Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-05-2022, 11:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdronin
Im not like you and probably I live my darkest hour now, before I was more like on the other side, but I keep trying.
You said you are living your darkest hour. That sounds like a worry. I hope you will be OK and things will turn out well for you. It is good that you keep trying. That would make ap harder if you have problems. The authors say to put your problems in an imaginary box and then you will be able to ap. They also say, if you cannot do that then try ap some other time. If I have problems I forget about ap for a while. You have a big advantage over me and that is I started to learn ap when I was a lot older than you. It helps a lot to ap if we are not angry, have good thoughts and not to dwell on things. That can be hard to do if we come into contact with nasty people.

I often fall asleep lying on my back when I do not put my attention to my forehead. Last night before going to sleep I tried to ap but did not succeed. I fell asleep. I think it was because I was doing a relaxing technique and that is what happened. I will try again tonight and I will not do a relaxing technique. I will let my body and mind relax by itself.

I find I often fall asleep listening to tapes. It is easy to do so I prefer not to listen to it when I am trying to ap. When I practice meditation then I like to listen to it. Perhaps you could listen to the tapes for a short while so you will less likely fall asleep.
Old 21-05-2022, 07:41 PM
Experiencer

Thanks AstralSuzy, I think my friend will be out soon, he said he heard some noises and like water drops and other things but is still trying, he felt light, I believe he will be out today for sure. To think that he was about to give up a few days ago, luckily we managed to convince him to not give up, we have been trying to ap for almost same time so I told him even not having my first hand experience, keep on trying you are almost there and there he is about to ap.

Im sorry you had that dream, well I know as you said lucid dream is not bad is just another experience and we get better at controlling ourselves, well I hope next time you can handle it and be able to get out of the dream. I have heard that its sometimes useful to wish the dream end and not focus into anything in the dream, but I havent managed that as I dont have lucid dreams, only had like a couple long time ago and I woke up suddenly.

Also thanks a lot AstralSuzy for your good wishes, I hope I can come out of this situation soon, its true that in this world there is evil people, I didnt know before now and that somehow destroyed my world, I have thought some times that maybe this is making trouble with the ap attempts. Also as Im following the tapes what you said sounded familiar, Robert Monroe who made these tapes say to start always with a box and throwing inside all of our troubles, its the energy conversion box, dont know why exactly the name is that, I just visualize a strong box with a heavy lid as he suggest.

Its a pitty when we fall asleep, right? I have just read something different about this, well you can continue focusing in your forehead, maybe thats better for you, but I will try this new trick today, they said to try adding numbers, like do 2+2=4 4+4=8 8+8=16 etc and when we cant make the addition then start again, what I like about this is that its true that counting we can fall asleep but maybe making some maths is harder to fall asleep, right? so I will try that and see what happens, its another way to keep the mind awake and body asleep state or sounds like logical to me.

Also yes, you are right AstralSuzy, one can fall asleep listening to tapes, but what I do now is sleep enough before listening to the tapes so in my case its hard that I fall asleep and I do that for 2 hours after sleeping for 7 or 8 hours so its hard that I fall asleep, it can only happen if I couldnt sleep well because night was too warm for me or something. Also I still do meditation after that, my personal favorite is still the I AM that youtube meditation, its surprisingly beautiful sound and very relaxing, not like falling asleep but like feeling different, a friend of mine says she reaches the void listening to it, maybe it can happen too.
Old 21-05-2022, 10:24 PM
Master

Hi asdronin, It is good to hear your friend is still trying and did not give up. This is always going to happen. We succeed to ap and then it does not happen for a while. Then it works again. It will be a lifetime of this happening. If you friend is not fully committed he may not want to continue to keep trying to ap in the long term. I will always keep trying. You will get there because you are determined to succeed.

Please do not be sorry that my experience was a dream. I was happy because I was aware and I knew it was a dream. With experience I will keep getting better. Thanks for the suggestion, I will not focus on the dream things. I have to get myself more alert and that should stop the dream things from happening.

I hope you will be able to get out of that awful situation you are in with awful people. You can still ap provided you leave it behind when you try to ap. It makes it a lot hard to ap if you are worried and stressed about things.

