Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-11-2010, 08:51 AM
harley's mum

CAN U TELL ME WHERE HE IS & IS HE OKAY?

MY DARLING PASSED ON JUNE 24 AT HOME IN BED WITH ME AND THE DOGS LYING ON HIS LEGS... HAVE POSTED FOR HELP IN THE DEATH AREA OF FORUMS AND REASON I WANT TO KNOW IF HE IS OKAY IS THAT HIS EYES AT DEATH WERE FULL OF SOMETHING THAT LOOKED LIKE FEAR...
AS I SAID ON OTHER POST ON TV THEY SAY "OH HE/SHE LOOKED SO PEACEFUL"
WELL MY DARLING LOOKED ANYTHING BUT..?
I AM NEW TO THE SPIRITUAL FORUMS AND IF THERE IS SOME CORRECT PROCEDURE OR PROTOCOL THAT I AM NOT OBSERVING THEN I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE.
Old 29-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley's mum
MY DARLING PASSED ON JUNE 24 AT HOME IN BED WITH ME AND THE DOGS LYING ON HIS LEGS... HAVE POSTED FOR HELP IN THE DEATH AREA OF FORUMS AND REASON I WANT TO KNOW IF HE IS OKAY IS THAT HIS EYES AT DEATH WERE FULL OF SOMETHING THAT LOOKED LIKE FEAR...
AS I SAID ON OTHER POST ON TV THEY SAY "OH HE/SHE LOOKED SO PEACEFUL"
WELL MY DARLING LOOKED ANYTHING BUT..?
I AM NEW TO THE SPIRITUAL FORUMS AND IF THERE IS SOME CORRECT PROCEDURE OR PROTOCOL THAT I AM NOT OBSERVING THEN I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE.

I mentioned this on your other thread, but wanted to give you more reassurance on this one. I would think that it was more of an "awe and shock". I don't know what he died of or if he had been in a lot of pain for a long time. Was he afraid of dying? What was his spiritual beliefs?
I would recommend reading "What Dreams May Come" or watch the movie. There is nothing scary on the other side UNLESS THAT IS WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING.
I have to head to bed now, but will look up some books that might help you understand better.

Last edited by Summerland : 02-12-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 29-11-2010, 09:41 PM
deepsea

Excellent of choice of book to read.
It was written by Richard Mathieson,rather old book, but excellent. You may be able to purchase it through Amazon,from the net.

I do agree with Summerland,Your husband may have passed with the last spasm of pain which registered on his face.
Be assured that when he arrived in the spirit world,he would have been warmly greeted.
Hugs.
Deepsea
Old 30-11-2010, 11:58 AM
mac

good and not so good comments....

'What dreams' is a lovely movie - my favourite but having discussed it with the one who gave me the video, confusing too. If you don't already have some understanding about the process of passing over and what comes next it could also be unduly alarming. Though giving deep insights into the afterlife, it needs to be remembered that it is just a movie....

And it's alarmist to say "There is nothing scary on the other side UNLESS THAT IS WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING." For 'average' individuals they will experience nothing scary.

Only for certain individuals might there be such a transient situation, perhaps where expectation brought about by frightening, long-held beliefs transiently bring about the situations they fear.

For the average Joe or Josephine, their passing is helped by friends, relatives and/or helpers who will be around waiting to provide support. Illness and pain are of the physical dimension - both are left behind on passing over.

A short time of adjustment may be needed but that's nothing unusual.

As deepsea remarked, your loved one may have been experiencing pain as he came to the end of his days here which you saw in his eyes. That ended as he left behind his body - pain is not carried over with our etheric bodies, the bodies we have after our passing.

Although we look very similar immediately afterwards, that appearance gradually changes. Old folks begin to look younger, often as they were 'in their prime' so to speak. Younger individuals mature and eventually become the adults they hadn't become whilst here on earth.

I hope this begins to help you understand a little?
Old 30-11-2010, 01:50 PM
deepsea

Very good explanation,Mac.
I want to be '40' again!

Deepsea!
Old 30-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Serenity Bear

I can safely say What Dreams May Come is the most unrealistic view of the spirit world I have every come across. Its too much into the Heaven and Hell, and Im sorry it isnt like that at all. Always - about the pilot who dies - is so much more realistic, especially the scenes with Audrey Hepburn.

As far as your loved one, you will find in the next few months things - almost coincidental- will start to register with you. You may find a certain item of his, or suddenly remember where one is, and this will be his sign his ok. You may also dream of him, as this is an easier way for spirit to communicate with you. Another way they can communicate is through smell - like a perfume etc.

The dogs can also see spirit so look at them for reactions, they sometime sit and almost watch as spirit pet them etc.

If you tempted to see a medium I would wait a good few months (6 plus). This will allow for your Darling to heal and learn how to communicate with them. Some spirit can come through the same day and some take months to learn, but as a norm we say 6 months.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:19 PM
mac

"I can safely say What Dreams May Come is the most unrealistic view of the spirit world I have every come across."

I did point out that it IS a movie but it certainly isn't the most unrealistic view of the spirit world I have ever come across!

I've come across all manner of more unrealistic views from real people in the real world. Movie-makers set out to entertain and some fantasy is an allowable part of artistic licence....

Seriously, though, you shouldn't promise what you can't be sure of being able to fulfill, quote: "As far as your loved one, you will find in the next few months things - almost coincidental- will start to register with you." Neither you nor I know how this will go for the individual concerned....or anyone else.

And this is meaningless... "Some spirit can come through the same day and some take months to learn, but as a norm we say 6 months."

You
may say 6 months as a norm but we don't.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:20 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Very good explanation,Mac.
I want to be '40' again!

Deepsea!

ahhhh....if only....
Old 30-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
ahhhh....if only....

Mac, did you notice that I recommended READING the book first. The movie is good, but the book is so much better. As one who has been there, the books explaination is fairly accurate.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:37 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Mac, did you notice that I recommended READING the book first. The movie is good, but the book is so much better. As one who has been there, the books explaination is fairly accurate.

I did notice - the book is fine but the movie has its own qualities.... the book better? different Each to their own way of learning....

And how can you know that where you were is what everyone will find?