Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2022, 06:08 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Act of non action: to allow.
That's still action because to allow implies you can also disallow. That's doership.

https://medium.com/@gitadaily/4-18-i...n-b98feb87dee8

One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men, and he is in the tranecendental position, although engaged in all sorts of activities.
Old 26-04-2022, 07:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Grace is simply a doubt-free seamless connection with our own divinity within, rooted in purity of being, when ego recedes and we no longer resist shining as as love & light, which we already are.
This is a valid description of grace. But there is another kind of grace, which allows for the existence of greater spiritual Beings who observe the progress of human beings and may occasionally intervene to elevate the consciousness of individuals at an appropriate moment.

Such grace is a gift. The person receiving this grace, such as is given in a genuine inner spiritual initiation, does their part to become open to such a gift. But the energy which allows this gift to happen is provided by those responsible for the evolution of humanity.

We are not alone in our endeavours.

Peace
Old 26-04-2022, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's still action...
... sorts of activities.
Where is the action in allowing?
Old 26-04-2022, 11:23 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Where is the action in allowing?
Allowing would fall under agency/doership. This is a very good explanation of action/inaction from the perspective of Karma /Jnana Yoga. The first approach - Work as Witness - explains it in that context. https://youtu.be/n-SUJ0Vwelk?t=1055
Old 27-04-2022, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Allowing would fall under agency/doership.
seems like he would agree. God does nothing and leaves nothing undone. Allows.
the greatest power accomplishes the most with least amount of effort. Accomplishes all with zero effort. allowing.

I am not good at allowing. But it is like being dead while being alive. letting go of all and letting god. letting and allowing. also allowing actions of the self. allowing the allowing.

still dont think the word allowing from this perspective is good? or?
Old 27-04-2022, 07:07 AM
Master
In Buddhism they say a lot things about jhana, but it generally pertains to equanimity. Following my earlier post, equanimity is nothing more that the absence of volition (kamma), and the absence of volition is just the cessation of reactivity. If we want to make it more convoluted, fine, but in any practical sense, that's basically it.

Hence meditation is fundamentally being aware of, but not reacting to, anything that happens. This undermines ego (very loaded word), or the sense that there is a permanent and identical identity, because this apparent self is perpetuated from the past to the future by the volition. That is driven by reactions which by definition are the psychological aftermath to what has already happened and/or the grasping toward something one wants to happen. That state of mind is distracted as it is primarily concerned with what was and what will be instead of realising its actual and present existence.

The problem people face is even when the sole intent is to be present and aware, some sort of experience will arise which makes them react, so although it is as simple as just stop reacting to everything, in practice it's, well, not as easy as it sounds. For one thing it is happening at very subtle levels we don't even know about, but mainly, as experience leans toward extremes we get to a point where we can't keep still and start to lose the plot.

Yep. Equanimity, which is the same as not generating kamma which is the same as 'jhana' if you whittle it down to bare bones, takes practice to cultivate. Maybe 'grace' will happen, maybe not.
Old 27-04-2022, 09:53 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
seems like he would agree. God does nothing and leaves nothing undone. Allows.
Hypothetical. You come across baby Hitler in his crib and he swallowed a toy and is choking on it. You do nothing, allowing him to die. Is that action? Yes, it is. On the other hand if you did something to save his life that is not action. Another way to think of it is selfless vs. selfish. If action is selfless then it is inaction and if inaction is selfish then it is action.

Inaction in action and action in inaction.
Old 27-04-2022, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Hypothetical....
... inaction.
The desire to save a choking baby, has to be allowed.
Old 27-04-2022, 11:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The person receiving this grace, such as is given in a genuine inner spiritual initiation, does their part to become open to such a gift. But the energy which allows this gift to happen is provided by those responsible for the evolution of humanity.

We are not alone in our endeavours.

This is true, my experience showed me this, but their is always more that integrates through these initiations. Initiated to understand an outside reflection leading you to become aware of your own divinity or true essence.. the energy shared a seed of potential awakening more through that transmission..to become.
Old 27-04-2022, 05:23 PM
Master
QUOTE 15 EXCERPT:

Quote:
I am not good at allowing. But it is like being dead while being alive. letting go of all and letting god. letting and allowing. also allowing actions of the self. allowing the allowing.

still dont think the word allowing from this perspective is good? or?

Having been a Phi Beta Kappa intellectually-challenged person in the distant past and totally reliant on my intellect, it was very difficult ... at first .. to "allow" in the sense that you described it. I too once thought that it was "like being dead while being alive".

However, ..... after my spiritual mentor shifted my focus from the intellectual to the "allowing" (not a trivial task by any means ), I soon realized that life was far better than ever before. Mysteriously but understandably, one suddenly sees the BIG PICTURE from a far different perspective and one acts consistently in a way that one couldn't even have imagined ... and with far better results ultimately than the little intellect could ever have foreseen. :thumpsup:

One's skepticism turns to faith ... and, with optimal results, the faith transforms into confidence ... and into trust .. and into the complete/total surrender of "allowing".

NOTE: To connect this to the question of the original poster, there is no longer any karma ... just divine wisdom (jnana).
Closed Thread