Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Master
a spiritual world.

What is better than enlightenment? To my way of thinking a spiritual world is better. Enlightenment usually happens to one person at a time. They cannot share their happiness with anyone else. But if you get lots and lots of people becoming spiritual all at once and together then it is better for all.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What is better than enlightenment? To my way of thinking a spiritual world is better. Enlightenment usually happens to one person at a time. They cannot share their happiness with anyone else. But if you get lots and lots of people becoming spiritual all at once and together then it is better for all.

How do you see ' Enlightenment ' as being happiness Honza and why can't happiness be shared ?
Old 03-08-2020, 10:44 AM
Master
Enlightenment can bring about huge sufferings ..

It's not all fluffy and nice ..

You see the love and you see the fear both equally at times, at times it's one or the other to certain degrees .

It's no good in one respect being all fluffy and trying to empathise with one that is suffering .

In order to relate to suffering and be compassionate one must know of it . One must have lived it .

x daz x
Old 03-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Enlightenment can bring about huge sufferings ..

It's not all fluffy and nice ..

You see the love and you see the fear both equally at times, at times it's one or the other to certain degrees .

It's no good in one respect being all fluffy and trying to empathise with one that is suffering .

In order to relate to suffering and be compassionate one must know of it . One must have lived it .

x daz x

' Enlightenment can bring about huge sufferings '

So true, to see things as they really are can hurt....
Old 03-08-2020, 11:16 AM
Master
I agree with you Honza that a spiritual world with a lot of happy people is more appealing than the lonely path of chasing ''enlightenment''.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I agree with you Honza that a spiritual world with a lot of happy people is more appealing than the lonely path of chasing ''enlightenment''.

Yes exactly.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How do you see ' Enlightenment ' as being happiness Honza and why can't happiness be shared ?

Enlightenment does bring happiness but only to a few at a time. Once you are enlightened you tend to withdraw from the world and exist in contemplation or meditation. I do not believe that I have ever heard of the sociable enlightened master.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Enlightenment does bring happiness but only to a few at a time. Once you are enlightened you tend to withdraw from the world and exist in contemplation or meditation. I do not believe that I have ever heard of the sociable enlightened master.

It would depend on what you mean by Enlightened Honza, which Enlightened Masters do you personally know ?
I have heard of many sociable Masters that I would called ' Enlightened '
Old 03-08-2020, 04:54 PM
Master

In all the years I have spent on this earth searching, I have never met anyone who knew what he or she was talking about.
You, yes you, are as enlightened as anyone else.
Ask the man planting rice in the water fields of Vietnam - he'll explain it to you.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:06 PM
PureEvil760

Ascension is better than enlightenment. Enlightenment is when you get a glimpse of the Truth, Ascension is when you start living it, when you enter heaven before death. Enlightenment is like finding 1 grain of sand sized bit of truth, Ascension is like finding every grain of sand in the entire world. There is a vast difference between this world and heaven, it is entirely alien to the individual you currently think you are, but still it is our eternal home. Enlightenment is basically when you start to ascend, but cling to your humanity and don't allow it to occur.