Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-05-2014, 02:47 AM
Raven Poet

My Lynx Uncle has gone home

(I've posted this in the Memorial/Tributes section too.) Hello everyone. My beloved Uncle Lynx went home yesterday afternoon, after two months of living with leukemia. He was 76.

He was a gifted helper, humble and wise. His humour was delicious, his strength awe-inspiring, and his love of his family and his people is his everlasting legacy. He overcame his addiction to alcohol and devoted the rest of his life to helping others heal from their addictions, using our beautiful ancient Indigenous teachings and philosophies.

In memory of you, my Uncle Percy, I love you so much, I am so glad to have had you walk with me for this stretch of life, and I know one day when I am done this Earth walk I will go home too, and you will be there, with my precious Father and All My Relations, to welcome me home.

Kitchi Miigwetch.

Ojibwe Prayer

Oh, Great Spirit
Whose voice I hear in the winds,
And whose breath gives life to all the world,
hear me, I am small and weak,
I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold
the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have
made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand the things
you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have
hidden in every leaf and rock.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.
Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my Spirit may come to you without shame.

(translated by Lakota Sioux Chief Yellow Lark in 1887; also attributed to Chief Dan George, Tsleil-Waututh Nation/Coast Salish)
Old 31-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Experiencer

aww that is so sad and poignant yet uplifting.. I admit to having a lump in my throat as I type.. thankyou for shareing with us, I know we feel priviledged to have been a tiny part of this.. He is journeying now, speak not his name , but remeber him with love and, respect for he was a teacher of the lessons of life...
He is present in the rustle of the leaves on the trees and he touches you as the gentle wind...
I have to tell you that this self same prayer was sent to me when my mother passed to spirit some 2 years hence..
Old 08-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Raven Poet

Thank you so much for your kind condolences, Star Wolf Medicine Woman.

I've been away from SF for a while, just to process my sadness. I had a little memorial ceremony in my back yard for my beloved Uncle Lynx last week. I wasn't able to do the six hour drive to his home community for his wake and funeral. It was healing. My Uncle carried much wisdom about the Medicine Wheel, so I intuitively conducted my ceremony in that format, like in tribute to all what he taught.

I still hear his voice and see his smile; it's like he is still "here" with us, like that beautiful poem says.

I am sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope you are finding comfort in your own grief and that you still feel her and the spiritual bond between you.

Miigwetch!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Guide
I just wanted to offer my condolences for both of your losses, Star Wolf Medicine Woman and Raven Poet. Your relatives have completed this portion of their journey and have now returned to the other side to continue on their journey there.

What a beautiful poem and thank you for sharing it with us.

My you both have peace and feel the light of your loved ones, always.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 08-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Experiencer

This thread is such a comfort and although my grief is not quite so new.. I do still think of her every day.. So thankyou all for your kind thoughts..

Last year I lost my Uncle to Leukaemia too.. He had it for 2 years... He was fine one day and gone the next... Sadly these things do strike people down and we are largely powerless.... All we can do is keep them in our hearts and minds and carry on...
Old 09-06-2014, 02:49 AM
Raven Poet

Yeah, you are right. I mean, I know we come to this life to follow a cycle - birth, life, then death (then onto the next adventure!) I am okay with the thought of death, and I know it is a part of this world.

So I laff at myself when I catch myself saying, "I wasn't ready to say 'See ya later, Uncle' yet!" But grief is part of this life too, eh? I don't avoid it - I just want to process it and let it move through me so I don't get stuck for too long in it. Cuz like you say, we are powerless in how this big ole magical mystery tour called "life" unfolds!
Old 27-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Raven Poet

It's been nearly a month and I miss him so much. It's funny how even though you don't share a lot of "blood" ties with a person, you can be so connected to them.

The neat thing is, I can still hear his voice. He guides me; he advises me. I am so grateful of the love we still share, even though he is in the Spirit world. I know he is happy to be where he is; he feels happy, and for that I am grateful.

I know he is with my Dad, and this gives me comfort, because the two of them must be having a good time! Love you, Uncle! Love you Ni Paa Paa!