Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 PM
elisi

well, as i said, dna proves that wrong.

all i can say is our priest uses that word for god at our ceremonies.

also, we did not originate in north america. the cherokee came up from south america. this was thought to be false even though we have this is our migration stories.

lo and behold, some time ago, archeologists found proof in south america that the cherokee did indeed live there.
Old 23-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Pathfinder

Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking
I think the question I'm asking has there been an increase in this search and if so are those individuals finding the answers they seek .

I think it's great and there are lot's of evidence to support the search.

I do believe the Native American Way is returning....some books that will help you get started to receiving the truth about life are:

The Cherokee Full Circle by J.T. Garrett and Michael Tlanusta Garrett
Medicine of the Cherokee by J.T. Garrett and Michael Garrett
Dancing the Dream by Jamie Sams
also read The Secret by Rhonda Byren

I have been seeking truth my whole life.....I have gone from Christianity to Judaism to Messianic.....now I am grateful to have found what I have been searching for: The Native American Way is the real thing:)

I love this little book: 365 Days Of Walking The Red Road, The Native American Path To Leading A Spiritual Life Every Day by Terri Jean

When we lift our hands we signify our dependence on the Great Spirit.~Blackfoot, Mountain Crow Leader

I ordered all these books from amazon.com
Old 23-06-2014, 03:04 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I believe the text you quote was written by John Howard Payne, who did indeed visit a Cherokee tribe before the civil war. He was a writer who was well aware of what the reading market was willing to pay for.

I quote this piece from a long text at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Howard_Payne

"Payne believed his research demonstrated that the Cherokee were one of the Ten Lost Tribes of ancient Israel.[2] Payne was reflecting historians and other researchers who still proposed this theory in the nineteenth century. It was at a time when historians tried to correlate their ideas with the Bible and classical texts, and were trying to fit the Native Americans into a biblical scheme of origin.[9] Some scholars criticized Payne for his refusal to accept that the Cherokee had their origins in North America. Others considered his work biased by his attempt to show the "Hebrew" origins of Cherokee religion. When coming upon elements he seemed to recognize from Judaism, rather than seeing these as organic forms that could have arisen independently in numerous religions (Eliade), Payne claimed they were derived from Judaism.[2]"
actually, the cherokee came from south america to north america.
Old 23-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Pathfinder

Perhaps the Creator placed the Cherokee in the Blue Ridge Mountains as keeper of those mountains:)

North American belonged to the Red Man, until the White Man came and took it away.

Yet the Way of the Red Man is returning to Mother Earth....we must care for Mother Earth and worship the Great Spirit Most High in sincere gratitude.