Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-08-2020, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
I needed that today, thx!
You are welcome Tim.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-08-2020, 04:58 AM
Pathfinder
The Gospel of Phillip is another non-canonized work that is very relevant. Mny works have been suppressed by the Fatherhoods of the west.
Old 16-08-2020, 07:39 AM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You are welcome Tim.
You got all mixed up.. Look again, it was Gemini's post you quoted.
Old 24-08-2020, 04:14 AM
Master
The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.

GOSPEL OF THOMAS
  VERSE 47

(47) Jesus said,

"It is impossible for a person to mount two horses
                    or to stretch two bows.

And it is impossible for a servant
                    to serve two masters.
                   Otherwise the servant
       will honor the one and insult the other.

No person drinks aged wine and
      immediately desires to drink fresh wine.
      New wine is not put into old wine-skins,
                so that they do not burst;
      nor is old wine put into a new wine skin,
                  because it might spoil.

An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment,
                   because it may tear."

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-08-2020, 04:22 AM
Master
the first phrase "It is impossible for a person to mount two horses" is something I question. When I was a teenager, I used to ride 2 horses at one time and even did hurdles with them.

This is how you do it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrraGF-iHhQ

Old 24-08-2020, 02:43 PM
Master
Big John, if the Gospel of Thomas confirms what is written in the Bible, why do you feel it is important?

Does it speak of Christ's sacrifice for humanity on the cross? Does it speak of the atonements from the beginning?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Big John, if the Gospel of Thomas confirms what is written in the Bible, why do you feel it is important?

Does it speak of Christ's sacrifice for humanity on the cross? Does it speak of the atonements from the beginning?

what about the holy spirit? the GoT seems to present the spirit as the gift of Jesus to the world. If it's from the spirit that forgiveness comes... then yes it does. maybe it depends how important the spirit really is, if it's an accessory only or something essential and core. it's hard to read the GoT without seeing these as spirit sayings designed to increase familiarity with the spirit which he gave us on the cross and through his teachings (the cross is understandably the focus but not only way he did things), holy spirit only can explain this
Old 24-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:

GOOD QUESTIONS!

For me, the Gospel of Thomas is important because it provides us with other insight, etc. Does not the more we read, study, learn, etc., round us out more?

As for the miracles and importance of Jesus being here, the Gospel of Thomas is mute on that subject.

Old 24-08-2020, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
what about the holy spirit? the GoT seems to present the spirit as the gift of Jesus to the world. If it's from the spirit that forgiveness comes... then yes it does. maybe it depends how important the spirit really is, if it's an accessory only or something essential and core. it's hard to read the GoT without seeing these as spirit sayings designed to increase familiarity with the spirit which he gave us on the cross and through his teachings (the cross is understandably the focus but not only way he did things), holy spirit only can explain this
GOOD POINTS!

If you ha never heard about the Holy Spirit, you probably would not pick up on it from reading the Gospel of Thomas.

Old 24-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Master

Quote:

Honest question: Looking at what happened over the last 2,000 years, and is happening these days, do you find that "Christ's sacrifice for humanity on the cross" did anything? What was it supposed to yield?

What would've been different if Christ hadn't done it? I'm not arguing, just asking for your opinion.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.