Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 31-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Knower

twin flame theory

"There is no twin flame theory. There is no collected body of empirical evidence and observation put together to explain an observed phenomenon. If there were such a body of evidence and inquiry, said body would constitute a theory. At best the twin flame concept is an unevidenced assertion. Anything that exists only when someone believes in it, doesn't really exist. If it did, 5 year olds could believe in Santa and actually get presents from him. If any twin flame claim had any veracity at all there would be evidence instead of “ you just can't understand because if you were a twin flame you'd 100% totally agree magic is real and reality really does care about your love life” being the only “evidence” of the claim.

These people claim to have special significance to the working order of the universe, that the universe cares about them shacking up with a specific target, and that they get special powers enableing them to heal the world worth light and love (**this is what twin flames really believe**). Reality does not conform to their claims, especially those involving Telepathy, astral travel and any spiritual corruption of science terms like, vibrations, frequencies, dimensions (no twin flames you did not discover a 5th dimension where feelings exist) resonance, connection or energy.

There is zero evidence to the twin flame claim, it is demonstrably unhealthy and ineffective, yes it is bogus and narcissistic in the extreme.

I see a lot of people chasing after someone they're infatuated with, who is clearly not interested, because they believe the other to be their twin flame. I've seen assaults, abuses, harrassments, and stalking happen, 'justified’ by the claims of being a twin flame. Anyone who claims that it's healthy for a person to occupy their entire existence, or even a large part of their time, with the pursuit of a single, uninterested person is wrong. If someone is uninterested, take them at their word.
Old 31-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Knower

Yah, but I’d bet all my future lottery winnings that, if given the option, to a) be BF/GF with your twin flame or b) alter the universe through a spiritual only connection that brings light to all people, every single one of those delusional twins would have their pants around their ankles before you could say Transcendental Medidation.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Master
Hmm... of course we're all entitled to an opinion, mostly the ones like yours are from people who got hurt in love and can't get over it.

I don't mean to be rude, but stating what you state means that you don't understand the concept of TFs.
Funny thing is, if there were no TFs we could not have descended either from Source, nor ascend again. So does that mean you don't believe in that either?
We are just people in a vessel of flesh, living one life here to the die. And that's it?
Not judging here, just wondering.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Twin flames and wishful thinking share a deep connection. Then again, so are a lot of other things.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Knower

Hi TheMotherKnowsAll

For curiosity and clarity sakes;

Do you believe that twin flames really believe all this that you've described?

(**this is what twin flames really believe**).
Old 01-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherKnowsAll
I see a lot of people chasing after someone they're infatuated with, who is clearly not interested, because they believe the other to be their twin flame. I've seen assaults, abuses, harrassments, and stalking happen, 'justified’ by the claims of being a twin flame. Anyone who claims that it's healthy for a person to occupy their entire existence, or even a large part of their time, with the pursuit of a single, uninterested person is wrong. If someone is uninterested, take them at their word.
My feelings to a tee. And I suspect that's why twin flamery is less prevalent in Europe - because "practitioners" can get done for fake spirituality for money under Consumer law where you'll see the get-out clause: "Terms are you accept this for its entertainment value only," or some such.

As for theory, it certainly isn't. From observation and data collecting the proposer hypothesises whatever. That's then tested and if it predicts what it's supposed to within the stated limits, then it becomes a theory or even a physical "law". These terms are borrowed ad lib by the non-scientific community to make their efforts sound scientific. The new age spiritual industry tends to borrow from physics to sound as if it's legitimised its authority - and comes up with a respectable number of buzzwords so it has a clubby feel.... Like the "law" of attraction. Like attracts like? Does it indeed? Then it's unique in the material world!

Plus, of course, there's the situation where couples have been happily together all their lives, so much that they're inseparable....without ever hearing or reading the term "twin flame". Perhaps those ARE the real twin flames and they're so because they've never had to think about it.

Unfortunately there's a huge amount of material now on the internet that seems to attract the vulnerable and unwary. As you say, frittering a lifetime waiting is such a waste. Surely among the most elementary spiritual learnings is that one gets to control one's emotions.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Plus, of course, there's the situation where couples have been happily together all their lives, so much that they're inseparable....without ever hearing or reading the term "twin flame". Perhaps those ARE the real twin flames and they're so because they've never had to think about it.
I so agree with this. I think most who truly are TFs don't know it at all. I know one of these couples that I strongly suspect are TFs, but they've never even heard of the term. (I know that cos I asked her a while ago)
This one thing that most people conveniently overlook when reading up on signs to see if they and another person are TFs: It almost always happens out of the blue. Meaning not when you're looking or waiting for it.
Someone who's a TF and still single wouldn't be waiting, they'd be busy living a very full life as someone who's ready for this level of relationship has gotten to that point where they are simply happy and have overcome most (not all) of their issues. So they're not waiting and waiting, they got things to do, life to live and enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Unfortunately there's a huge amount of material now on the internet that seems to attract the vulnerable and unwary. As you say, frittering a lifetime waiting is such a waste. Surely among the most elementary spiritual learnings is that one gets to control one's emotions.
That's always the case with some new 'fad'. It isn't really a fad as it's part of mankind's development, but it does pan out like a fad.
And the vulnerable are the ones who're looking for a buoy, -whether subconsciously or not, so they latch on to the idea when they hear of it.
Like some 15 - 20 yrs ago everyone had a wolf for a totem animal and an Indian for a guide. That was the latest 'fad' in those days and if you had those two it was a clear sign you were doing great. After all, a wolf sounds so much more impressive than a mouse or a rat, which are also powerful totems. And it was always a macho, muscular, strong male Indian, never an old withered wise woman.
It was as annoying as the new fad: Twin Flames.

