Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 13-04-2022, 06:57 PM
jaminhealth

I enjoy some astrology and don't count on it for life issues, but it's interesting and for religion, I went searching for years to a "fit" and the only good "fit" was Science of Mind (SOM) and I live my life with the principles of SOM.

As it's said, when the student is ready the teacher will appear...this is how it happened for me and SOM in the 1980's....
Old 05-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Master
I personally belive astrology and religion are correlated, I'm not good at explaining how so but that is what I'd like to learn more about.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:07 AM
Master
Love astrology and the mathematics of it all...As for religion, I myself substitute that word for faith and would rather call it a faith than a religion.
I am of the Roman Catholic Faith btw and open-minded about using thing's that aren't particularly gospel or outside of the adverage Roman Catholics norm, like astrology.
Love utopia
Old 09-05-2022, 04:23 PM
Guide

If anyone has access to the Gaia channel, there's a series on there called The Secret Life of Symbols, and the first episode (I think) was all about what IamThat said - the link between astrology and Christianity and how Jesus represents the Sun with the twelve apostles as the twelve zodiac signs. Fascinating watch.
Old 13-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Ayana

The Zodiacal signs and planets are mentioned in the earliest texts of the Rigveda and Yajurveda. In the Rigveda, for example, the planet Budha "Mercury" is associated with the Asura Vritra and the Navagraha are invoked in hymns. The Vedic era astronomer-priests knew of seven planets and two lunar nodes. They were also aware of more than 500 fixed stars and constellations, and various atmospheric phenomena such as winds, rains, clouds, and meteors. The Vedic texts frequently refer to the Moon as Aslesha, the star of the demon (asura) who is slain.
Old 13-05-2022, 09:36 AM
Ayana

Buddhism

In Buddhism, the planet Rahu is acutpala and is considered a male demon. It is also generally believed that the other planets are ruled by various gods.

In Theravada Buddhism, Rahu and Ketu are believed to be disembodied beings, who are born as result of a primordial union of the Sun and Moon. In Chinese Buddhism, Rahu is called Ju Men.

In Tibetan Buddhism, Rahu is considered a black Drala, a wrathful spirit, a demonic form, who rules over the planet Rahu, in the southern direction. He is also considered a dharmapala, a defender of the Dharma. He is often depicted with a knife in his right hand, which he uses to cut through ignorance, and a jewel in his left hand, which he uses to dispel poverty.

In Mahayana Buddhism, Rahu is considered to be the embodiment of the negative karma of all beings. He is also considered a guardian of the Dharma, and is often depicted holding a sword in his right hand, which he uses to cut through ignorance, and a staff in his left hand, which he uses to dispel poverty.

In Vajrayana Buddhism, Rahu is considered to be a wrathful deity, who rules over the planet Rahu, in the southern direction. He is also considered a dharmapala, a defender of the Dharma. He is often depicted with a knife in his right hand, which he uses to cut through ignorance, and a jewel in his left hand, which he uses to dispel poverty.
Old 13-05-2022, 09:37 AM
Ayana

Hinduism

The planet Rahu is known as Raahu in Hindu astrology. He is a male demon and is considered to be the king of the planet Rahu. He is also considered to be the embodiment of the negative karma of all beings. He is often depicted with a knife in his right hand, which he uses to cut through ignorance, and a staff in his left hand, which he uses to dispel poverty.

In Vedic astrology, the planet Rahu is known as the "North Node" of the Moon. It is considered to be a "malefic" planet, and is often associated with problems and difficulties. In Hindu mythology, Rahu is the head of the demon that swallows the Sun or the Moon during an eclipse.

In the Puranic texts, the planet Rahu is known as the "head of the dragon" that swallows the Sun or the Moon during an eclipse. He is also known as the "lord of the demons" and is considered to be a malevolent planet.

In Tantric astrology, the planet Rahu is known as the "lord of the demons" and is considered to be a malevolent planet. He is often depicted with a knife in his right hand, which he uses to cut through ignorance, and a staff in his left hand, which he uses to dispel poverty.

In the Vedas, the planet Rahu is known as the "head of the dragon" that swallows the Sun or the Moon during an eclipse. He is also known as the "lord of the demons" and is considered to be a malevolent planet.

In Ayurveda, the planet Rahu is known as the " lord of the demons" and is considered to be a malevolent planet. He is often depicted with a knife in his right hand, which he uses to cut through ignorance, and a staff in his left hand, which he uses to dispel poverty.