Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Greyeyes

My wife and I knew Bearheart Williams and his wife Regina Waterspirit. We went to a Sundance in New Mexico at the wolf sanctuary, he was there every year. Bearheart was for real. There was alot of real spirit stuff that happened around his ceremonies, he will be missed.

Thunderseed
The old ways can not be lost. It just take someone willing to do the personal work to develop conscious contact and bring it all back. I have seen this already.
Ishtahota
Old 26-02-2012, 09:10 PM
precchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Yes, I've read other books that demonstrate what you're saying. In other books, the Native Americans have dropped the Christian teachings all together. To me, those express a purer, if not pure, form of Native American beliefs.

I just found it sad in that particular book how the merging of the two expressed itself. Like "Amazing Grace" Silvergirl referred to her post. I would find it terribly sad to hear Native Americans singing "to save a wretch like MEEEEEE".
Hi
I'm looking for other good books to read. Please mention some of the books you refer to that express the pure form of Native
American beliefs.
Thanks
Old 27-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by forests
you might want to read the book american genesis, the author a trained anthropologist claims native americans were the first race on the earth, 250,000 years ago before any of the other races and that all inventions were originally made by the native americans but biased western scientists have attempted to cover all this up.
Are you aware that the idea of ethnic groups being categorized by 'race' has fallen out of favor with many anthropologists? Mostly because it comes with a set of assumptions that ethnic groups are radically different. Which is not the case.

What is the author's name? I looked at 'american genesis' and found a book about technology.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Time

Quote:
you might want to read the book american genesis, the author a trained anthropologist claims native americans were the first race on the earth, 250,000 years ago before any of the other races and that all inventions were originally made by the native americans but biased western scientists have attempted to cover all this up.

First. Native americans, by the oldest claim are 40 000 years old. They came here in a few migrations from russia, during (mostly after) the last ice age. Native american, and south american natives have almost the same dna as asians, which is the same as north eastern russian and siberian genes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_of_the_Americas

Second. The modern human, is only 50 000 to 100 000 years old:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens

Quote:
race is a biological reality, if you study physical anthropology all races look different, have different size brain, skull structure, iq etc etc, no race is the same, only becuase of modern day liberal political correctness and becuase of the holocaust some scientists are scared to admit races exist. book is by jeffrey goodman, hes writing a new book at the moment arguing for a multiregional origin of humans, ie different races have lived in isolation for along time with minor gene flow. hes got evidence tho putting native americans the proto caucasian race 250,000 years in north america.

Of course race is real, but it depends on the context. If you mean race as in biological terms, then yes. This is adaptarion and varation in species. Proof is in the plant world where we hone the "best" or most wanted traits that randomly pop up. W exploit this and breed only that type. The proof is in your garden

It isnt really real, in terms of a social context, becasue they are things we make up, and ar eusually though of as contries of people of a specific region, reather then genetics, and adaptations.

Lastly, just because one anthropologist says its legit, does not mean it is. I cannot find one legit article to corroborate what you state. I can only go with the most logical theory, and that is usually conrived by many scientists agreeing in a sort of democracy, not only one unproven theory.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by precchar
Hi
I'm looking for other good books to read. Please mention some of the books you refer to that express the pure form of Native
American beliefs.
Thanks

I'll dig through what I have and let you know.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
First. Native americans, by the oldest claim are 40 000 years old. They came here in a few migrations from russia, during (mostly after) the last ice age. Native american, and south american natives have almost the same dna as asians, which is the same as north eastern russian and siberian genes.

I've read that there's now doubt being cast on that theory because they've found Native American archaeological sites in North American from times before the land bridge to Asia existed.
Old 28-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Time

Quote:
These are some very odd comments from a "spiritual seeker" this thread is not to debate about human origins though I admit it was probably my mistake to reply to you about race and the multiregional. Note how one user asked that hes looking for other good books to read on Native Americans, and I listed one and gave a description of it.

American Genesis by Jeffrey Goodman is a book which gives the complete history and origin of the Native Americans, their culture, religion, myths etc etc. I never said I believe in it did I? I merely listed a book with its description, the books claims to have evidence, you havnt read it, so theres no debate.

No, but you fedinitely spoke of the book as truth, and also recommended it as legit history, which it clearly is not.

Here is a quote from one of the archeologists "quoted" in this dudes book:

"The archaeologist Stephen Williams wrote that "Marshack has said that he was badly misquoted by Goodman, and the date is arrived at by extreme extrapolation."[7]"

wikipedia

Im sorry, That is not a legtamate source of native american history, which is very skeewed and almsot entirely lost.

Quote:
Wikipedia says it, so that solves it for you does it?

Yes and wikipedia also says regarding many the things that you believe in such as mediumship, aliens, ghosts, spirituality, metaphysics, channelling, and near death experiences have no evidence at all are all based on delusion or in the cases of paranormal phenomena are all tricks and frauds, - are you going to paste all that in aswell? You obviously cherry pick information and shun others.

I have been an editor for the last few years on wikipedia, they only include the mainstream opinion on everything, alternative theories are not aloud on the website.

Well, the thing is I make sure i check the sources shown, and it is also the fasted, most decently reliable source of information at quick hand.

Also I AM native canadian, so I dont need some kook telling me my peoples history.

Anyperson can edit wikipedia. THerefore anyone is an editor. So, not to seem rude, but, you want a cookie?

There are going to be weird topics on an online encycolpedia. I did not menton those at all by the way. It is going to be referenced, becasuse someone was interested enough to make the page on it. Im pretty sure thats how wikipedia works no?

Quote:
?? then why do you believe in ghosts, aliens, mediumship, metaphysics and spirituality? the broad consenus reached by many scientists it that these things dont exist. - remember you said you only go with whatever is mainstream amongst scientists democracy, you appear to of delved into some contradiction.

Where did I ever anywher ein this thread, or forum say I belive in any of those things? IF you actually take my post history, and look, you will see I actually try to explain those things logically. I would also assume that some people here take that as me being pedantic, but im sure someone on this thread can attest that I dont mention those at all. I also never mentioned going with what ever is main stream.

I have no idea where you get these assumptions on...

TO who ever asked for a book. I cant remember any off hand, but your best bet is to go to a library, where you can get away form all the misinformation on the net about their past.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:24 PM
elisi

i'd like to share that i had the privilege of meeting bear heart. he was very gentle and sweet. he asked me for reiki and i was glad to do so. when we came out of the cottage, people said while we were in there, 3 eagles circled above. life is amazing!

about amazing grace.....christians would be surprised to know that this is an old cherokee hymn.

a scotsman who had stayed with the cherokee, loved it but changed the words. perhaps that's why you always hear it sung to bag pipes.