Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
Who says what a religion teaches?

The Hierarchy that benefit the most from their followers...
Old 06-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Master
Going back to the original premise of this thread; do you find I AM compassionate? Does I AM care?

People sense that Christ is both compassionate and caring. But I AM is known for its deadliness and impartiality.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Going back to the original premise of this thread; do you find I AM compassionate? Does I AM care?

People sense that Christ is both compassionate and caring. But I AM is known for its deadliness and impartiality.

I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51);
I AM the Light of the World (John 8:12);
I AM the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7, 9);
I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14);
I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25);
I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6); and
I AM the True Vine (John 15:1, 5).

Quote Molearner....
Thanks for posting this.....the 7 I AM statements of Johns gospel. I have often suggested that they can be better understood by parenthetically inserting THE and IS....so they read, for example, the I AM is the bread of life....and so on. It then makes you ponder what the I AM actually means.

Beautiful...
Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Quote Molearner....
Thanks for posting this.....the 7 I AM statements of Johns gospel. I have often suggested that they can be better understood by parenthetically inserting THE and IS....so they read, for example, the I AM is the bread of life....and so on. It then makes you ponder what the I AM actually means.

Beautiful...

So what happens if ones understanding is different? Christ was talking about Himself as the messiah and the son of God. He did not say "I AM is the way, the truth and the life".

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
So what happens if ones understanding is different? Christ was talking about Himself as the messiah and the son of God. He did not say "I AM is the way, the truth and the life".

' So what happens if ones understanding is different? '

Well the sky won't fall down

You understand it the way you choose, I believe everyone is exactly where they should be and that's OK
Old 06-12-2019, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:

Quote Molearner....

Beautiful...
Are you saying that in Hebrew each expression translated into English as "I AM" are the same word?

How many of the "I AM's" you mentioned, that when examined in Hebrew, are different words?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
You can get better resolution of the "I AM" by looking at it in Hebrew and Greek.

Going to source material always helps.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Master

Quote:

Beautiful...

Sky there are truly ancient Christian interpretations that agree with what you posted here...
Old 07-12-2019, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Sky there are truly ancient Christian interpretations that agree with what you posted here...

Thanks DM, if you come across them can you point me in the right direction
Old 07-12-2019, 08:47 AM
Master

Quote:
The dove fluttered over the head of our Lord Messiah, because He was her head.
And she sang over Him, and her voice was heard.

here Jesus is the 'head' of the Spirit, speaking it's words that he hears from it
so when he says "I am" its him speaking on behalf of the Spirit being 'her head' so 'her voice' was heard through him. The Spirit being the way to the Father

and in John
Quote:
For I did not speak from Myself, but the Father Himself, having sent Me, gave Me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak

So the idea he means himself personally is dubious even in John's gospel and from the Odes show it wasn't meant that way in the beginning.
Closed Thread