Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 17-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Deactivated Account
the plant kingdom

So the plant kingdom I'm building a relationship with. They have showed me some of my past I hadn't known. Much of my healing was from releasing emotions from past life trauma as a native american. Actually 80% or better of my spiritual development. But this time there was no trauma to heal. But I learned something. It seems I'm a nomadic being. Which explains why I love being an over the road truck driver. Lol. She the plants showed me as a pirate, viking, and a member of a tribe in Europe. Probably and I believe Germanic. Which were also nomadic.

But the reason I'm posting this is because of the love affair I saw between the plant kingdom and the insilects. They carry a beautiful relationship together. The oneness between them is something to learn from.

Since the experience I am feeling a stronger connection of oneness with the plant kingdom. As I drive across the country my being ness I'm feeling stronger with them. Im building through experienced a stronger love affair with the trees, bushes, grasses, and so on. When I walk around and see the insect life I'm seeing it in a new way. The plants, insects, and me I hope and feel to be growing more into a better relationship. For me its a relationship of equality in that we are all as important as each other. Its pretty cool to me seeing this more and more. And from an energetic sense I grow which is a nice deal.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Suspended
Out here, the winds been strong, tearing at the pinon pines and juniper trees. Dust blows up in little swrrels, keeping the flies down. There is sage brush here amoung the trees. I watch big squrrels climb the ponderosa pines, going after the big green pine cones. Then there are the Western Blue Birds, eyeing bugs on the ground. This is just a message for you, from my corner of the woods.
Old 17-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Badger1777

It dawned on me a few years ago that all the animal life on earth, including us humans, is here to serve the plant life.

I can explain my logic if anyone is interested?
Old 17-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Out here, the winds been strong, tearing at the pinon pines and juniper trees. Dust blows up in little swrrels, keeping the flies down. There is sage brush here amoung the trees. I watch big squrrels climb the ponderosa pines, going after the big green pine cones. Then there are the Western Blue Birds, eyeing bugs on the ground. This is just a message for you, from my corner of the woods.

Beautiful and I can feel it from reading. Sounds like a great place to just be and enjoy. Feels powerful there. Especially the wind.

Waiting on my next load I found a wonderful parking spot to wait. Right in front of me is a rocky mountain with various trees, bushes, patches of exposed rocky formations and grasses. Just to the right its thick as a forest. Light breeze with humidity in the air. Feels great. I'm not really in a big hurry to leave. Lol. I'm in Arkansas. The enjoyment of just being with it and observing is very cool.

Edit. I mean I'm in Tennessee. My gosh I hop around so much forgot where I was. Lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
It dawned on me a few years ago that all the animal life on earth, including us humans, is here to serve the plant life.

I can explain my logic if anyone is interested?

Explain away

Wherever I May Roam
Old 18-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Explain away

Here goes

I realised this when I saw a moth die. I don't know why it died, that's beside the point anyway. But it died, and a breeze blew it into the corner of my mum's back yard (in proper English a yard has a concrete or stone floor enclosed by walls, its not what the Americans call a yard, which is a garden - this is surprisingly relevant).

Being a yard, there is not much in the way of plants. There's nothing really for them to grow into, with the floor being a hard surface.

As I sat on the steps, probably smoking a cigarette or drinking a cup of tea, looking at this poor moth in the corner, it dawned on me that if nobody was to clean it up, it would decay right where it was, and would turn into a very tiny amount of soil on the otherwise hard surface. After some time, with other insects dying and blowing into that same corner, along with dust of course, you'd get a patch of soil into which a plant seed, blown on the breeze perhaps, could grow.

Or perhaps the plant seed seed was not blown on the wind. Perhaps it was dropped by a passing bird, which had eaten the seed, digested the hard protective outer casing, and then dropped the kernel along with its own little reserve of bulky organic matter and water (poo).

But surely we make the plants work for us do we not? We farm them for food, and cultivate them for our amusement. But in doing so, are we not actively helping plants to breed and disperse? Plants are brilliant, but they are not very mobile. Animals are very mobile. Animals spread seeds about, and also spread pollen about between plants. Plants have evolved to take advantage of animals directly. Flowers are specifically designed to attract pollinating insects to come and shift pollen about over great distances. They've evolved to make fruit attractive to animals so that animals will eat the fruit and then at some later time, and in a different location, will poo out the seeds contained in the fruit, which incidentally only turns ripe when the seeds within are ready.

