Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Master
Forgiveness

I came across a concept of forgiveness yesterday I had never thought about before.

When someone wrongs you the feelings of anger and bitterness are like a tasty morsel of bait inside a trap. You want to hold onto it and keep it inside you.

Once you take the bait you are trapped by the feelings and bitterness, anger and bad thoughts now possess you.

Forgiveness walks away from the bait and cancels the trap’s ability to ensnare you.

I had never thought of it that way before and was impressed by the guy who thought that way of explaining it. I thought it worth sharing.

Last edited by Lightspirit : 03-10-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Guide
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu

When someone wrongs you the feelings of anger and bitterness are like a tasty morsel of bait inside a trap. You want to hold onto it and keep it inside you.
[size=3]

The bitter sweet trap of self righteousness, feeling justified to have the emotion feeds it into a never ending cycle.

Congratulations and well done, brilliant post.

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 PM
mattie

How Holding On To Anger, Etc. Affects Us Energetically

How this affects us is a very good thing to consider.

When we have feelings of bitterness, anger, resentment, etc. about what others have done, this affects us by lowering our frequency. This is usually not beneficial for us. This applies to all negative or low frequency thoughts/emotions.

Forgiveness is often really just moving past the need to hold on to these feelings. We don’t really need to actually forgive the person, but just move past the feelings resulting from the incident being held by us. How this is resolved has more to do w/ their own karma. TRUST that they will deal w/ finding balance about whatever happened.

It’s not really that the feeling possesses us, but that they are of a low frequency & by thinking them & rethinking something that is, increasingly, ancient history, we voluntarily CHOOSE where we are dimensionally. By rehashing the incident subsequently thinking about it we CHOOSE to tie our self not only to low frequency thoughts/emotions, but to the past.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Mary Baker

Yes, indeed, Lightworker, forgiveness does free us from the trap of all those bitter and corrosive feelings when we do not forgive.

I have been ther and took me some time to actually forgive, but what a load off my spirit!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I came across a concept of forgiveness yesterday I had never thought about before.

Once you take the bait you are trapped by the feelings and bitterness, anger and bad thoughts now possess you.

Forgiveness walks away from the bait and cancels the trap’s ability to ensnare you.

I had never thought of it that way before and was impressed by the guy who thought that way of explaining it. I thought it worth sharing.

i can understand that. for me,i don't like feeling anyone or thing's controlling me. and i feel that if i hold on to anger against someone. that person has controlled me. because most of th time, you're sitting there daily angry at that person. while they're going along with their life, forgetting what they have done to you. no one is worth me catching a stroke over. so i would ask Jehovah God ...in Jesus name of course. to help me to focus on something spiritual and/or good. peace
Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
i can understand that. for me,i don't like feeling anyone or thing's controlling me. and i feel that if i hold on to anger against someone. that person has controlled me. because most of th time, you're sitting there daily angry at that person. while they're going along with their life, forgetting what they have done to you. no one is worth me catching a stroke over. so i would ask Jehovah God ...in Jesus name of course. to help me to focus on something spiritual and/or good. peace
The funny thing is more often than not the person has no idea you are mad at them
Old 14-10-2011, 12:35 AM
emalie

Impressed by another thread in these forums about forgiveness, I lay in bed releasing what I thought was causing me holding onto me from the past, and instead, found myself picturing a different scene from my very early childhood in which I was abused. I hadn't remembered it, and felt too afraid to let it through now too.

I'm not free of the pain from the abusive incidents of my childhood. In one case, aspects of that abuse are ongoing (though the person doing it isn't aware that he is). I feel love for him and have forgiven him for the past, yet I'm still in much pain from the way he treats me now - which is also a flow-over from that incident in the past. I recently asked him not to come anymore and I know I caused him pain because *he* doesn't think of himself as abusive. It's in his manner of speaking, his arrogent taking of charge, his dismissing of me etc.

If I think of forgiving him for the the things he continues to do, I cannot do that unless he is not doing it. (And still I feel bad to have hurt him by asking him not to come around)

Things are sometimes not easy to put aside.

emalie
Old 14-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Ascender

I think it's human to be angry or feel bitterness at someone lashing out at you. I think it becomes a problem if you don't let it go after a time.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:40 PM
TeeHee

Quote:

Thanks for sharing lightworkerAu. Here's more to add.
‘Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors’ the literal meaning is:
That means to forgive us our sins in proportion as we forgive those who have sinned against us.

If we are to have this Christian forgiveness in our lives learn to understand, forgiveness would be very much easier for us if we tried to understand before we allowed ourselves to condemn

Learn to forget, we can in the end make it humanly impossible for us to forget. We can print the memory indelibly upon our minds. Nothing but the cleansing spirit of Christ can take from these memories of our old bitterness that we must forget

Agape, that love can come to us only when Christ, who is that love, comes to dwell within our hearts-- and he cannot come unless we invite him.

To be forgiven we must forgive, and that is a condition of forgiveness which only the power of Christ can enable us to fulfill. --W. Barclay