Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 17-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Master

A Prayer For Protection

I am not much of a bible reader anymore but there are nuggets here and there that just seem mystical and blessed and one is the 23rd Psalm.

It goes like this:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (or through the darkest valley),
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

-- Life Application Bible - NIV

I once heard this is a prayer when you need protection and that thought has stayed with me. I somehow don't feel alone when I go through tough times when I think of this passage. I feel strangely comforted.

For me, it doesn't matter who "The Lord" might be. I think it can be different for everyone.
Old 17-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Master

Absolutely spot on linen53.

It's a dialogue with the higher self, calling for protection. Or so according to Tom Kenyon, if you google him he has an amazing insight about how it is a dialogue with your very own self engaging with protection for you.