Animals, being mobile and sometimes heavy, also churn up the ground. If you're a plant, and you need somewhere new to seed into, but all the local ground is hard, it would be useful to have something large stomping all over it, breaking it up, even digging it in search of worms (another animals that serves the plants by creating air holes in and spreading nutrients around the soil).

But what about the general environment? CO2 is to a plant what oxygen is to an animal. The trouble is, plants alone, when thriving, lock up the carbon in CO2 and breath out the O2 from said CO2, which is oxygen. Oxygen is as toxic to plants as CO2 is to animals, and if the only life on earth was plant life, the atmosphere would steadily become toxic to them. The boffins tell us this actually happened once in the early stages of life on earth (before the advent of fungi that could digest lignin to release CO2). What would be great, if you were a plant, would be to have some sort of life form going about, making sure it spread itself about as much as possible, that mopped up some of the oxygen and breathed out some CO2. And what of all the dead and dying plant matter steadily building up on the floor, making it difficult for rainwater to reach the rooting zone, and blocking out the sunlight from newly germinated seedlings? Again it would be useful if there was some sort of life form that ate the dead and dying plant matter, to keep the levels down and to release locked up nutrients back into the soil. Earth worms, woodlice, slugs and snails, various beetles and other insects and bacteria all do this, along with of course the fungi, which is evolutions mid way point, the step between plant and animal.
Old 20-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Here goes

I realised this when I saw a moth die. I don't know why it died, that's beside the point anyway. But it died, and a breeze blew it into the corner of my mum's back yard (in proper English a yard has a concrete or stone floor enclosed by walls, its not what the Americans call a yard, which is a garden - this is surprisingly relevant).

Being a yard, there is not much in the way of plants. There's nothing really for them to grow into, with the floor being a hard surface.

As I sat on the steps, probably smoking a cigarette or drinking a cup of tea, looking at this poor moth in the corner, it dawned on me that if nobody was to clean it up, it would decay right where it was, and would turn into a very tiny amount of soil on the otherwise hard surface. After some time, with other insects dying and blowing into that same corner, along with dust of course, you'd get a patch of soil into which a plant seed, blown on the breeze perhaps, could grow.

Or perhaps the plant seed seed was not blown on the wind. Perhaps it was dropped by a passing bird, which had eaten the seed, digested the hard protective outer casing, and then dropped the kernel along with its own little reserve of bulky organic matter and water (poo).

But surely we make the plants work for us do we not? We farm them for food, and cultivate them for our amusement. But in doing so, are we not actively helping plants to breed and disperse? Plants are brilliant, but they are not very mobile. Animals are very mobile. Animals spread seeds about, and also spread pollen about between plants. Plants have evolved to take advantage of animals directly. Flowers are specifically designed to attract pollinating insects to come and shift pollen about over great distances. They've evolved to make fruit attractive to animals so that animals will eat the fruit and then at some later time, and in a different location, will poo out the seeds contained in the fruit, which incidentally only turns ripe when the seeds within are ready.

Animals, being mobile and sometimes heavy, also churn up the ground. If you're a plant, and you need somewhere new to seed into, but all the local ground is hard, it would be useful to have something large stomping all over it, breaking it up, even digging it in search of worms (another animals that serves the plants by creating air holes in and spreading nutrients around the soil).

But what about the general environment? CO2 is to a plant what oxygen is to an animal. The trouble is, plants alone, when thriving, lock up the carbon in CO2 and breath out the O2 from said CO2, which is oxygen. Oxygen is as toxic to plants as CO2 is to animals, and if the only life on earth was plant life, the atmosphere would steadily become toxic to them. The boffins tell us this actually happened once in the early stages of life on earth (before the advent of fungi that could digest lignin to release CO2). What would be great, if you were a plant, would be to have some sort of life form going about, making sure it spread itself about as much as possible, that mopped up some of the oxygen and breathed out some CO2. And what of all the dead and dying plant matter steadily building up on the floor, making it difficult for rainwater to reach the rooting zone, and blocking out the sunlight from newly germinated seedlings? Again it would be useful if there was some sort of life form that ate the dead and dying plant matter, to keep the levels down and to release locked up nutrients back into the soil. Earth worms, woodlice, slugs and snails, various beetles and other insects and bacteria all do this, along with of course the fungi, which is evolutions mid way point, the step between plant and animal.

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing

Wherever I May Roam
Old 22-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Suspended
The Human Animal is also part of the great big cycle.