Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-02-2020, 03:01 PM
"I hypothesize consciousness is a fundamental force like gravity and the other three (electro-magnetism, strong nuclear force & weak nuclear force). I also think it's non-local & not bound by space-time, meaning its behavior may never be detected unless we puny-humans come up with methods of detecting the undetectable. ;-)" Good one, BhodiCris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
.....And we all got access to it. Source consciousness.

But it does take some going inwards, for lazy old me....BUT THE REWARD IS HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!
Very honest of you.

You will like this, E:
Donald Walters in the late 40s, devotee of Paramahansa, later Swami Kryananda...was told to never hitchhike.
But he did anyway, in Calif...about 23 yrs old.

He was picked up by 2 hoodlums -they drove to a remote farmhouse with the intent
to do basically a Sharon Tate/Manson type thing with Donald tagging along, what fun, right!!
No one was home.
When Donald got back, Yogananda called for him - in short, saying,
Do you know how much it took to get that couple to not answer the door?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2020, 03:03 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
You saying "Advaita Vedanta says maya is an appearance within the Absolute" while you believe the same maya are illusions/not real is a major contradiction because an appearance is not an illusion.

Edit: oneness is more important than physical non-duality

I've suggested this far too many times, but once more. Why don't you take the time, perhaps a few months, to bone-up on non-dualism?

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i.../the_atman.htm

"What does the Advaitist declare? He says, if there is a God, that God must be both the material and the efficient cause of the universe. Not only is He the creator, but He is also the created. He Himself is this universe. How can that be? God, the pure, the spirit, has become the universe? Yes; apparently so. That which all ignorant people see as the universe does not really exist. What are you and I and all these things we see? Mere self-hypnotism; there is but one Existence, the Infinite, the Ever-blessed One. In that Existence we dream all these various dreams. It is the Atman, beyond all, the Infinite, beyond the known, beyond the knowable; in and through That we see the universe. It is the only Reality. It is this table; It is the audience before me; It is the wall; It is everything, minus the name and form. Take away the form of the table, take away the name; what remains is It."
Old 18-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That which all ignorant people see as the universe does not really exist.
Again, was shown this at 8 yrs old and later more times - no drugs.

It IS really funny, I joke that many people actually think a chair is a chair.

Now, experiences and feelings, lessons learned and mistakes made
slowing our allowing purity and bliss -
are more real than the Sun you have overhead or the keys you're typing on.

BUT, when one has not had the experience
of this- well, it's just a theory or even nonsense.

And it's the ego's job to make it seem weird..ha, even scary!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2020, 03:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Again, was shown this at 8 yrs old and later more times - no drugs.

It IS really funny, I joke that many people actually think a chair is a chair.

Now, experiences and feelings, lessons learned and mistakes made
slowing our allowing purity and bliss -
are more real than the Sun you have overhead or the keys you're typing on.

BUT, when one has not had the experience
of this- well, it's just a theory or even nonsense.

And it's the ego's job to make it seem weird..ha, even scary!

I can't begin to fully explain the experience and truly give it justice except by using the best analogy that comes to mind: Lucid dreaming. Some years back I devoted 6 months to lucid dreaming and had some success. It's an incredibly amazing experience to gain lucidity within a dream!

Multiply that times infinity and that's where I was for 5 or 6 weeks after September 29th. It's faded somewhat but not entirely and that's probably a good thing because it was amazingly intense and I was totally unprepared and it was impacting life's obligations, however it seems to be a bit on the upswing lately only less intense and more stable, and the realization, the knowing, simply cannot be unrealized or unknowed (that's not a word but it'll have to do!).
Old 18-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
I've suggested this far too many times, but once more. Why don't you take the time, perhaps a few months, to bone-up on non-dualism?

