than prescribed medication during the preceeding 24 hours. It can alter the effects of narcotics and alcohol, making them more severe. Plus Reiki doesn't do It's thing if either the practioner or client have been drinking/using drugs.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
mahakali

hmmm shows how much i know :)
Old 17-05-2011, 05:41 AM
shamaan

Marijuana can be used as an excellent tool for spiritual enhancement if used correctly. There are caveats, however. Someone mentioned that it weakens the aura and leaves "holes" in it, allowing negative energies to enter, and I tend to agree with that. The trick is to establish adequate protection first, both on your physical and subtle systems, and then proceed to use the use the energy from the herb to deepen and strengthen your perceptions. As a practitioner of Tantra, I use it extensively after establishing the ring of protection. Once the shield is set, and you are able to achieve the high, you could direct that energy for recreation or insight (I use a wonderful combination of both). I then turn on Reiki, which boosts the energy further, and I find trance music goes AMAZINGLY well with that state and acts as yet another catalyst. However, I wouldn't advise that anyone partake in it without adequate protection - figure out a way to protect yourself and then feel free to go full throttle!

Alcohol, on the other hand, is just not for me. I find that it interferes with the alpha-state and dulls my perception. Moreover, someone commented that it is a toxin, and I agree with that. Although one can argue that all drugs are pretty much toxins, what it really boils down to is whether you're able to manage the "fallout" from the by-products of the high from a particular intoxicant. The residue that alcohol leaves in your system obstruct the flow of psychic energy in your system, which is what you're able to feel clearly in the hangover the next day. It's kinda like "muddying the water" when the intention is to bring more "clarity" and better conduction of the chi/ki energy. It's not that I want to dissuade alcohol enthusiasts from it, it's just that it just doesn't go well with psychic deepening. I occasionaly like a good glass of scotch whiskey (or any really high quality alcohol that is known to give the least hangover) to get into a nice state where I want to sit back and converse with friends amidst some soft rock music, but it's not something I'd use for spiritual purposes.

BTW, I wouldn't label marijuana as a "drug" - simply because it's not in the same league as some hard drugs like cocaine, heroine, meth, etc. LSD and peyote would be awesome for spiritual enhancement, but they're not easily available and they need significant prep work before using them for spiritual purposes.
Old 17-05-2011, 05:41 AM
shamaan

Looks like it posted my message twice... and I can't find a way to delete one of them.

Marijuana can be used as an excellent tool for spiritual enhancement if used correctly. There are caveats, however. Someone mentioned that it weakens the aura and leaves "holes" in it, allowing negative energies to enter, and I tend to agree with that. The trick is to establish adequate protection first, both on your physical and subtle systems, and then proceed to use the use the energy from the herb to deepen and strengthen your perceptions. As a practitioner of Tantra, I use it extensively after establishing the ring of protection. Once the shield is set, and you are able to achieve the high, you could direct that energy for recreation or insight (I use a wonderful combination of both). I then turn on Reiki, which boosts the energy further, and I find trance music goes AMAZINGLY well with that state and acts as yet another catalyst. However, I wouldn't advise that anyone partake in it without adequate protection - figure out a way to protect yourself and then feel free to go full throttle!

Alcohol, on the other hand, is just not for me. I find that it interferes with the alpha-state and dulls my perception. Moreover, someone commented that it is a toxin, and I agree with that. Although one can argue that all drugs are pretty much toxins, what it really boils down to is whether you're able to manage the "fallout" from the by-products of the high from a particular intoxicant. The residue that alcohol leaves in your system obstruct the flow of psychic energy in your system, which is what you're able to feel clearly in the hangover the next day. It's kinda like "muddying the water" when the intention is to bring more "clarity" and better conduction of the chi/ki energy. It's not that I want to dissuade alcohol enthusiasts from it, it's just that it just doesn't go well with psychic deepening. I occasionaly like a good glass of scotch whiskey (or any really high quality alcohol that is known to give the least hangover) to get into a nice state where I want to sit back and converse with friends amidst some soft rock music, but it's not something I'd use for spiritual purposes.

BTW, I wouldn't label marijuana as a "drug" - simply because it's not in the same league as some hard drugs like cocaine, heroine, meth, etc. LSD and peyote would be awesome for spiritual enhancement, but they're not easily available and they need significant prep work before using them for spiritual purposes.
Old 18-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamaan
Looks like it posted my message twice... and I can't find a way to delete one of them.
You can click edit then highlight and delete the post that way.
You may have to put 5-10 .....dots or something so it will post.
Or write - Deleted post--
But you did a good job.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Master
It stops me seeing peoples auras as the effects start. It all goes back to normal and I dont see anything. I need a clear head for that stuff like that. It needs some concentration and clear pathways.
Old 13-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Aquarian

Just a sip of alcohol blocks me from perceiving auras although I can still work in the causal plane with expected lack of clarity.

Cannabis adds a lot of noise which makes intuition impossible. I can still heal people in spite of the added difficulty, partially because cannabis can aid narrow focus.

Aura photography (as opposed to Kirlian) is a con I'm afraid, made up from galvanic skin resistance in your hands.