Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 04-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I'm sorta at the point, where I don't want to choose either inner or outer as being somehow better. Although if I had to make a CHOICE I would have to choose inner like you do.

But I guess I'm personally trying to learn to stand on the edge between worlds... but that is just me lol... and who knows if that is even possible?

I guess you have to continue your spiritual quest, and continue adjusting your opinions as you grow (I am not inferring to follow my advice, or claim that I know better, but I believe what I write).

For me, all started when I felt I needed to understand why I am here, alive, on Earth, at this time, and what have I come here to do. Then ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by inavalan : 05-05-2022 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2022, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I guess you have to continue your spiritual quest, and continue adjusting your opinions as you grow
actually sometimes i feel like, the path i'm on, that is all I ever get to do. lol.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:34 AM
Master

Quote:
actually sometimes i feel like, the path i'm on, that is all I ever get to do. lol.
I meant: when you don't get results you can persist, or can try something else. It is like with elections for political office: you keep believing the promises that weren't kept, or try somebody else.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:52 AM
Master
Quote:
hm... so I'm a closet buddhist? (twinkle)[edit]
well they have a no-suffering-allowed clause in their contract so I didn't sign.
Star bright star light
Wish I may, wish I might (is that how it goes?)

So if they have

no

Suffering

Clause

Allowed

Contract

Who’s the one reading this and how are you perceiving and reading it..

Hehehe.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:50 AM
ImthatIm

I believe there is a Sacred Beauty in building relations and connections with both the inner and outer.
First discovering the inner(Divinity) and sharing it(Inner Divinity) with the outer.
There seems to be a never ending changing set of dynamics that keeps Life full of wonder and with Childlike AWE.
One day the cycle of my Breath shall cease to BE.

Then there is the writing in CH 56:
One who knows does not speak;
One who speaks does not know.

Block the openings;
Shut the doors.
Blunt the sharpness;
Untangle the knots;
Soften the glare;
Let your wheels move only along old ruts.

This is known as mysterious sameness.

Hence you cannot get close to it, nor can you keep it at arm's length;
You cannot bestow benefit on it, nor can you do it harm;
You cannot ennoble it, nor can you debase it.

Therefore it is valued by the empire.

All this just humbles me to know I am still growing toward the Mother of ALL Creation and stand in AWE
finding moments of simple Acceptance and Gratitude when I allow myself to enjoy the ride in Connection to Life.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
I meant: when you don't get results you can persist, or can try something else. It is like with elections for political office: you keep believing the promises that weren't kept, or try somebody else.

yeah has been kinda my life, one thing works for a while so I take it as an 'answer' then it doesn't work so I gotta figure out why then try something else... I'm starting to think the point just might be not to be so sure I wanna be comfortable believing tomorrow whatever it is i believed yesterday...

the problem of course is if I'm into getting results I can never be sure I'm not just going in circles without even understanding that is what I'm doing lol... which after all is easily (or maybe not so easily) to not be so sure I actually want the results I say I want lol! A lot seems possible when i'm not so stuck on deciding what the ending must be long before I get there...
Old 05-05-2022, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Who’s the one reading this and how are you perceiving and reading it..

Hehehe.

hehehe... very apt. OTOH the words that are said w/regard to buddhism do seem to tell me I should try to avoid suffering, and then there is always the implicit 'to fit in with what others on this path are doing'. And then the implied punishment for not following the rules. But again like you say a lot of that is just me not wanting to try rocking a boat that may not even exist!

[edit]
I have to be careful, having learned the hard way that assuming something DOESN'T exist just because I want that gets me kicked. Suppose that could just be a matter of what I expect, as well... but at the same time, I've got a choice what to pay attention to and what to try to change. I'm neither much interested in buddhism to begin with, and playing it cautious is kinda fun, so....

Last edited by FallingLeaves : 05-05-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I believe there is a Sacred Beauty in building relations and connections with both the inner and outer.
First discovering the inner(Divinity) and sharing it(Inner Divinity) with the outer.
There seems to be a never ending changing set of dynamics that keeps Life full of wonder and with Childlike AWE.
yeah this is kinda where I'm coming to, things change more than they stay the same and one desirable thing seems to be able to (dynamically) relate to what is in front of me now, rather than what I saw in front of me yesterday or what I want to see in front of me tomorrow...
Old 05-05-2022, 06:04 PM
Master

Quote:
yeah has been kinda my life, one thing works for a while so I take it as an 'answer' then it doesn't work so I gotta figure out why then try something else... I'm starting to think the point just might be not to be so sure I wanna be comfortable believing tomorrow whatever it is i believed yesterday...

the problem of course is if I'm into getting results I can never be sure I'm not just going in circles without even understanding that is what I'm doing lol... which after all is easily (or maybe not so easily) to not be so sure I actually want the results I say I want lol! A lot seems possible when i'm not so stuck on deciding what the ending must be long before I get there...

Your post reminded me of somebody's method of looking at things: MADA loop:
  1. Monitor
  2. Analyze
  3. Decide
  4. Act
  5. --- go back to #1
Many times we get stuck in one of those steps, instead of continuously looping through them one by one.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Your post reminded me of somebody's method of looking at things: MADA loop:

[snip]

Many times we get stuck in one of those steps, instead of continuously looping through them one by one.

yeah for me there is always a desire to be comfortable and just stop somewhere... my guides said whenever i decide to do that I will die lol.

Anywho, I'm not that formal as to literally follow something like that. Although you might be able to describe me as doing something similar if you want. (one of the tricks in the tao te ching is to describe something and then point out immediately that if you then turn around and use those descriptions as a basis for activity, you will be unable to get the desired result. Which seems 'true' to me at least in meditation as I've seen how over and over the very thought patterns I've used to 'know' how to proceed disrupted my energy fields enough that I've had to learn how to proceed without using them. It *seems* true on the level of society as a whole as well although I don't really think of it much any more)

But it seems to me there is something important missing from MADA loop, 'rest'.

To me, things can have a life of their own (kinda like plants), and letting them be what they are without paying much attention sometimes and without trying to interact with them all day every day seems nice to me... I can come back later and marvel at the changes I see... not nearly as tiring either lol!