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i.../the_atman.htm

"What does the Advaitist declare? He says, if there is a God, that God must be both the material and the efficient cause of the universe. Not only is He the creator, but He is also the created. He Himself is this universe. How can that be? God, the pure, the spirit, has become the universe? Yes; apparently so. That which all ignorant people see as the universe does not really exist. What are you and I and all these things we see? Mere self-hypnotism; there is but one Existence, the Infinite, the Ever-blessed One. In that Existence we dream all these various dreams. It is the Atman, beyond all, the Infinite, beyond the known, beyond the knowable; in and through That we see the universe. It is the only Reality. It is this table; It is the audience before me; It is the wall; It is everything, minus the name and form. Take away the form of the table, take away the name; what remains is It."
I do not see a problem with the concepts you copy and pasted. An intellectual ego I concept is not to be taken literally as the truth. And it does not change the fact that you believing the universe/maya is an illusion and saying "Advaita Vedanta says maya is an appearance within the Absolute" is a contradiction.

Looking out into reality while wearing red glasses, you will say - reality is red

Another person wearing blue glasses will say - No, reality is blue.

Another person wearing yellow glasses will say - No, no, you are both wrong, I see reality as being yellow.

When you are not wearing colored glasses (knowing the truth about words, concepts and beliefs, and apply said truth), your reality is not colored by words, concepts and beliefs.

What creates these colored glasses? Words, and concepts create beliefs. These beliefs created by words and concepts create the colored glasses.
Old 18-02-2020, 03:31 PM
Quote:
It's an incredibly amazing experience to gain lucidity within a dream!
For me it was shocking! How can you be asleep, but awake?
INSIDE your own dream?!!
I still do not understand this phenomenon even after it happening to me - and not asking for it! Wowsa!
I guess, 'Someone' wanted me to have the exp to relate to others better. (?)

(But, now I know my mom is as ditsy in the afterlife as she was here....don't ask.)

If people would look thru an EM microscope - it would change their opinion of a chair actually being a chair, hahahaha...

Old 18-02-2020, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
I can't begin to fully explain the experience and truly give it justice except by using the best analogy that comes to mind: Lucid dreaming. Some years back I devoted 6 months to lucid dreaming and had some success. It's an incredibly amazing experience to gain lucidity within a dream!

Multiply that times infinity and that's where I was for 5 or 6 weeks after September 29th. It's faded somewhat but not entirely and that's probably a good thing because it was amazingly intense and I was totally unprepared and it was impacting life's obligations, however it seems to be a bit on the upswing lately only less intense and more stable, and the realization, the knowing, simply cannot be unrealized or unknowed (that's not a word but it'll have to do!).
A dream, while sleeping is an extension of when the the ego I is awake. How else will the ego I remember a dream?
Old 18-02-2020, 03:37 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
For me it was shocking! How can you be asleep, but awake?
INSIDE your own dream?!!
I still do not understand this phenomenon even after it happening to me - and not asking for it! Wowsa!
I guess, 'Someone' wanted me to have the exp to relate to others better. (?)

(But, now I know my mom is as ditsy in the afterlife as she was here....don't ask.)

If people would look thru an EM microscope - it would change their opinion of a chair actually being a chair, hahahaha...

And that's why one of the things I relate is electroweak unification. I don't think most understand just how significant that is and how it begins to utterly demolish one's sensory perception of "reality". LOL!

I mean it even goes below the atomic level. Heck, it's unifying two fundamental forces into one, meaning electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force aren't really real. What else isn't real? Hahahahah!
Old 18-02-2020, 03:45 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
A dream, while sleeping is an extension of when the the ego I is awake. How else will the ego I remember a dream?

Meaning awakening from a dream while still in the dream is a model for awakening from maya while still in maya.

Call it realization. Call it awakening. Call it whatever you like but it lifts the veil just enough to know the veil exists. It doesn't negate the power of maya to project, just weakens maya's power to veil.

If you haven't experienced it you won't understand what I'm typing. If you have had a lucid dream you might be able to grasp a tiny inkling of what I'm typing.
Old 18-02-2020, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Meaning awakening from a dream while still in the dream is a model for awakening from maya while still in maya.

Call it realization. Call it awakening. Call it whatever you like but it lifts the veil just enough to know the veil exists. It doesn't negate the power of maya to project, just weakens maya's power to veil.

If you haven't experienced it you won't understand what I'm typing. If you have had a lucid dream you might be able to grasp a tiny inkling of what I'm typing.
A lucid dream is a dream thus, is still an extension of the ego I.