Thing is that how these people deal with these things can then in turn give some other people the idea that these 'fads' are fake as you come across so many 'wannabes', but these things are not fake. There are totem wolves, Indian guides, and TFs. But not everyone will have or be one.
It really is so simple how all this works. All you need is a bit of logic, some knowledge of psychology.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherKnowsAll

I see a lot of people chasing after someone they're infatuated with, who is clearly not interested, because they believe the other to be their twin flame. I've seen assaults, abuses, harrassments, and stalking happen, 'justified’ by the claims of being a twin flame. Anyone who claims that it's healthy for a person to occupy their entire existence, or even a large part of their time, with the pursuit of a single, uninterested person is wrong. If someone is uninterested, take them at their word

My thumbs agree!

Old 01-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Ascender

I don't believe that tfs are here to save the world or make anybody ascend, and I don't believe that the universe/ God/ reality really cares about any individual being couple up or shacking up.
What I do think that the universe or God or whatever you want to call it, really cares about is each individual's growth. I think that some people have a sort of pre-plan possibly to meet us and be involved or inspire our growth. These tend to be the people who care deeply about and have a soul-connection with.
I do think we have people who we are connected by soul proximity, as in some souls who are closer to us than others. We tend to have multiple lives with these people so no wonder when we encounter them we feel it. Some of what you see written here is about soul connection, but some is not...

I do not think that all people or talk or post about tfs are experiencing the same type of thing. I have noticed lately a lot of postings about what seems to me to be haunting or entity attachment. That is not to say that these people are not experiencing something real. I just do not think it is what they think if what they think is that it is a soul connection or what has become widely accepted as a tf.

All of this stuff about "we are going to save the world" is ridiculous and I'm not sure where it got started but I don't buy it. If anything, ascension is about each of us learning to save ourselves. Nobody is going to help you ascend. I do believe that we move up in dimensions (actually densities but everyone calls it dimensions) but it's more about shedding negative emotions than gaining positive ones. And you do gain more abilities as you do this. If you want some evidence study the Tibetan monks that have attained light body. But those are extreme cases and hardly anybody is ready to move to the 5D.

I won't go as far as to say that spiritual experiences are not ever real, because I've had enough of them myself to know that they are real. Telepathy is very real and there is evidence, it's just that one has to look and dig for it oneself. The spirit realm is real.
One thing that has bothered me for a while is that in this general tf "concept" people believe it's from the Divine, it's about love, etc... yet I see people that suffer, feel haunted, can let go, can't have a relationship with someone else.. none of that sounds like it's from the Divine to me. A lot of what's out there, I do not believe.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Knower

I just feel like this is a story being told to people to make real life relationships into some Disney princess movie version and that it is unrealistic and unattainable. I mean, the odds of two twin souls meeting up through millennia in a world of billions and billions of people over eons of time, astronomical doesn't even begin to cover it. I think this is a later day hype that is being dished out because the grand traditional romances of the past, Nanny and Grandad type stuff, are seen as antiquated and unenlightened, and the real life marriages of our life times have mostly ended in divorce and bitterness, and we are searching for a better, more real, real love. A better and more permanent relationship, or mate. And the fact is, nothing has changed. We are the same humans with the same needs that we were in the 1700's and the 1900's and the 2000's. We treat each other differently because our society allows us to, for good and for bad. Loving someone totally is a decision. Staying married, mated, committed, whatever you call it, is a choice. There are a lot of men in this world, and I dated my share of them. The available men did not cease to exist when I got married, I just ceased to take advantage of their availability. It was a choice. We have been together for 25 years. The choice to stay together has not always been easy, but it was very definitely a choice we worked at, NOT a divine connection or anything of the sort. Saying that it was destined by split souls or mated consciousnesses or anything so esoteric negates the very real life sweat and muscle that goes in to a real time relationship. There will be no magic cosmic connections, there will be people worth consciously choosing to stay with and relationships worth sacrificing and fighting for.