Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:49 AM
karen

Color Seek the truth

Are you curious to know what the Bible really teaches. The Bible is the oldest,
most unique and most published piece of literature to survive against all odds, in the history of mankind. Its road has been rocky but considering that our creator inspired it, could only lead to its survival (2 Timothy 3:16).
Unfortunately, mans interpretation of the scriptures has been irresponsably handled leaving room for the many doctrines and beliefs we have in the world today (2 Peter 3:14-18). So how can you have faith in what you believe is the truth ?

SEARCH FOR IT AND DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS !
( Jeremiah 29:13, Zephaniah 2:3, 1 Peter 1:10)

I would love you to consider what i believe to be the truth .
.... our creator, God, has a name. Originally written in the hebrew language but is faithfully pronounced in English as Jehovah.
(Exodus 6:3, Isaiah12:4,5)

...... Jehovah has a son and his name is Jesus Christ. Ok so you knew that hey, but did you know that as a spirit creature, he lived in the heavens with Jehovah and witnessed the creation of mankind and of the earth and of the spirit creatures in the heavens (Proverbs 8:22-31).
Jesus completely obeyed his father to the point that he was sacrificed on earth to save mankind from their sins ( Hebrews 2:17 and 5:8,9)

...... angels(sometimes called cherubs or ,messengers) are not risen spirits of dead people but are spirit creatures, created even before mankind began(Genesis 3:24 ,Job 38:4-7)

Angels have a specific role in Jehovahs plan and some have even played a significant role alongside Satan in mismanaging and almost destroying the earth.

...... our loved ones that have passed away, have not been forgotten but live on in Jehovahs memory(John 11:38-44 ,Genesis 3:19 , Job 14:1-15)

..... back in the garden of eden, Satan (a spirit creature) challenged Jehovah over his almighty sovereignty. By tempting and lying to Eve (the first woman created),Satan started his campaign to draw mankind away from Jehovah by bringing sin into the world(Genesis 3)Satan has been the ruler of the earth since this time and mankind has had to be controlled by this wicked angel(1 John 5:19).

...... this challenge has lasted thousands of years and yes,
satan has already lost !! (John 16:11, Genesis 3:13)

..... Satan and his fallen angels (demons) have been confined to the earth with their own destruction in view(Revelation 12:9,12 , 1John 3:8)

Now, more so than ever in the history of the world, Jehovah is making known the truth to whoever wants to open their heart and listen.Jehovah has always let his people know about events before they happen through his prophets on earth.

Since the time of pentecost 33 C.E. when Jesus was ressurrected from the dead right through to the present day, Jehovah has chosen a certain number of people from the earth to go to heaven, as Jesus did, to rule with him when Jehovahs Kingdom comes to earth(Acts 20:28).

The rest of us all throughout history have an opertunity to be ressurrected to a new life on earth under the rule of a divine Kingdom. Afterall that has been Jehovahs plan all along for the earth to be inhabited by his people.(Genesis1:26,27 , John 5:28,29 , Psalms 37:29,34 , Isaiah 45:18 ,Matthew 5:5 , Revelation 21:3,4)

The Bibles message is clear and simple

Love Jehovah with all your heart and all you mind. Turn away from bad and love your neighbour, keep reading the scriptures and praying daily and in this knowledge you will endure the test of faith(Matthew 6:7-13, 22:37, Luke 10:25-28 , 2 Timothy 3:1-12).

Life in this system is unfair and cruel leaving most people feeling hopeless or it can push people into doing the wrong thing, drawing them away from Jehovah by giving in to their own sinful desires.Jehovah has a warning for those living in the time of the end and that is to get out and away from our modern day Babylon the great, referring to idol worship, greed, false doctrines lies and violent behaviour among many others (Revelation 18:4). These would be the obvious things a good conscienced person would realise. Jehovah has also warned us that Satan keeps transforming himself into an angel of light to decieve those into thinking they are doing the right thing (2 Corinthians11:14).Jehovah has been extremely clear about what he finds detestable such as fortune tellers, magic, omens , spells and the inquiring of the dead(Deuteronomy 18:9-13).

Now of course dont take my word for it check the scriptures referenced and tell me what you think ....
Old 06-02-2007, 12:54 AM
kundalini

Hi karen, do you really mean to say that spiritual powers such as being able to channel spirit messages and having mediumship abilities is a bad thing? I find that I cannot agree with this way of thinking,

Kundalini.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:10 AM
karen

I say it not ...someone who is alot wiser than you or I says it . To become spiritual is an easy thing but you must be aware that there is a spiritual air that is waiting and eager to decieve. I see that is a result of moving away from the scriptures where God warns against this. I dont doubt what you are experiencing is real but for what purpose in the end are you experiencing it and from what spirit are you recieving it?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:16 AM
kundalini

The way I see it karen is that a lot of these teachings are fear-based and therefore are not of love. Maybe the people who really wrote those words said them because they wanted to take away from people the truth that spiritual power is really within oneself and not to be found on the outside. What do you think?

Actually, there is some very love-based concepts in there but the fear-based ones really 'take away' from the other ones.

