Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 29-09-2021, 01:18 AM
Seeker

How many here are syncretic?

Syncretism is the syncretization or blending of different traditions for example I am a syncretist of Rodnovery(Slavic Neo-Pagan) and Heathenry(Germanic Neo-Pagan) so I am curious,

How many people here are syncretic?

If you are not syncretic what do you think of it?
Old 10-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Master
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaroga
Syncretism is the syncretization or blending of different traditions for example I am a syncretist of Rodnovery(Slavic Neo-Pagan) and Heathenry(Germanic Neo-Pagan) so I am curious,

I am so glad that you provided a definition for syncretism as the "blending of different traditions". Without your definition, I would have had to look up the word.

I am a blend of so many traditions (I take the best from each tradition) that it would be difficult to enumerate them all.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:15 PM
Master
Instead of choosing a path
Why not let the path choose us

That way, our receptivity is virgin
Old 12-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Guide
In this day and age we are all probably syncretic, even when we think we are following a traditional path, there are probably little things that have been added or deleted or replaced with something else along the way of taking on that path.
Old 27-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm both a Christian and a Spiritualist at the same time, and I'm syncretic in my beliefs, really (I believe that Jesus is divine, but also believe that Starseeds are real, too).
Old 29-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Master
I think most people are syncretic, the difference is one of degree. Religions, beliefs, and cultures don't change from A to Z in a blue, but gradually over time. Along the way new things are added and discarded. Just like in the past there were different hominids existing on earth at the same time and today you have different types of bears or even among brown bears or really anything else. It's like that in nature and it's like that in culture, and down to individual beliefs. There are constant interactions and variations.
Old 10-01-2024, 12:29 PM
Master

I have not ever heard the word syncretic before reading this thread now. Will look it up. For a long time I have felt I don't really fit anywhere. I was baptised into the Lutheran church as a child, didn't have any choice there, and got confirmed at 14 because practically my entire year class did (97-98% of the national total), but by then was considering myself an atheist. 40 years later I am certainly no atheist any more. But what am I? Some of my beliefs are of christian origin. But most of my spirituality does not have that origin; some come from the old norse ways of my own country, others connect with the Native Americans, the Lapp culture, Australian Aboriginal, Celtic ways - I find some beauty and some ugliness within every faith and religion, and am determined to work with what wants to work with me. Someone called me an eclectic believer once and I think I rather like that. Calling one and only one direction the only true one at this point makes no sense with me.
Old 10-01-2024, 03:43 PM
Master

I think I’m on the same page as you WhiteW. Ie I take a bit of this and a bit of that and follow my own path. Works for me.
Old 10-01-2024, 04:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaroga

If you are not syncretic what do you think of it?

I would take this beyond simply speaking of faith, beliefs and/or religion. At any point in time…past, present or future…all that I can declare is that I AM. In the past I/we have all been syncretic….”jack of all trades, master of none.”

But at the present time….to borrow from the lyrics of a song, I must say “God bless the broken road that led me straight to you.” This seems to be in line with the idea of ‘amor fati’….Latin for love your fate.

Certainly perhaps not the answer that was expected……..:)