Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 13-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
well she says it's a form of meditation, which I guess it is, getting all your thoughts out. She goes on and on about how beneficial it is, changes your whole life apparently. The whole book was based on it. Maybe it's time I started doing it.

Shhheeeesh what isn't meditation these days? LOL

I started journaling in the morning, and for me, that was the best time. There are aspects to writing theraputically too... depends on the kind of writing it is. Basically there's two kinds. The kind you destroy immediately and the kind it's ok to keep. Does the book talk about that?
Old 13-10-2012, 09:03 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Shhheeeesh what isn't meditation these days? LOL

I started journaling in the morning, and for me, that was the best time. There are aspects to writing theraputically too... depends on the kind of writing it is. Basically there's two kinds. The kind you destroy immediately and the kind it's ok to keep. Does the book talk about that?

Haha yes you're right.

Yeah, what she suggests is something like this:

You have to try and just let it flow, just write without thinking too much about it, let it all out for about 3 or 4 pages first thing, then you don't read it, you put it aside, or I guess you can destroy it but I think it can be beneficial to come back to it at a later date. I can't remember too well now, it was a while since I read it, but if you are a creative, then it's a very good book to read, at least I found it to have a lot of good wisdom in there. It's set out like a course and the two things she says are most beneficial are morning pages and artists dates, where you take yourself off by yourself and fill up the well of creativity once or twice a week. The book is aimed at overcoming creative blocks. It's definitely worth a read, even if you ignore the suggestions.
Old 13-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Haha yes you're right.

Yeah, what she suggests is something like this:

You have to try and just let it flow, just write without thinking too much about it, let it all out for about 3 or 4 pages first thing, then you don't read it, you put it aside, or I guess you can destroy it but I think it can be beneficial to come back to it at a later date. I can't remember too well now, it was a while since I read it, but if you are a creative, then it's a very good book to read, at least I found it to have a lot of good wisdom in there. It's set out like a course and the two things she says are most beneficial are morning pages and artists dates, where you take yourself off by yourself and fill up the well of creativity once or twice a week. The book is aimed at overcoming creative blocks. It's definitely worth a read, even if you ignore the suggestions.

It depends really. If its a rant; 'getting it off your chest', don't look back at it, destroy it swtraight away. Who needs it? It might feel a bit wierd just chucking what was such an important feeling just a few minutes ago, but that's the ting innit. Don't worry though, in the rant period, the same stuff comes out repeatedly and ya have to keep chucking it. teehee.

I wrote regularly and I think thats important, because after a while there's not much to rant about. I guess the old **** just starts to get boring.

If I was gonna write four pages, I'd be writing in pretty big letters LOL.
Old 13-10-2012, 09:58 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I wrote regularly and I think thats important, because after a while there's not much to rant about. I guess the old **** just starts to get boring.

Yeah I think that's it. I mean, getting all of that meaningless **** out of your mind is pretty good at clearing your mind of the mundane stuff that makes you live life round and round in circles. You get bored of the same old thoughts.

I'm like that with meditation now, the past was very interesting for a while, while I could see it much more clearly than ever before. Now I'm just getting bored of it and want to be here now, not there then.
Old 13-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Yeah I think that's it. I mean, getting all of that meaningless **** out of your mind is pretty good at clearing your mind of the mundane stuff that makes you live life round and round in circles. You get bored of the same old thoughts.

I'm like that with meditation now, the past was very interesting for a while, while I could see it much more clearly than ever before. Now I'm just getting bored of it and want to be here now, not there then.

Well, to me I feel happiness because the thread started on a sensation and then went behind it. Now we don't even look at the problem as aparrently presented discomfort, but at practical measures that take an honest approach. You found the book on writing and things unfolded in your own way... that's awesome.