Kundalini.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:26 AM
karen

I have the utmost respect for you ..thankyou for the level of dignity you bring forth. That is what brings me forth in rooms like these where i can learn and teach. For the record, i dont believe in the traditional hellfire and choice is what God gave us. Fear is what i had of the world before i found comfort in the wings and wisdom of God. We shall always rest in what helps us grow.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:29 AM
kundalini

Thanks Karen, that was a very genuine reply. You're totally right of course. Whichever teachings you follow so long as they help you to love yourself and others I believe are all ways to God or whichsoever name you would call such a deity. Thanks, K.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:37 AM
BLAIR2BE

Hi Karen,
I too have, at times, questioned the fidelity of the sources that mediums and channelers “use”. Though I would not say that these are “bad” practices; but, anyone involved in these practices should “be careful”. I agree with you on this; that in life there is an intentional “force” that “wishes” to maneuver the spiritual away from God, these may be presented as tests, misinformation, temptation, etc. You seem fairly educated in biblical scripture so I’d like to ask you some questions, if I may; do you know of any passages that refer to Jesus communicating with spirit/spirits?
Also, could you comment on the following statements/questions: “through Jesus, one is lead to God” may represent “through the physical manifestation of God (man), one may be lead to God”. Basically this theory means that, perhaps Jesus, as physical manifestation of God (one of the 3, in the holy trinity), is the way to God; and as sons and daughters of God, we are also the way to God, we are also physical manifestations of God (sons and daughters of). Jesus as a representation of; through internal “work” and discipline each of us (manifestations of God) may “lead ourselves” to God (though I AM NOT saying Jesus was not a real man, nor am I saying he was not the son of God).
Are we NOT sons and daughters of God? And, is there an initial separation of God and us?

thanks for reading,
blair2be
Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
karen

Hi Blair2be,
I do not see God as a trinity but see that Jehovah God is a completely unique spirit person who created a spiritual world and a physical world. I see the holy spirit as a way of communicating between the two. Jesus christ became a new creation in himself by firstly existing in the spiritual and then being born to men in the physical.
He was completely obedient to his Father in heaven and showed us failing humans how to walk physically in the spirit. It didnt seem to turn out so well for him did it. He suffered persecution, rejection, betrayal, excruciating physical pain and then death. But he didnt come to please Satan for that would have easily eliminated all that he suffered. No, he rejected all of Satans temptations and remained obedient to God to do Gods will and not his own.
Faithful to the end he was resurrected and has become our approachable King. What a wonderful hope that gives us but we need to make sure we are walking in the right spirit i guess and the only way is to truly be observing what is important to God.

2 Chronicles 33:6 (Speaking of Manasseh)
He sacrificed his sons in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

The scriptures indicate that Jesus was given the authority to rebuke and expell demon spirits. He even gave this authority to his disciples.
Matthew 10:1
[ Jesus Sends Out the Twelve ] He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
Matthew 12:28
But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
Mark 1:34
and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.
Mark 3:11
Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."
Mark 6:13
They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
Mark 7:25
In fact, as soon as she heard about him, a woman whose little daughter was possessed by an evil spirit came and fell at his feet.
Mark 16:9
[ ((The most reliable early manuscripts and other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.)) ] When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
There are many more like this .....
Jesus spoke directly to Jehovah in prayer but never consulted any other medium to approach his Father in heaven...not to my knowledge anyway.

I think that we become in a sense adopted sons and daughters when we turn away from the evils in this world and except God as our Heavenly Father. I hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
dreamer

Hi Karen,

If Satan rules the world and has done so since Adam and Eve, could it not be possible that the bible was written by Satan. If he reinvents himself as an angel of light then is it not possible that religion is a ploy to drag us away from God? Didn't jesus give just one commandment to adhere to as his final legacy? To do unto others as you would have them do unto you and to love God with all your heart - does this not negate all previous scripture and conjecture?

I'm really interested to know your thoughts as these are questions I have often wondered about, why do christians refer to the old testament if they were given just one commandment to follow by Christ. As I grew up a Catholic this never made any sense to me. Thankyou in advance, I found your post very interesting, thankyou.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:00 PM
karen

Great questions....I dont believe it possible that Satan could have inspired the Bible. It reveals Satan for who he truly is and it gives guidence as to how to avoid or combat his traps and attacks. Satans purpose on earth is to draw mankind away from God and to dismiss that he exists.
The scriptures, as detailed as they are, have one theme throughout and that is that Jehovahs sovereignty was challenged but has promised the reward of eternal life to those that have not turned away from him and his son Jesus Christ. I think if Satan were to have written a book Jehovah would not have got a mention. False religion is the ploy that drags us away from God.
The commandment ' to love God with all your heart' reveals to me that we need to put his needs first and to observe what makes him happy..in turn it makes us happy. I figure that he created us so he knows best for us. I will always see the entire bible (old and new testaments ) as a way of getting to know my Father in heaven cause thats what he wants to be to us.
Can i ask ....What did it mean to you to be brought up a catholic?..I know some people at the moment that say they are catholic. Their children were baptised and they go to a catholic school but that is it.
Closed Thread