Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Pathfinder

Is this weird to feel something from a photo of somebody?

Why cannot I look at a at a photo of somebody who is a Father figure to me since I was 8 or 9, but I never have seen them in real life or spoken to them?

When I look at him, I quickly look away or I give a quick smile, but feel nervous and look away. I have been doing this ever since seeing photos or videos of him, but I cannot look at him for too long in a photo. It's like he is staring into my soul.

He has always given me a sense of comfort during hard times, foster care, in social situations or even thinking about death, he calms me. I accept death because I feel in my heart I will go back to him. This feels like he is more to me than this earth, like a physical or spiritual family member. I feel sad, because I wish I knew him in real life. I feel empty. My Husband understands how much this guy has been for me. I love my Husband because he is so caring and understanding and seems to be like a parental figure too. It's hard to explain, like an spirit guide etc. I am 34 and my Husband is 49, this other person I feel comfort since age 8 or 9 is 56 years old. I have had so much spiritual experiences in my life, but this father figure has helped me. I got more to the story aswell.

I also had a dream last night that I was cuddled by a loving parent and felt like it was 2 people in one. Like I was the child, but the person cuddling me is my Husband and Father figure in one. I love dreams like this. Like feeling a parental love, but felt spiritual too.

So my question is, why cannot I stare at this photo of my father figure for too long? I get nervous and looking into his eyes, I look away quickly.

Please nice comments only. 😊💗
Old 20-04-2022, 05:09 PM
Pathfinder

When reading your account, I first thought that you may be Clairsentient.

Then as I read on a bit further about you having never met him in person, I thought that there could be a past life or after life (soul group) connection.

Also, you could do a Google search about memory suppression. Maybe his face, eyes, expression, etc is triggering a past life memory of some kind.

By the way, maybe this present life father figure you have a photo of, once played a highly spiritual role in a past life like a priest, rabbi, monk and so on. Of course, that past life role could have been far less than spiritual. What does your intuition tell you? (Gut feelings, thoughts, impressions, etc.) What emotions surface? (positive feelings like happiness, nurturing, safety . . . or negative feelings like fear, distrust, shame?) These feelings are guideposts to your answers.

I recommend you keep a private journal if you can (a journal--some have locks--or use a composition notebook, or use Microsoft Word or similar program and use a password you can easily remember). Whichever method you choose, you can jot down notes of what you sense or feel and what you were doing or thinking at the time.

Many blessings to you. I hope that other forum members will have additional ideas & opinions that will help you.

Last edited by True Angel : 20-04-2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old 21-04-2022, 06:23 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneconciousness
So my question is, why cannot I stare at this photo of my father figure for too long? I get nervous and looking into his eyes, I look away quickly.
When I have questions like that one what I do is ask myself "What am I pretending not to know?"

That may sound silly, but it's surprisingly effective. Pay particular attention to the feelings you have when you ask it. Often they're what points you towards the answers you seek. Sometimes a memory will be linked to the feeling, so explore it. And do it relaxed - preferably alone. No one but you needs to hear the answer.

Good luck!
Old 21-04-2022, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
When I have questions like that one what I do is ask myself "What am I pretending not to know?"
Pay particular attention to the feelings you have when you ask it.
I love that advice.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Administrator
I would advice you to do what justin has said

Namaste
Old 19-05-2022, 01:51 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing

That may sound silly, but it's surprisingly effective. Pay particular attention to the feelings you have when you ask it. Often they're what points you towards the answers you seek. Sometimes a memory will be linked to the feeling, so explore it. And do it relaxed - preferably alone. No one but you needs to hear the answer.

Good luck!

Thank you Justin,

I followed your advice.

I actually feel an intense energy when I look at his photos. Like something very strong and my heart starts pounding. I know there is something there and I feel it (not romance etc), just a strong bond and I still cannot put my foot on it.

I appreciate your response 😊💜
Old 19-05-2022, 02:29 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Angel
When reading your account, I first thought that you may be Clairsentient.

Then as I read on a bit further about you having never met him in person, I thought that there could be a past life or after life (soul group) connection.

Also, you could do a Google search about memory suppression. Maybe his face, eyes, expression, etc is triggering a past life memory of some kind.

By the way, maybe this present life father figure you have a photo of, once played a highly spiritual role in a past life like a priest, rabbi, monk and so on. Of course, that past life role could have been far less than spiritual. What does your intuition tell you? (Gut feelings, thoughts, impressions, etc.) What emotions surface? (positive feelings like happiness, nurturing, safety . . . or negative feelings like fear, distrust, shame?) These feelings are guideposts to your answers.

I recommend you keep a private journal if you can (a journal--some have locks--or use a composition notebook, or use Microsoft Word or similar program and use a password you can easily remember). Whichever method you choose, you can jot down notes of what you sense or feel and what you were doing or thinking at the time.

Many blessings to you. I hope that other forum members will have additional ideas & opinions that will help you.

Thank you so much True Angel for your response.

I feel a very deep connection and it feels intense. I don't know what it is, but if you read my other posts, you probably have an Idea in detail how much he means to me.

It is a positive feeling. It just feels abit strong that when I look at his photos I get a sense of comfort, but his eyes are staring right back into my soul and I look away.

I have another world, that I am a 5 year old little girl (and sometimes a teenager), and he is my single Father, who works hard and protects his daughter and she also has a nan, who her Father frequently visits or to babysit His daughter.

This other world has been since I was very young too. And I go into that world quite frequently. Its a mixture of the good and the bad. Like some balance. Like a very overprotective parent, but still get that love and cared for like parents do too.

In this world, I see him as a Father figure with an intense connection that I cannot put my foot on. He if my life, my comfort blanket and keeps me calm when I am going through a storm. Plus gives me motivation. I have never felt this long term connection with anybody. I normally get over people quickly etc, but there is something about him that has been long lasting since I was a little girl and now I am 34 this year. There are so many sychronities with him and etc I would be here forever. Lol.

It could be past life or a soul family member, because in my heart he is such a comfort to me and I deeply feel something is there, like tied to him in some way, but just don't know what it is.

Like a nudging feeling, but positive.

I did know that I was going to have a car crash whilst I woke up that same morning, in Jamaica. The moment I woke up, the day didn't feel right and it only intensified closer to the time of the accident, that same nudging feeling and I was only 7 and scared to say something after it happened as I knew or thought I would get blamed for this major accident. But I know that day, the adults were deciding if they should have the roof off or on. And I said "NO, ON!", even though the whole time on that holiday I loved that roof off. Which I am glad they decided to keep it on, or there would of been fatalities.

Sorry for blabbing on, but my whole point is, I do follow my intuition.

Thank you sooo much again for taking the time to respond to my post. If you have any more ideas, I am happy to hear them. I will go online and search about that Memory Suppression.

🌌💜☺️🤗
Old 19-05-2022, 08:33 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would advice you to do what justin has said

Namaste

Thank you! Namaste to you too 🙏🏽💜
Old 21-05-2022, 06:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for sharing such an amazing piece of content on Angel Numbers
Old 21-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Gree
Thank you for sharing such an amazing piece of content on Angel Numbers

I didn't know I posted in Angel numbers, I thought I posted in Angel and Guides, sorry. I am using my phone, so I cannot read properly where I post.

💜💜💜💜