Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-04-2022, 08:19 AM
Master
Everything comes back to the perfection of morality, but it isn't obedience like following the Bible or Buddhist precepts or whatever. It's the quality of volition, and pretty much everyone generates ill-will inside them but refrains from acting it out. In man's law that's fine as long as you do not do the thing, but in universal law, the negative vibes lead to manifest conditions that are more conducive to harm than to benefit. IOW, misery is translated to everyone else via vibes that ill-will creates.

This is spiritual place and many following God's Word and teachers' narratives become obedient, so they never really understand how it goes to the very genesis of the mind. I'm especially radical in saying drop all of those things and think for yourself. As long as one seeks answers and follows what's being bandied about they will never fully discern for themselves, and therefore have no need for real honesty, and therefore have no way of being more purely-intended.

It's scary and uncomfortable and there's pressure as those who want you to conform start turning the screws... and believe me, you don't have to do anything wrong to upset everyone and get in a lot of trouble, but you have to be willing to be 'true unto thine self' no matter what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOp_3LQYNA (Yes. there is irony in posting a youtube after what I just said)
Old 18-04-2022, 06:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOp_3LQYNA (Yes. there is irony in posting a youtube after what I just said)
Yes most people including myself shy away from the uncomfortable feeling when confronted with the so called 'untruth.'
I meet a guy at a dharma center who happened to grow up in the same City as myself. Something in common.
He was around the same age as myself maybe a bit younger, had built his own house on the side of a mountain a couple of miles
from the center. We were also both musicians of some sort. The guy kept insisting that I go and see his house (my intuition from the
start was said no need go and see the house) so I went up one day and it was a great place, played a few tunes. Visited him more regularly, and discussed Buddhism etc. But that feeling of shouldn't really be there never really left me. I knew this guy would be working through stuff as most 'Spiritual Practioners often are' mental
illness etc. A mutual friend from the dharma center had a cottage where folks stayed casually. He was away in another country.
Some guy staying there stole his chainsaw, my friend decided to tell this guy i stole it to curry fever with him. I thought
these guys are sufferring from cabin fever The guy who's chainsaw was stolen sent me and show me the emails from the other guy
saying i stole it. Anyway needless to say it made me pretty angry and sad too and slightly confused lol.

Question being shouldn't I have listened to my own 'truth' in the first place
and never went to that guy's beautiful 'spiritual abode' lol. Perhaps I was meant to ignore my intuition
and be there and be accused for different reasons. Also I heard said that the biggest thief is the thief who
steals your peace of mind. This guy was probably up there with the John Gottis of peace of mind thieving
community lolol And I'm not saying that possessions and respect for other people's possessions is not
important etc. And as for the trappings of spirituality well this guy had it all the incense and
the wall hangings the hermitage etc. etc.Anyway thanks for listening, i thought it would be a good
way to explore my own 'truth' by telling that tale.

Thanks for the video link btw. I've never associated Jordan Henderson with
Christianity. I've never heard him speak about it. The truth he speaks about
seems a little bit abstract ? Do you want to say a bit more about it ? Cheers.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 18-04-2022 at 08:19 AM.
Old 18-04-2022, 06:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Two advaita teachers with the same root Guru who is Nisagardatta, give two
Teachings which seem out of synch with each other hence grabbing my attention.
Here is the dilemma. Ramesh Balsekar says that we have no free will, we may have
an apparent free will and that is fine but ultimately all is the Cosmic Will.
Everybody distorts whatever they perceive, so it is likely that two different individuals interpret differently the same teachings. Who is right? From your perspective: none of them. You should interpret it for yourself! An interpretation appropriate for one isn't appropriate for another, because each one of you has different psychological and spiritual needs; you are at different points in your quests.

What is important, and useful to understand is that you can get the proper interpretation for yourself even if the teaching is imperfect. The teaching you're exposed to is just a conduit for tapping into your own inner source of knowledge and guidance, tapping into direct-knowledge.

You can choose either of those two, and even better Nisagardatta, or Ramana, but try to get the direct-knowledge, and not to understand what they meant, or intended to teach. Don't look to compare between teachers which one makes more sense, nor which one feels right. Blank your mind off beliefs and expectations, and tap directly into the direct-knowledge.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-04-2022 at 11:35 AM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting.
Old 18-04-2022, 08:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Everybody distorts whatever they perceive, so it is likely that two different individuals interpret differently the same teachings. Who is right? From your perspective: none of them. You should interpret it for yourself! An interpretation appropriate for one isn't appropriate for another, because each one of you has different psychological and spiritual needs; you are at different points in your quests.

Well said and thank you for sharing these ideas. Seemingly obvious but a very much overlooked point.
Very good advice and something I needed to hear.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 19-04-2022, 11:39 AM
Another reminder: The Admin has requested since Nov 2020 to only
quote 2-3 sentences when quoting others.
Referring to the post # helps.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-04-2022, 07:10 PM
Master

Quote:
... Also I heard said that the biggest thief is the thief who steals your peace of mind. ...
Can genuine peace of mind be stolen or influenced by anyone else?

True peace of mind would not have been affected by these events. It arises from within and is unconditioned by external events.

But it sounds as if the whole saga was an interesting lesson in trusting your intuition and being detached from the antics of other people.

Peace
Old 20-04-2022, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Do you want to say a bit more about it ? Cheers.
I'm not a real Peterson fan, but he's stood strong with his convictions so I admire his mettle, and he does come out with some gems. I have been blamed and accused for things I never did and had nothing to do with, and even worse, everyone believed it. It's terrible for my reputation, but I know what's true so I let everyone be wrong and figure time will tell, eventually. I also never got along with the real spiritual mob until I did more serious meditation and made a couple of friends who weren't into the luvvy duvvy huggy wuggy heart chakra, but proper trustworthy and kindhearted. I never really trusted the parade that ends with a merry dance around the enlightenment pole and always thought there's something wrong with satsang. It's kind of like mining where you have to sift a ton of ore for a few grams of gold.
Old 20-04-2022, 07:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Can genuine peace of mind be stolen or influenced by anyone else?

Good point. I doubt if real peace can be added to or stolen or anything like that, the peace that passeth all understanding as the Bible refers to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But it sounds as if the whole saga was an interesting lesson in trusting your intuition and being detached from the antics of other people.

Definitely no harm in being faithful to our boundaries and intuition. The problem probably resides when our wisdom is not that developed and we
want to give the benefit of the doubt to someone. We often see it as an act of compassion and it's often uncomfortable which is ok too as long as you
watch yourself and don't end up in jail etc. It's you call and your education.
The 'Spiritual Path' can lead you to places like dharma centres and there you get to rub shoulders with folks from different walks of life.
People you normally would not a have chance to meet in 'real life'. It also shows you how conditioned folks are into their ways of life,
class, habits etc and if those guys had known anything about my social conditioning and the thieves i grew up with they would know
I was not one etc. Also how alike people are despite their backgrounds and conditioning.

Old 20-04-2022, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for the video link btw. I've never associated Jordan Henderson with Christianity.
The Liverpool player? Me neither, the way he shoots his mouth off seems very un-Christ-like.
Old 20-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
The Liverpool player? Me neither, the way he shoots his mouth off seems very un-Christ-like.

ah man !!!! Well spotted ! Goes to show ya what's
lurking in the depths of my mind ! Now if you said Virgil Van Dyke or Salah perhaps we might get closer to that type of perfection !!! Jesus that made me laugh ! lol.