Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-11-2010, 08:06 PM
LadyB.

Mediums-Thoughts on 'unexpected messages'

Hi All...

Not really a newbie, floating around a few years but old membership seems to have disappeared..

Having recently returned from holiday in the sun....

Lying by a hotel pool full of holiday makers was something I hadn't done for a few years. Certainly not since I had been developing as a medium. I had so many spirits come through with messages for loved ones staying in the same hotel.. I lost count. I must have been 'vibrating at a high level' from my sun lounger..

I am not in the habit of giving complete strangers messages, although I have a couple of times in the past when I had strong sense that I should do and the messages had been very gratefully received and had made a positive impact on the lives of those that I passed them on to.

I certainly didn't pass any on on this occasion as I just didn't feel comfotable in doing so...especially when in a bikini!? At the same time it was lovely to feel so many spirits around enjoying being with their loved ones..

I had a similar experience at a wedding recently..there were more spirits there than guests. It was absolutely amazing to 'feel' Kept it to myself though.

I always feel a sense of duty when I have a good link and am well aware that the person the message is for may never visit a medium and that I could potentially en-rich their lives in some way by passing the message on..

It's all very well when you have a TV camera crew with you for the latest 'celebrity medium' But in day to day life is it realistic to go up to complete strangers and tell them you have their brother Carlos with you who passed away at 50 from lung cancer?

I wondered what other mediums do in similar situations and what everyones thoughts are on 'unexpected messages'? Do you feel duty bound to pass on validations and messages or do you 'tune out' and leave well alone?

Fyi.

I am not interested in the financial side of mediumship..I have a job I enjoy that gives me what I need to live. At the same time keeps me earthed!

B
X
Old 16-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Enya

I don't often get unexpected messages, but when I do, I try to find a way to pass them on, while being very careful how I do it. Some people are only too delighted to receive a message while others are freaked out by it, so diplomacy is very important!

You really have to tread lightly and test the water, as it were. If they are too bothered by it, then I mentally ask if the message can be passed on via someone else and apologise to the spirit person for my failure. If I get something really strong, I will find a way to pass it on, even in a form of a few brief words of comfort.
Old 16-11-2010, 09:26 PM
deepsea

I know how you feel.
i am not a brilliant medium,really just getting the hang of it but hesitate to pass messages onto someone I don't know very well.
I usually say to the person that I have received some infomation and not sure who it is for.
They usually ask me what the message is then when I recount it,they will tell me if they think it is for them.

I think it is wonderful when someone tells me they can accept what little i have to give.
Deepsea
Old 21-11-2010, 09:12 AM
LadyB.

Talking about unexpected messages..

I had a beautiful dog spirit come through to me on Friday..

A friend of mine had directed me to a animal welfare site and asked me to read the tragic story of a young dog that although terribly mutilated (from human abuse) had lain for days across some tiny motherless pups trying to protect them from the terrible weather conditions..

The animal welfare people on finding the dog had to put him down due to its terrible injuries..The tiny pups survived due to the young dogs protection from the elements..My friend had asked me to join her in praying for the dogs soul.

I was so upset and angry after reading the article and I must admit was thinking of what I would like to do to the person who had mutilated the dog.. ( I have rescued many dogs myself and am a huge dog/animal lover)

As I was emailing my friend the spirit of the dog came through to me to thank my friend for her prayers and to tell me he was safe in the spirit world. I felt he was highly evolved from the intensity of energy and had been in human form many times but had chosen to come down to earth to act as a protector to the pups..

He also told me he had forgiven the human who had carried out such terrible atrocities on him and said prayers were needed for that person..

Must admit I found that a wee bit difficult.. .. but I did pray for them.

I must admit that my anger of the situation completely dissipated after sending prayer and healing. I felt good for it..

Anger and hate is such a waste of emotion and energy....will it help the person become a better human? No. Sending prayers healing and love will though..I guess that was my 'lesson for the day'

B
X

P.s I would put the link up to the story but don't think I am am able yet having had to renew my membership after crash.
Old 21-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB.
Hi All...

Not really a newbie, floating around a few years but old membership seems to have disappeared..

Having recently returned from holiday in the sun....

Lying by a hotel pool full of holiday makers was something I hadn't done for a few years. Certainly not since I had been developing as a medium. I had so many spirits come through with messages for loved ones staying in the same hotel.. I lost count. I must have been 'vibrating at a high level' from my sun lounger..

I am not in the habit of giving complete strangers messages, although I have a couple of times in the past when I had strong sense that I should do and the messages had been very gratefully received and had made a positive impact on the lives of those that I passed them on to.

I certainly didn't pass any on on this occasion as I just didn't feel comfotable in doing so...especially when in a bikini!? At the same time it was lovely to feel so many spirits around enjoying being with their loved ones..

I had a similar experience at a wedding recently..there were more spirits there than guests. It was absolutely amazing to 'feel' Kept it to myself though.

I always feel a sense of duty when I have a good link and am well aware that the person the message is for may never visit a medium and that I could potentially en-rich their lives in some way by passing the message on..

It's all very well when you have a TV camera crew with you for the latest 'celebrity medium' But in day to day life is it realistic to go up to complete strangers and tell them you have their brother Carlos with you who passed away at 50 from lung cancer?

I wondered what other mediums do in similar situations and what everyones thoughts are on 'unexpected messages'? Do you feel duty bound to pass on validations and messages or do you 'tune out' and leave well alone?

Fyi.

I am not interested in the financial side of mediumship..I have a job I enjoy that gives me what I need to live. At the same time keeps me earthed!

B
X

Hi LadyB,

It's a wonderful experience when one can communicate with the spirit world and relay their messages to people in our world to those who seek out the services of a medium. If I was to receive unexpected messages at inappropriate times, I would simply ask spirit to step back, refusing to accept any further information. I am the one who controls and is responsible for how I conduct my mediumship at all times. It is I not spirit, who choose when the time is right to open up even if they are persistent.

I respect that not every person accepts there is a spirit world and, some no doubt would be mortified if a 'medium' approached them without their consent and begin talking about something alien to them. Personally, I would object to someone coming up to me in a street to talk about my beloved uncle Joe or aunt Margery, if my firmly held belief was such that they are 'dead'.
Old 21-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Spirited

I think it is a touchy subject but my opinion is that we as mediums should know our "personal responsibility". Giving messages to just anyone is not good practice in my opinion. There are times to work for Spirit and times when they just have to wait. I think you should affirm to yourself when you are 'closed' from communication and when you are 'open' for communication. I believe the Spirit world will otherwise rule your life and bother you every few minutes. You have to remember that you as a unique Spirit has your own Earthly life to live and not all of it should be desginated to passing on messages from Spirit.

L&L

Spirited
Old 21-11-2010, 05:37 PM
mac

Skye and Spirited - great postings!

Would-be and developing mediums would do well to heed your words. Even certain experienced ones...
Old 21-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Skye

Thanks mac. :)