Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-04-2022, 08:26 PM
Master
I don’t understand how we would pick to live in the alternate of pain~ where reincarnation after reincarnation pain is felt and that pain has realised: after all the things there’s to realise, then I would state if just realise myself as one with pain but you can’t be one with it just a witness too it~ do I really want to witness pain: I suppose yes, we WANT PAIN but that’s when all desires, destiny’s are fulfilled?! I suppose it came early into fate- because it’s no superstition that we are where we are- God doesn’t play dice or physics doesn’t…

No amount of meditation will get you to where pain is int it’s oneness, we can only feebly attempt…but pains not meant to be attempted.. epiphanies

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 27-04-2022, 08:30 PM
Master
Sky- your not missing much with dreams : your stuck in a reality that’s distorted- even though wish’s and dreams come true - often by repeating thoughts.. they just thoughts come alive.. but I definitely believe that alternate universe are to play, just the message [code of the dream] hasn’t reached them yet.. but eventually it will reach the light and be ready for decoding - I’m not sure if we dream with our eyes or something else.. not sure if that’s a factor or deterrer? Common or not -

Old 28-04-2022, 03:41 PM
Master

hi lost soul,

yeah, trying to go after pain as the 'one true answer' is as silly as anything else we might pick as the 'one true answer'. The very chasing around after it keeps you away from it... the curse of the loa... and really like you say that while it might have uses it isn't very satisfying. Especially socially.

but the answer isn't in the pain itself it is in what comes next, as far as I can tell.

But the reason it is so hard to deal with for me is I've been accustomed in many past lives to look for the 'one true feeling' that will solve all my problems... and I naturally want that to be a 'good' feeling... whereas the kinds of pains I'm likely to be put in induce vibratory states, usually states others wouldn't approve of, and therefore aren't a 'one true feeling' in the way I'm accustomed to seeking it and at the same time I feel like i'm going to draw ire...

Sigh...
Old 28-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
I don’t understand how we would pick to live in the alternate of pain~

i wanted to say something. I wouldn't have chosen pain, and would give it up if I could. But people are continually mean to me and I'm just doing the best I can with what I've got... the hands I've got to play are 1) deal with the pain that is heaped upon me and use what I can of it 2) just be still and let god play... I'm still on #1... whether I will ever get to #2 remains to be seen...

that said, at least this way I get to animate myself. I've missed that, might even be worth what I have to go through lol.
Old 28-04-2022, 06:39 PM
Master

if one were to want a clearer shot at pain, one could try letting oneself get cold for a while. Not nearly as muddy as what I'm doing; much easier to see what is going on. Supposedly, much much faster as well... And arguably, the way I go about things may not actually be viable in terms of achieving any particular goal lol...

Cold showers are a good start; milder is taking your sweater off in coolish weather and dealing with what happens as you are wanting to put it back on lol...

I don't like to talk about gains from behaviours because well people have paraded gains in front of me as a tease for something I should want, and then blocked me if I tried to accomplish them. So I won't...

[edit]
by the way noone said a caterpillar felt no pain when it transitioned into being a butterfly.
Old 28-04-2022, 10:29 PM
Experiencer
FallingLeaves - In my opinion, physical pain and emotional pain (feelings) are two separate things that, sadly, share the same word. They are similar, just as legs and arms are similar, but they're also different. Significantly different.

I can easily see seeking to be free of emotional pain. To let it go and leave it behind. Some ways of doing that are, imo, better than others, but there are lots of methods. Virtually any spiritual pursuit will lead you there eventually. All roads lead to "home".

Seeking to be free of physical pain is different and, imo, only advisable in cases of chronic pain. Even then, care should be taken to insure that the body can still signal us. As Native spirit said, physical pain has a job to do, and it's best if we let it do it's job.

As for seeking enlightenment through pain (either kind) I see that as an aberration similar to Stockholm Syndrome. A survival tactic that's best abandoned as soon as you can.

