Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 18-02-2011, 07:19 PM
tmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad
You can get a permit to be buried without a coffin as long as it is on your own property. Also, there are what are called "Green Burials" that employ a
cardboard casket.

Try greeburials.org or naturalburial.coop for more information.
thank you all for the great info
Old 19-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
A while back some one mentioned to me that somewhere in the UK there are forests that are being planted that are burial area's. You can be buried in them in a biodegradable coffin i think its cardboard and a tree planted instead of a head stone. It may be worth looking into.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:25 PM
tmf

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
A while back some one mentioned to me that somewhere in the UK there are forests that are being planted that are burial area's. You can be buried in them in a biodegradable coffin i think its cardboard and a tree planted instead of a head stone. It may be worth looking into.
That is so cool,I love this!
Old 22-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Time

Its not being buried in a casket that stops your form being decomposed properly, its the embalming fluids, removal of our bodily fluids, and sealing in a plastic bag that makes it very difficult to decompose properly. Generaly in that case we turn into a pool of sludge :S.

Ive thought about this as well. Ive never understood why people wouldnt want to decompose. Thats how life is, thats how we reincarnate so to speak, so why stop it?
Old 24-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Triad

The people who lived in Hiroshima are still alive....though the issue of how one is buried has an interesting point.

Bury someone at a tree and the molecules that make one up become a part of the tree...those who eat from that tree gather nutrients in the form of amino acids. Those same amino acids that make up your body.

Those animals reproduce and the material that makes it possible for reproduction is constructed in there body's with the material that they eat.......

These animals are eaten by others and then by others who are eaten by humans beings and so eventually the material that made you a human is now a human again.

That process could take about 150 years,..... potentially...

Any thoughts?
Old 24-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Time

I think the exact same thing triad. Ecologists refer it to as the transfer of energy. Each step either depletes the energy, or passes it along in the form on young, fecal waste, loss of feathers and or fur etc.

This is probably the best scientific explanation of reincarnation i can think of. IT may also explain in some ways the explination of the hindu reincarnation idea.

The one thing i think of though, is if you actualy reincarnate at one time, only once... Our bodies have trillions of cells and evenm more atoms, so could it be possible that there could be more then one of "you" at once?
Old 24-02-2011, 11:25 PM
papadan

Cremation for me. I want no reason for my spirit to hang around.
Old 24-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Triad

Reincarnation is for me another story but along the lines of this discussion....when something is consumed some small percentage of it. Does end up as material used for reproduction in the
organism.

As in the case of Mitosis cells consume food and use those materials to divide...it is the spark of life..

For me this a part of a life cycle, a part of nature and a relationship, that makes nature a living thing, as a whole and as in the Earth.

In relation to Reincarnation my beliefs can be interpreted as the idea that
Earth is an aspect of Heaven and that the "War in Heaven" has not
ended....We are the warriors who return to earth through Reincarnation

Is a part of everything some claim may not be real but is......

Take the idea of God as Love
Jesus as Peace
The Holy Spirit as Happiness

True Love cannot exist without thru Peace or true Happiness....

In this way all are one...the Holy Trinity...

It could present another realm that this reality as we we understand it, is a part. One where emotion is by comparison as physical as what we here define as corporeal...This being how I understand Heaven that is an aspect of God.

And from this realm we have the right to stay or retun.

These are cultural beleifs translated so you can understand.

I also feel that animals and plants have souls....

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Triad : 25-02-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
elisi

some natives were put on a pyre. that's what my dad wanted but the officials frowned on that. so he was cremated.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Experiencer

I have pre paid my own funeral at a Green burial site... If you make enquiries there is such a thing as an 'ecopod' which is a canvas type body bag... You can also have a cardboard casket.. It doesn't look like a cardboard box, it is spray white and paited with flowers...

I opted for a cremation at the green burial place and a handful of my ashes are to be scattered to the 4 winds in the Bluebell wood that runs down the side.. The remainder of my ashes to be interred in the earth...
All my NAI regalia is to be gifted to others who follow our path...