It is a shame we fall asleep when we do not want that to happen. Doing addition that might work for you. By doing that it might make your mind not relax which might be a problem. When your mind is relaxed then that would be good to do. It is just a suggestion. Try it and see what works for you and what does not work.

That sounds really good that you have a sleep first then listen to the tapes. It seems what you are doing will work. Thanks for suggesting the tapes. This afternoon and when I go to bed I will listen to the I Am That meditation. I will keep my focus on my forehead as that will help me to stay awake. Last night I tried to ap but it did not happen and I gave up. I did not try to ap in the morning. I was disappointed when I woke up and thought I did not even try to ap.
Old 22-05-2022, 11:48 AM
Experiencer

Hi AstralSuzy, you are right, being determined to succeed in ap is key, some people give up for one reason or another, my friend is convinced now, you know a few days ago he was about to give up as he thought maybe ap was not real, but now that he has been half out he is more convinced to keep on trying, I will keep on trying of course.

I know there are many advices about how to stop the lucid dream, I hope what we talked serves you, I havent had enough lucid dreams to know how to stop them, a person I used to know had many of these but I think he was not willing them to end, I think he was having more fun in the dream even if its not real.

Thanks for your support AstralSuzy, I hope as well Im able to leave this situation, well I know it can make ap harder, but still all is possible, and I cant change how I am now, so I have to keep trying no matter what. I still listen to the gateway tapes, I think this can lead me to somewhere.

I tried doing some maths when I was going to sleep, but I was really tired and I fell asleep but I think it can be good when one is not too tired, not like being totally awake but I feel like maybe a little drowsy state could be needed.

Yes I think sleeping for enough time gives us the awake state needed to focus in the tapes, these tapes have usually 40 minutes tracks that have to be listened from start to end as these incorporate instructions on what to do one after the other. So I think thats the best path I can take, I have to confess I dont feel in a special state with them so far, I mean there is a tape thats suppossed to put us in a state where mind is awake and body is asleep but I have felt that same state when I tried to ap with other methods and never went beyond that point, still I will continue with tapes and see where they take me from here.

Yes I think the I Am That meditation is really good for any moment and will help you to ap, its a pitty you didnt try to ap in the morning but sometimes we are tired or have other things in our mind and its hard to deal with everything, it happens to me too, although I try to make all the attempts I can. These days here weather is too warm so its hard to focus sometimes, we cant blame ourselves for things that escape our control, maybe that make us try less often.
Old 22-05-2022, 10:12 PM
Master

Hi asdronin I am glad your friend is convinced that ap is real. As we know it can take time, determination, dedication, practice and learning. Once we get there it will be great. It will be worth the effort. I do not look at it as a chore. I look forward to the practice. After a while of practicing I have had enough so I stop. Then I look forward to it again. In the mornings I now try to ap until I succeed. It is important to enjoy relaxing and making the effort. If it becomes a chore then we do not want to do it. I am so used to doing this now that is has become a habit. I do not think I will ever stop.

I am not concerned about if I lucid dream. I think with practice I will be able to control and stop the dream. A lot of this is practice and learning what to do and not to do.
By listening to the tapes could be harder as you have to listen to the instructions. That could make it harder to get into the meditative state. Try it for a while and see how it goes. It might be better to listen to the relaxing tapes. It would help to get your mind and body relaxed. Try and notice if that happens as that is important. If it is relaxed then do an ap technique. If it does not work go back to relaxing listening to the tape and repeat. By doing that you should ap. If not, soon, it could happen any moment.

If you feeling tired doing the maths and you notice you are loosing count because you are falling asleep then do an ap technique. It would hard to succeed if you were really tired.
I am going to listen to I Am That meditation in the afternoons when I practice meditation and ap. If we get used to our mind being relaxed then ap will likely get a lot quicker to achieve.

It can be hard to ap when the weather is hot. It gets hot here a certain time of the year. I try to make myself as comfortable as I can and if there is nothing else I can do improve it, then I try to put up with it. It can be hard to do but we have to try to not get distracted when something happens. I say to myself now to put up with it. I can feel myself getting hotter and feeling uncomfortable. I try to ignore the feeling but it is hard to do. I used to give up, turn on my side and go to sleep.

