Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-05-2022, 11:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
The self is evermore awakening.
The self doesn't awaken because it doesn't sleep, as deeper understanding of dreams tells you that. It also has no sense of finite or infinite since it is undifferentiated consciousness. Real and unreal is 'decided' by what doesn't exist and is the differentiated consciousness of the ego, to the undifferentiated consciousness of the self there is only what does exist.

To the self there is no positive or negative, awake or asleep, true self or false self, vibration, expanding, shrinking...... No Duality since Duality is a 'product' of the ego. No 'you' to have all those thoughts and for most people, that's damn scary.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:59 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
No 'you' to have all those thoughts and for most people, that's damn scary.
Ego/Ahamkara resists that conclusion at all cost.
Old 09-05-2022, 08:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Ego/Ahamkara resists that conclusion at all cost.
The ego/Akamkara is individual and most people only have their own egos as a reference. For people with mental health and personality issues reality doesn't conform to Spirituality. It doesn't seem to be bothering my ego any.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:08 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The ego/Akamkara is individual and most people only have their own egos as a reference.
That's probably why it doesn't like to be told it's all fabrication. How I see it is until one can step back from mind, see it from a different perspective for what it is, one is too heavily invested in ego to even consider the possibility of letting it go. One piece of wisdom I took from Sadhguru is to open up a space between consciousness and mind. Advaita would probably frame it as a shift in identity from mind to consciousness.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's probably why it doesn't like to be told it's all fabrication.
Ego is a sense of 'I am', it's what that 'I am' consists of that counts. We can't get away from that and we need that point of reference for psychological reasons. Identity is still identity regardless and sometimes one's ego can find status is identifying with consciousness instead of mind. So really, it can be back to square one because there is still a sense of "'I am' identified with consciousness."

You don't need to let go of your ego, it can also be a friend. Same with the mind. Ego isn't a problem and mind isn't a problem, how people think of them is a problem. Asa far as this goes in the Spiritual texts there's a 'framework' of sorts that puts things into relationships and it brings understanding. That doesn't happen in Spirituality.
Old 05-06-2022, 05:11 AM
Master

Quote:

Ego isn't a problem and mind isn't a problem, how people think of them is a problem.

Why is religion and spirituality often founded in the mystical or the poetic and not necessarily orthodox logical ways of thinking ?
Why are there references to miracles scattered throughout the major religions ? A mystical experience doesn't require thinking, it might
have thinking leading up to that experience but doesn't of itself require thinking ? If thinking is a symptom or an effect of the mind and ego
as you say then why are there experiences that contain neither as we know them. Maybe miracles and supernatural activity dont exist because
they don't need the ego or the mind to exist ? Do you believe in the supernatural and how would it relate to your system of thinking ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 05-06-2022, 07:25 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Do you believe in the supernatural and how would it relate to your system of thinking ?
I'm a clairsentient medium, which means I'm also psychic. Add in a touch of Gnosticism and intuition.

What I said was that the mind and the ego aren't a problem, and I stand by that. I also don't understand where you're coming from. What I meant was that often uninformed people make enemies of their egos and their minds.

We can't actually experience anything without mind or ego, and since this is a non-Duality thread then the experiencer and the experienced are one and the same. Perhaps miracles are beyond our capacity to understand them.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:00 AM
Master

Quote:
I'm a clairsentient medium.

What does a Clairsentient medium do ?

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 05-06-2022, 08:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
What does a Clairsentient medium do ?
He/she drinks beer and eats popcorn. But seriously...

In Clairsentience, clair means 'clear' and sentience means 'knowing' - but it doesn't mean knowing in the way most people would understand it. Clairsentience is my particular gift. Clairvoyance is seeing, so Spirit would send the medium images. Clairaudient is hearing so the Spirit would 'talk' to the medium. A medium has a link to Spirit and acts as a medium between Spirit and another person, that might be someone the medium is having a personal sitting with or someone from an audience if they're doing rostrum work.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:26 AM
Master

Quote:
A medium has a link to Spirit and acts as a medium between Spirit and another person,
that might be someone the medium is having a personal sitting with or someone from an audience if they're doing rostrum work.

Do you use your gift ?