Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Reincarnation scares me

I don't want to go through the horror of childhood, or to lose my identity, or worse be reincarnated as an evil person or someone suffering in a horrible part of the world.

I hate this idea that we are sent here to learn. I'm hoping that the afterlife is just something god or whatever built the universe created as a failsafe to preserve the souls of everyone who died and that the afterlife is where we get to live out the best versions of our lives again, with our loved ones and no memories of the previous lives.

Are there any NDEs that back this up? I hope NDEs don't say that you have to go back and be someone else again. I couldn't take that.

I'm also absolutely terrified of the Egg by Andy Weir. It is this idea that you are not only reincarnated through space, but time as well. IE I could next be reincarnated as someone dying in the trenches of World War 1, or worse be reincarnated as Hitler!

This is both terrifying and depressing me. I hope that maybe some stories of NDEs and afterlife studies here can perhaps ease my worry. Is reincarnation mentioned in NDE experiences. I hope not. I really hope not.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:43 PM
Master

So you dislike the idea of having to reincarnate because you are afraid of what you might suffer. It sounds like you are already in a state of suffering, and the cause of all your suffering is the ideas in your head.

You hate the idea that we are sent here to learn. I love the idea that we are sent here to learn. It means that life is not just random chance - there is meaning and purpose to our lives.

Why would you be reincarnated as an evil person unless there is some part of you that is attracted to evil? And if reincarnation is a fact then no doubt we have all been all types of people, and we have probably all done terrible things. And perhaps we have learned from the past and we have no desire to repeat these actions.

Instead of living in fear and resistance to what might be, use this life to cultivate a peaceful mind and a loving heart. Be present with what is, rather than worrying about all the things which might be. Embrace a spiritual path which resonates with you.

The cause of all your suffering lies within you, and the cure for all your suffering also lies within. Are you willing to make the effort to find peace?

Peace
Old 09-05-2021, 08:36 PM
Administrator
I Would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 09-05-2021, 10:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So you dislike the idea of having to reincarnate because you are afraid of what you might suffer. It sounds like you are already in a state of suffering, and the cause of all your suffering is the ideas in your head.

You hate the idea that we are sent here to learn.
I don't get why people are so attracted to this idea? It's horrifying that we choose to suffer. I'd never choose to be depressed like this, never mind be crippled or be tortured.

Sorry but that post isn't a comfort to me. I hate the idea of reincarnating at all. I have my own idea of the afterlife which you can maybe find in my history. I so hope that is true.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So you dislike the idea of having to reincarnate because you are afraid of what you might suffer.
Most people who are awake do not want to have to come back to this horrible place because it most likely will not be in the 40s,50s it will be after 2022 (Or whenever they die)
Old 09-05-2022, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Most people who are awake do not want to have to come back to this horrible place......
I suppose you mean alive in this world when you used the word "awake"...... I hope I can reassure you - and anyone else who's afraid - that NOBODY will have to come back to this physical world. If we do return it's because we will have chosen to do so.

Teachers and guides have taught that life incarnate is sought for the accelerated spiritual progress it provides. It's not a punishment, not something we have to do.

Yes I understand when you call it horrible but there is so much you may not be aware of. The notion of reincarnation - further lifetimes - is greatly misunderstood like so many issues considered in isolation, without an overall understanding of life, death and what follows.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:59 AM
Bambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I suppose you mean alive in this world when you used the word "awake"......
Actually no mate I mean those who are aware of the real reality of this world and how things really are and are not a slave to the system....
Old 10-05-2022, 06:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Actually no mate I mean those who are aware of the real reality of this world and how things really are and are not a slave to the system....
I suppose I'd see myself as being aware of the reality of this physical world yet I experience none of the fear some contributors appear to be experiencing.

I don't know which system I might be accused of being a slave to but generally my ideas are shaped by principles that underpin my overall approach to life, death and what follows. If they can be shown to be unreliable I'll review that approach.

I would never claim I'm aware of the "real reality" of this world but I'm pretty confident I'm not a slave to any particular system. blessings
Old 10-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Most people who are awake do not want to have to come back to this horrible place because it most likely will not be in the 40s,50s it will be after 2022 (Or whenever they die)

That is indeed how many people feel. I hear you.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That is indeed how many people feel. I hear you.
many people? How many people and how do you know how many? Please don't extrapolate from personal to general without evidence to support.....