Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-07-2020, 07:14 PM
Soul Seeker

Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Old 23-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Your comments express a sadness that it seems many have.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Your comments express a sadness that it seems many have.

Learn how to read.

Your imaginary thinking is destroying your reading comprehension.

Care to speak of the issue at hand instead of your psychobabble?

Regards
DL
Old 23-07-2020, 09:37 PM
Master

Quote:

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

there is no question that I think it would have been a very bad thing if we'd gotten eternal life given the way we act.... that said I too have had reason to suppose that maybe having it isn't the greatest idea after all... the only reason I even wanted it to begin with was for the ability to get beyond the horrors I have to face but now I'm not so sure even THAT is such a good idea... yes very good question, it may be that losing what one has occasionally so that something new can come in may be more desirable after all...
Old 23-07-2020, 10:20 PM
Master

It would be like being in the same grade in school for eternity.

By the way: there is no "Yahweh" ... You'll have to retake this class.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-07-2020, 05:36 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
there is no question that I think it would have been a very bad thing if we'd gotten eternal life given the way we act.... that said I too have had reason to suppose that maybe having it isn't the greatest idea after all... the only reason I even wanted it to begin with was for the ability to get beyond the horrors I have to face but now I'm not so sure even THAT is such a good idea... yes very good question, it may be that losing what one has occasionally so that something new can come in may be more desirable after all...

I agree but do not know what your complaint is about the way we act.

I see a lot more good than evil around us and the stats are there for all to see.

In fact, evolutionists are having a hard time explaining why we are so nice to each other.

Regards
DL
Old 24-07-2020, 05:42 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It would be like being in the same grade in school for eternity.

By the way: there is no "Yahweh" ... You'll have to retake this class.

?? No Jewish god?

You have proof that there is no Yahweh. Wow.

Make your case.

Regards
DL
Old 24-07-2020, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

There was not a denial of eternal life, there was an agreement that you will only have it when you are ready.

if you want it, work for it. Its not gonna come any easier the next lifetime around lol

when you get the hang of life, and truly understand its purpose, its no longer a chore and no longer boring. Fear keeps you watching the same channel. Life has infinite channels, you just have to have the courage to switch the channel.

by the way, my idea of the purpose of life is you are supposted to have a transmutation effect on the energy that comes into you. Energy is constantly coming into you and flowing out of you, if you care about your fellow humans and the rest of your co-inhabitors of the universe then you will ensure that only (or mostly only) good energy makes its way out of you.

in some sense, you can know a person by the way they may be surrounded by darkness and negativity but continue to put out goodness. Remember your teacher in high school who was underpaid and working with students who hated them, but they always put out love and help. Those kinds of spirits, that is what people should aspire to. And once you begin to live that way, you can just feel it inside that this is what you are supposed to do. Giving good energy and eating bad energy becomes a reward for you as much as for the people who benefit from you.

if you walked in that state, and lived from that energy, living forever would be a great adventure. Living forever, (as a taoist immortal some say), is an art form and a skill
Old 24-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
I agree but do not know what your complaint is about the way we act.

I see a lot more good than evil around us and the stats are there for all to see.

In fact, evolutionists are having a hard time explaining why we are so nice to each other.

Regards
DL

didn't mean it that way at all hehehe...
Old 24-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
There was not a denial of eternal life, there was an agreement that you will only have it when you are ready.

if you want it, work for it. Its not gonna come any easier the next lifetime around lol

when you get the hang of life, and truly understand its purpose, its no longer a chore and no longer boring. Fear keeps you watching the same channel. Life has infinite channels, you just have to have the courage to switch the channel.

by the way, my idea of the purpose of life is you are supposted to have a transmutation effect on the energy that comes into you. Energy is constantly coming into you and flowing out of you, if you care about your fellow humans and the rest of your co-inhabitors of the universe then you will ensure that only (or mostly only) good energy makes its way out of you.

in some sense, you can know a person by the way they may be surrounded by darkness and negativity but continue to put out goodness. Remember your teacher in high school who was underpaid and working with students who hated them, but they always put out love and help. Those kinds of spirits, that is what people should aspire to. And once you begin to live that way, you can just feel it inside that this is what you are supposed to do. Giving good energy and eating bad energy becomes a reward for you as much as for the people who benefit from you.

if you walked in that state, and lived from that energy, living forever would be a great adventure. Living forever, (as a taoist immortal some say), is an art form and a skill

A skill?

Who has lived long enough to show the skill of living forever?

Go you have the quotes saying that we are to gain immortality when ready?

Keep in mind that there were no such conditions given to A & E. Not even when Yahweh murdered them by neglect when he locked away what would have kept them alive.

That is as vile and satanic ad when J Ws deny a blood transfusion to their children and they die.

I look forwards to your quotes.

Regards
DL