Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes Jojo like you I was sent by God, as we all are. As for following his words, He obviously speaks to me in a different language ..
He doesn't whisper in my ear that Homosexuals should be put to death....
Peace....

Then God decreed to me that sky shall be publicly stoned....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Then God decreed to me that sky shall be publicly stoned....

I remember what Christ said in John 8:7 "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

That women did not even came to ask forgiveness or something like that, she was taken there by force, so she was still "dwelling in her sins", so to say, but Christ told her to sin no more, not even a word of judgement.

Then we find Leviticus 20:10 ( and there are many other similar verses ) "And the man that commits adultery with another man's wife, even he that commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

To me, the jews got it totally wrong, in fact, to me, a good chunk of Leviticus 20 ( and many other parts of the OT ) are not the words of the Maker, why? Simply because there's nowhere to be found the part that Jesus added in John 8:7, that the one who is without sins "has the right to do this" and then Jesus shows that even He, who was the very manifestation of the Creator, did not judge and condemn her.

In Leviticus 20 we find Jehovha ( Yahweh ) talking, the LORD, and if Christ and Yahweh are one and the same, why did not He told the jews in the first place that "he who is without sin has the right to judge and condmen"? And going further, if Christ is the one who is truly portrayed in the OT, why He did not tell the jews from the first time that loving and forgiving your neighbour and the Creator is the only way, why such a cruel punishment, to be put to death?

When I read the OT, I always filter it through the words of Christ, if something does not align with the teachings of Christ, I dismiss it.

Last edited by ThatMan : 09-12-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Molearner

Matthew 7:1-2....."Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

and immediately following the Lord's Prayer.....Matthew 6:14-15,,,,,,"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Just to go along with and complement the previous postings.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Master
Jojo, what proof do you have that the words you repeat are Jehovah God?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Matthew 7:1-2....."Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

and immediately following the Lord's Prayer.....Matthew 6:14-15,,,,,,"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Just to go along with and complement the previous postings.

This is the way of forgiveness, this is the way of Christ, forgive and you are forgiven!
Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
if you were sent by Jehovah God, you would not ignore his words. sadly you continue to act as though the Scriptures I POST, are my words. what part of those verses ,do you believe I wrote?

jojo50,

It is clear that you are quite familiar with scripture and I commend you for that. I will suggest to consider what you focus upon. Perhaps you are familiar with this verse......2 Corinthians 4:18....."So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." In other words seek to focus on that which brings life rather than that which brings death.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
my "PROOF", is the Scriptures placed in ALL Bible versions!

Who placed them in there?
Old 09-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
sky123,

I wanted to respond to you but I see that ThatMan in post #72 was faster than I was...…..:) Apparently there is a subset of 'Christians' that begin their morning prayers with "O, great and judgmental God" rather than what is hopefully the majority of Christians who begin by saying..."O, great and merciful God". What I do not understand is that if these certain Christians believe that God has already condemned homosexuals why He would need any additional support from anyone else. I would urge all Christians to focus on the loving, forgiving, and merciful aspects of God rather than what they perceive as the judgmental character of God. I mean, really, are these great evangelistic tools to emphasize condemnation? I think not but maybe I am wrong...:) Maybe somewhere there is actually a First Christian Church of the Stoners...…...apparently there are those that would gladly fill the pews.

Thanks, your Post is full of wisdom.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Molearner

Here is the point that is missing. Salvation in no way at all is dependent on believing the Bible, the scriptures, Jesus or God or anything else. The only thing that believing does is to make us realize that we are saved no matter who or what we are have done or not done......and also what we might do in the future. People make a big mistake by putting emphasis on the effect(salvation) vs. putting emphasis on the cause(Jesus dying on the cross). It is simple as that...….you will be rubbing elbows with everyone in the kingdom of heaven.

The misleading thing in this thread is concentrating of 'inheriting the kingdom'. Inheriting implies a reward....entering the kingdom is a different thing. I would refer everyone to 1 Corinthians 3:10-15...…...read the entirety for context...I will just quote vs. 14-15...…"If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be SAVED, but only as one escaping through the flames." In other words there is a reward for the righteous but there is salvation for all.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
It would be more helpful, if you took the time to show your meaning in the greater context.

Is this possible when a person has for so long ignored their deep down inner feelings and common sense, to hand all responsibility over to the words of others to pass them off as Gods. Hopefully I'm wrong.