Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-11-2019, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
so JoJo for clarity-are you suggesting that there is not a triune God, meaning God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost
Jews and Muslims do not believe in the Trinity Doctrine.

Not all Christians believe in the Trinity Doctrine. For example The Church of Later Day
Saints and Jehovah's Witnesses are two groups that do not believe in the Trinity Doctrine.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-11-2019, 06:00 AM
Master
Mormons most commonly use the term “Godhead” to refer to the Trinity. The first article of faith for the Latter-day Saints reads: “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.” Latter-day Saints believe God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one in will and purpose but are not literally the same being or substance, as conceptions of the Holy Trinity commonly imply.

Roman Catholics also use the word Godhead.
Old 26-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Mormons most commonly use the term “Godhead” to refer to the Trinity. The first article of faith for the Latter-day Saints reads: “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.” Latter-day Saints believe God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one in will and purpose but are not literally the same being or substance, as conceptions of the Holy Trinity commonly imply.

Roman Catholics also use the word Godhead.
Well, I guess you were not a former Mormon, or if you were, you did not learn the basic Mormon concepts.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Well, I guess you were not a former Mormon, or if you were, you did not learn the basic Mormon concepts.

http://www.whatdomormonsbelieve.com/...icle-of-faith/
Old 26-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Master
A main issue is that the JW's don't consider Spirit as real. The Holy Spirit to them means, as example, the atmosphere of a gathering. Not an entity.

Seems they view everything exclusively in the material/physical sense.

Meanwhile, St. Paul who tells us about his "near death", or out of body experience, refers to how to be "absent from the body" is to be present with the Lord.

The Spirit, and the timeless or eternity, is the actual situation, apart from the material world illusion in time and space.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
http://www.whatdomormonsbelieve.com/...icle-of-faith/
Can you provide a Mormon source that says Mormons most
commonly use the term "godhead" to refer to the trinity?

Old 26-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Master
Do Mormons believe in the Trinity?

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org.uk/ar...sm-101--faq#C5...

Third time lucky, I am not playing your game so you don't need to respond....
Old 26-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Master
That same Mormon swebsite also claims

"With this meaning, as the context shows in every case, Jehovah, who is Jesus Christ the Son of Elohim, is called “the Father,” and even “the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth” (see passages before cited and also Mosiah 16:15). With analogous meaning Jesus Christ is called “The Everlasting Father” (Isa. 9:6; compare 2 Ne. 19:6). The descriptive titles “Everlasting” and “Eternal” in the foregoing texts are synonymous."

which provides a complete different picture of Elohim and Jehovah/Jesus.

Being The Church of Later Day Saints came into existence in the same area but earlier in time before
modern day Spiritualism, I find there are a lot of similarities between the two groups.

Old 27-11-2019, 12:11 AM
Experiencer

big john-i posted my question to JoJo as she began the thread-you did not-i did not ask you for clarification-I asked JoJo for clarification to understand where she was comming from.

Kindly respect my question was posted to her as I addressed it to JoJo not big john-step out and stay in your lane please and thank you
Old 27-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Experiencer

and big john there is no need for you to take offense or site some reason for your answering for her-i will not engage in a conversation with you about the question I posed for jojo-