Last night I tried to ap but I fell asleep and I was disappointed. I could not understand why I fell asleep. Perhaps it was because I am letting my body and mind relax too much. For now on as soon as I notice my mind is more relaxed than normal I will do an ap technique.

I tried to ap again about 2.15 am. What happened was strange. I thought I ap but I was dreaming that I ap. This is what I think happened. In the morning I felt a pulling sensation in my forehead. That was likely an ap sign that I was going to ap. That happens all the time when I meditate during the day but not in the morning. The next moment I was dreaming that I was in my bed in my bedroom. I looked around and I thought I thought I was in another room to practice ap. I dreamed that I went into the other room and I was meditating lying on my back in bed. I decided to do an ap technique and use my arms to fly. It was easy to do and it worked. I must have been in a lucid dream. I was trying to get myself more alert. I could feel my hands whereas before I could not feel anything. I am slowly getting better at it. Later on I was loosing awareness and I knew I was going to go back into my body. The author William Buhlman says if that happens to say awareness now. That is what I will try to remember to do. I woke up feeling a bit frustrated. I will keep trying.
Old 23-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Experiencer

Hi AstralSuzy, thanks for the advice, I think you are quite right, being tired is not a good idea when we try to ap, I know some authors say yes but I thnk its not really good, we tend to fall asleep. I believe my friend will be out really soon, he says every day he is either very light or half out, not completely out but like floating etc. Also I think its good to have daily practice like meditation and other things we can do and are going to be beneffit to us.

I will do as you said with the tapes, I think you are right and its hard to relax with them as these are guided exercises, still in some occassions I fell asleep because sometimes we have silence like they dont repeat all the steps we have to do but give time for us to do them and that happens when some kind of white noise is in the background so if one is a bit tired it can happen, as Im sleeping enough these days it only happened once to me, but I will kee using them until I feel Im fully out.

True, the I Am that mediation leaves the mind very relaxed and as you say its often said that ap can happen easily if thats the case, I will listen to that often too.

Yes with hight temperature in the air its very hard to do many things thats are usually very straight forward, so I think meditation and ap require we feel a lot more confortable.

It seems you have more lucid dreams lastly, I dont know what causes these, anyway yes we have to be alert and detect when it happens to be able to stop it, I have dreamed a couple of times I was in the astral plane but found out these were dreams later, either I woke up in the dream and later in my room or just noticed it was wrong here and there, still we have to stay alert to detect a lucid dream and be able to make it stop, good luck in next attempt AstralSuzy
Old 23-05-2022, 05:20 PM
Experiencer

AstralSuzy, my friend who is still half out in his attempts needs some extra advice, what else he has to do to fully be out? he tried and is always in that point where he is light and half out but never fully out, so please give him any advice.
Old 23-05-2022, 09:51 PM
Master

Hi asdronin, how is your friend trying to get out of his body? I know he is half way out. All he has to do is move himself out of his body. Tell him to physically move himself. He will not be physically moving it will just feel like it. If he does that he will get out. If he finds it hard it is because he is not confident he can do it. The quicker he moves out of his body the easier it is. The slower you do it the harder it is. That is how it is for me. My last time was slow and it was easy. I guess it comes down to experience.
Last night and morning I fell asleep and I woke up disappointed. Please do not be sorry. It is OK. I will just try again. I realise I have to be aware of dream images otherwise I will go into a dream. That is what happened this morning. I noticed I have been lucid dreaming lately. I never lucid dream. I think I am starting to lucid dream is because I am putting effort into trying to ap and it stays on my mind. I think in time you will lucid dream as well.
Old 23-05-2022, 09:59 PM
Master

Also it might help when your friend is half way out is to keep saying I can do it. I can get out and keep repeating. That is what I did a long time ago and it worked when I was struggling to get out. When he calls out, he is calling out spiritually so he will have to worry about waking anyone up.
Old 23-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Master

There is another way your friend may like to try. I have not tried it and I see no reason why it would not work. When he feels he is floating, half way out or both he could imagine he is floating higher and higher. That will get him out of his body.