You're right about the caterpillar though. Transformations are often painful. Thankfully, at least for spiritual transformations, that's temporary. Kind of like ripping the bandaid off.
Old 28-04-2022, 11:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
You're right about the caterpillar though. Transformations are often painful. Thankfully, at least for spiritual transformations, that's temporary. Kind of like ripping the bandaid off.

that is what I was trying to say. But 'temporary' in terms of what I'm talking about may not mean what you think it does either... temporary with a bandaid is a few seconds. temporary with a human is unknown because noone will try it lol. Although there are some hints in the historic record...

Problem as one person put it is the intelligent are too smart to try anything so dumb (for all the many many 'reasons' similar to the ones you gave), and the unintelligent have bought the notion from smart people that they are too dumb to get away with anything a smart person says no to...

IMO as far as emotional vs physical pain... when you get physical pain you also get emotional pain. For example the common first thought is 'I wanna quit this' and if it continues you find yourself fighting to try to make it stop. A very emotional response comes if you have to deal with the reality it is continuing while wanting it to stop, and that can be painful emotionally. It gets even worse once you've gone far enough to see the silver linings and that just maybe making it stop isn't the most useful thing one can do... then you are in a constant fight between the idea that your own observations, while wildly unliked, may have a grain of truth to them after all, and the observation of everyone else that it is best to ALWAYS 'feel good' and 'be happy'. This can be mind-numbing...

besides that the purely physical effects of cold can't be simply talked away either the way I see it now...

not that I'm advocating that everyone should go off and be in pain either though. Unfortunately I don't think there is any such thing as a 'straight path' to get us to the place we all seem to want to go... in fact I think the place we want to go is bunk anyway and best left to the dead... but anyway there is no point in advocating stuff people aren't willing to do. We all have way too many 'have tos' on our list already (mischevious grin).

The only reason I'm saying anything at all about any of this is lost soul had a legitimate question about what is going on here and I felt like giving my two cents on an alternate theory of reality lol... sometimes talking beyond the limitations we expect life MUST have can be cathartic to someone somewhere...
Old 29-04-2022, 01:30 AM
Experiencer
All experiences elicit an emotional response, and physical pain is no exception. What that response is varies but you're right - it happens.

As far as I know there have been at least a few who've sought to plumb the depths of physical pain. And I expect they discovered extraordinary things. Experiences like that are, in and of themselves, rather extraordinary. Is that the thing you're saying smart and dumb people won't do? I think you'll find it's been done at least a few times.

Physical pain is, in and of itself, rather cathartic. I remember reading about someone who got into seeking pain, and his reason was he loved the feelings he got when it stopped. I know - that sounds like a bad joke - but I can understand what he was saying. It's cathartic, and possibly addictive in an odd way.
Old 29-04-2022, 04:13 PM
Master
Definitely cathartic- the bodies response to pain with a numbness tingling- trying to over load the circuits- I still believe pain is a spooky action at a distance—-

Or it’s way enlightened as a whole perception-

I understand the pain from people and the pain of fire are probably alike emotionally and physically… even natural death is painful the heart giving up and squeezing..

It’s natures way of telling us somethings wrong but the pain of fire is unnatural- you can’t put your finger to a lighter.. it’s that intense..

Wether it’s a natural element or a being I beg to differ: enlightened definitely..

Alternate universe have definitely got worlds where pain doesn’t belong.. I want to focus on those observers whom can’t feel pain nor it doesn’t exist—- it might seem like the real world while with fire present we are definitely stuck in a world of pain, electricity and even hot water..

There elements that constantly say there is pain to them and different pains at that compared to pain is pain and it’s elementary in it’s own birth right-

Why oh why must we live in a perfect world with these elements lol

I know the world is perfect and god doesn’t play dice??

Everything happens for a reason but the butterfly affect definitely is~ imo

Transformation is definitely happening wether that’s strength or receptors being accustomed to pain and blocking it out..

At some points I feel like I can’t feel pain just hear noice that’s telling me I’m in pain.. as a supreme being at least in my future ~ wouldn’t of made pain into the universe but god and the Big Bang has plans for us and all the alternatives of universes and physics—-

It’s addictive because we can’t become one with it than one with the moment of pain??

Old 30-04-2022, 12:43 AM
Master

never mind...

Last edited by FallingLeaves : 30-04-2022 at 03:50 AM.